Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There is speculation regarding the drafting of Justin Reid, just from the fact his brother has been outspoken.

Questions are asked, like "...has any of this thinking rubbed off? "

Yes it is an issue.
FO also asks stupid questions that shouldn't be asked in the first place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
We have
Jahleel Addae.
Adrian Phillips.
Rayshawn Jenkins.

We need a reasonably priced Single-High with better tackling ability than Tre Boston.

Alternatively, we could use a Combo Safety with better coverage skills and range than Eric Reid.

Maybe that is his brother Justin Reid at 48.
What about Kyzir White, West Virginia?
Alternatively, Shaquem Griffen could be a LB/S floater.... our version of Jabril Peppers..??

Go Chargers...
Old 03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTrader View Post
What about Kyzir White, West Virginia
Tall and very physical. gusD likes. Fast. Plenty fast. 4.54. Was even hoping for faster @ Indy. Hybrid/SS. @ 84 ?

Edit. Shaquem. Just watched him again. I really like him at 84.

And re Jabril, if I am CLE, I am looking hard at Minkah, or a trade down.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Hall of Famer

At this point Navorro Bowman shouldn't break the bank. Let's take a chance. We're just a couple pieces away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.
3. I.Prince, OT
Old 03-22-2018, 12:40 AM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post
At this point Navorro Bowman shouldn't break the bank. Let's take a chance. We're just a couple pieces away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.
But what would we do if the other team decides to pass the ball?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
Old 03-22-2018, 02:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
In this case, Hankins doesn't fit a 43 Tampa 2 scheme.
This right here. Even Jim Irsay tweeted and alluded that it was due to a scheme change that he was cut.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I can't think of anything significant as the constant kneeling in the NFL that occurred in the NFL.

I'll just agree to disagree. Reid is a fine player. Actually I think he's a really good player. But teams not jumping on him right now does speak volume. Owners know something we don't know. Who knows, maybe it's an underlying injury. But the kneeling every game could also be the big reason why.
Reid lost a lot of playing last year to their other safety. Hes also more of an in the box safety than a FS. Im forgetting the other guys name but he played so well that the 49ers didnt wanna take him out so Reid got moved to LB for a game. But then the other guy got hurt so Reid went back to the safety position. He does have coverage skills in man to man, short ranged areas but that doesnt mean hed be a good fit at FS in a single scheme.

If anything he translates more to an Addae/Adrian Phillips role with us. Makes no sense to spend more cash there when wed still be without a starting FS.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
But what would we do if the other team decides to pass the ball?!?
Youll see basically what happened to Ray Lewis a fees back in the Super Bowl vs the 49ers. They picked on him all game long, especially in the pass. No thanks! Our thumper is Perryman, yeah hes often injured but I rather get a younger thumper than Bowman/beef up the D-line.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTrader View Post
Do you think we solve our safety position via the draft or are you open to Boston coming back?
Nothing wrong with doing both. If Boston comes back, remember, they drafted Rayshawn Jenkins out of Miami, and were high on him. His young career has not played out yet.

If Boston does not come back, Safety is an immediate need. TT likes Journeymen in this role (Boston). I have a feeling there are going to be multiple safeties that will be looking mighty tasty when pick #17 rolls around. If James, Harrison, or Reid are still there at #17, whew, start squirming in your chair.

Last edited by Chargerfreak; 03-22-2018 at 03:41 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
Youll see basically what happened to Ray Lewis a fees back in the Super Bowl vs the 49ers. They picked on him all game long, especially in the pass. No thanks! Our thumper is Perryman, yeah hes often injured but I rather get a younger thumper than Bowman/beef up the D-line.
For your consideration....Micah Kiser. Definitely fits the bill as a run stopper...and may even be able to develop his coverage skills with some pro coaching. Excellent insurance against Perryman getting banged up. Bet he can be had in the fourth.