Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2018, 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...954749953?s=21
That’s a shame. Super talented and apparently super troubled.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Josh I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. I knew the silent games he was playing with the Browns and yes that he was going to relapse the moment he was traded to the Patriots.

Get some long term help. Go back to school, stay sober and find other work. He can't handle being a professional athlete. Too much temptation...best of luck Josh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...954749953?s=21
Old 12-21-2018, 04:02 AM
Power of 51

So.........Gordon has been nailed for pot,,,,,,AND the NFL wants to get rid of the ban on pot.........hmmmmmmmmmm..............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:43 AM
Thank you CMB

Pot is legal in Massachusetts but not in the NFL... Sucks for him, like having a diabetic work in a candy factory. I feel bad for Gordon because of his obvious addiction and likely mental issues, but at the same time he has been given several chances and is in a much better place to receive treatment than the average person. The NFL should ban him forever... Sometimes it takes something like that to put people on track.

In other news... The Patriots sign Justin Blackmon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
So.........Gordon has been nailed for pot,,,,,,AND the NFL wants to get rid of the ban on pot.........hmmmmmmmmmm..............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp
It doesn’t say he was banned for pot. Otherwise post is spot on
Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
It doesn’t say he was banned for pot. Otherwise post is spot on
17 and half other bans for pot, I'm going out on a major limb here.........

Old 12-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
17 and half other bans for pot, I'm going out on a major limb here.........
Have all his bans been for pot? I don’t follow Josh Gordon bans but if that’s it I would have to call bull****
Old 12-22-2018, 03:44 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Have all his bans been for pot? I don’t follow Josh Gordon bans but if that’s it I would have to call bull****
3 times on two college teams, the first two were pot, the third not disclosed. But he admitted after the third he went back home to continue selling pot.

Gordon told GQ he had a pregame ritual where he would take bong rips and/or shots of Grand Marnier or whiskey before kick-off. Of course he was at Cleveland, so you can understand it.

2014 was for pot.

“I failed myself when started using marijuana regularly as a young teenager,”

“Looking for people on the street corner, whatever smelled like weed, somebody that looked like they had something, asking random people, knocking on like smoke shop storefronts seeing where I could find some stuff at.

Gordon earned a basketball scholarship at Westbury Christian, a prep school in Houston, but was thrown out in the 10th grade for marijuana.

Gordon said he sold drugs, mainly marijuana, to “feed” himself. He said he smoked marijuana every day

police found him and teammate Willie Jefferson asleep in a car parked in the drive-thru lane of a Taco Bell at 2 a.m. Officers found multiple bags of marijuana in the car, and both players were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, though the charges were dropped.

While at Baylor, Gordon said a dealer from home would send him as much as six pounds of weed per week that he would sell in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. He estimates he banked over $10,000 per month from dealing.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:49 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Seems his career found him. Football isn't it

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
3 times on two college teams, the first two were pot, the third not disclosed. But he admitted after the third he went back home to continue selling pot.

Gordon told GQ he had a pregame ritual where he would take bong rips and/or shots of Grand Marnier or whiskey before kick-off. Of course he was at Cleveland, so you can understand it.

2014 was for pot.

“I failed myself when started using marijuana regularly as a young teenager,”

“Looking for people on the street corner, whatever smelled like weed, somebody that looked like they had something, asking random people, knocking on like smoke shop storefronts seeing where I could find some stuff at.

Gordon earned a basketball scholarship at Westbury Christian, a prep school in Houston, but was thrown out in the 10th grade for marijuana.

Gordon said he sold drugs, mainly marijuana, to “feed” himself. He said he smoked marijuana every day

police found him and teammate Willie Jefferson asleep in a car parked in the drive-thru lane of a Taco Bell at 2 a.m. Officers found multiple bags of marijuana in the car, and both players were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, though the charges were dropped.

While at Baylor, Gordon said a dealer from home would send him as much as six pounds of weed per week that he would sell in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. He estimates he banked over $10,000 per month from dealing.
I see. Quite a history.