Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2018, 09:59 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
After what I saw last night. I say we just win out and let the Seahawks take care of the Chiefs as well the way Dallas just did the Saints in.

We need to be playing our best football now and the murderers row schedule we have to end the season is the perfect crucible to forge the chargers into a Superbowl champion.

Win out and see what happens in the playoffs.

We are the true road warriors because all of our games are away.
Word. If we just barely get into the playoffs... we don't stand much of a chance. If we finish strong... then this could be the year. But even very good teams lose every once and a while against other very good teams... so... by the same token, if we do not win out... the answer is that I don't really care who/where we play. If this team has the talent, drive and discipline required to win it all... then the road could go through anywhere.

At this point, the pundits and many fans are convinced we are going to lose on Sunday Night and to the Chiefs in a few weeks. Why? Because the Chargers are known as a team that can't win the big game. Is this fair? Hell yeah it is. But they have a chance to show the world that this team is different. We few Charger Fans that remain... do so in light of a move that almost everyone didn't want... and in the face of decades of limited success and no championships. The players have had to play on the road all year.... I am sure they would rather have a home field advantage... and I know the owners of the Bolts and the entire NFL for that matter want their to be more Charger Fans too... Well, the onus is not on us.... it is squarely on the players. Is that fair? Hell kinda... but that is the reality. If this Charger Team makes a dream run to the Super Bowl then that would be the seed for true fandom in So Cal. Just get er done already!

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Right now Ravens are only 1 game ahead of the 6-6 Colts and 6-6 Dolphins and 6-6 Broncos, imagine if the AFC West had 3 playoff teams.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Right now Ravens are only 1 game ahead of the 6-6 Colts and 6-6 Dolphins and 6-6 Broncos, imagine if the AFC West had 3 playoff teams.
Another reason we need to win tonight. Too close for comfort especially after the Broncos loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 12-02-2018, 03:23 PM
I be humbolt

The Texans could be another elite team in the AFC, not just a good one.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
The Texans could be another elite team in the AFC, not just a good one.
They’ve won 9 straight. Hottest team in the league.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Go Bolts

Who cares about the 6 seed at this stage.. We can still miss out altogether.
Colts losing was great and now 2-3 just about guarantees us a spot. Win tonight and I'll start thinking about all the playoff possibilities!
Old 12-03-2018, 02:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
The Ravens are not that good. If the Chargers can't get to 11-5 than they probably don't belong in the playoffs. None of these teams attempting to get the WC slots seem all that good. Denver have played well... but the Steelers and Bolts have far more talent. The Bolts should have won that game... they lost it in a very Charger fashion. But to beat the Chiefs, Patriots and Steelers at home.... you have to be very good. I for one am happy that the Chargers have a tough road to finish the season. If they come through it with enough wins to secure a slot... then they will have won some big games when it matters the most. It all starts on Sunday Night. Pitt is way better at home... but their D is not what it once was... and you can sack Ben and cause TOs. Every playoff game is in front of the nation.... front and center... We have 3 prime-time games in the last 5 to get us ready for it. We will find out if this team is different. The fact that they play all of their games essentially on the road may have toughened them up. Just go out and prove you belong. In short, if we have to scoreboard watch the rest of the season then our chances of winning on the road in the playoffs is quite unlikely.
The problem with Baltimore is that they're old fashion. Defenses are a crutch for the offense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
If the Bolts are the 5th seed, they would play in Pitt in round 1, as it stands right now.

If they are the 6th seed, they would play in Houston, as it stands now.

Which do you prefer? If the Bolts beat Pitt Sun night, it would help make scenario 1 more likely.
Unless of course they win the AFC West. In which case they'll avoid a rematch with PIT so soon.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Hall of Famer

The Steelers May be lucky to get #6. They still have the Saints and Patriots in their schedule
Old 12-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Out of all the 6-6 teams vying for the #6 spot only the Broncos have a non-losing road record at 3-3 the rest of them are only good at home and won't get a home game.

When we play a good team and win it is a close game, Titans, Steelers, etc.

I am not too confident we can win in the playoffs because it will be a close game and we could just as easily lose a close game as win a close game, injuries and FG kicking has hurt us all year, Badgley is due to miss an important one (he did last night, thankfully Pitt was offsides).
Old 12-03-2018, 10:19 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Out of all the 6-6 teams vying for the #6 spot only the Broncos have a non-losing road record at 3-3 the rest of them are only good at home and won't get a home game.

When we play a good team and win it is a close game, Titans, Steelers, etc.

I am not too confident we can win in the playoffs because it will be a close game and we could just as easily lose a close game as win a close game, injuries and FG kicking has hurt us all year, Badgley is due to miss an important one (he did last night, thankfully Pitt was offsides).
Any Charger Fan who claims they are confident that the team is going to do great in the playoffs is a homer.... but it is not normal to crush good teams. You should be heartened by the wins against Seattle and Pitt on the road. We should have beat the former quite handily if Sturgis wasn't our kicker at the time... and coming back in Pitt when behind by 16 shows that this team is explosive and doesn't quit. We have a very tough schedule to end the season and I think it puts us in a position to be ready for difficult playoff games on the road. This team has no real home field advantage... another trait that bodes nicely for them if they are indeed a WC team. You just have to get into the tournament and then you see what happens. Am I confident that the Chargers can win it all?.... No. I am a realist and there are a lot of good teams in the AFC.... but there seems to be something different with this team and for the first time in a decade plus.... I think they at least have a chance to win it all. Gotta play well and gotta have some balls bounce your way. Should be exciting.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts