Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football & Pick 'Em Pools
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Fantasy Football "Who Do I start?"

So with football season upon us that means fantasy is right around the corner. The last couple of years we've had a thread to help one another out on last minute change ups. I'll start this thread off with asking for some advice.

I have 5 really good WRs and I can only start 3. So out of the following who do I start

A.J. Green vs Baltimore
Greg Jennings vs 49ers
Antonio Brown vs Denver
Dez Bryant vs Giants
Percy Harvin vs the Jags

also Rashard Jennings went undrafted and Im hurting for a RB (thats why I have so many WRs) should I drop Kendall Hunter to pick him up? The other top rated RBs left on the board are Ryan Williams (Arizona), Shane Vareen (NE), and Ronnie Hillman (Den)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SuperBowlBolts; 09-03-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Ocean Beach

Green, Bryant, and Harvin is what I would go with.

and I would also pick up Jennings and drop hunter, even if gore were to get hurt in san fran hunter would still have to compete with brandon jacobs. At least with Jennings you have a greater opportunity for success. MJD will probably not play a full healthy season after holding out so Jennings could turn out to be a great pick up.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Green, Brown, and Jennings
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Veteran

Green, Jennings, Brown.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM

I'd definitely go with Green, Jennings and Brown.

Regarding the RB situation, I see Jennings as a solid RB for the first few weeks, but his value is inversely proportionate to MJD's increased carries - which is sure to happen as the season progresses. On the flip side, I see Hunter's value increasing as the season goes on because of Gore's age and inability to stay healthy for a full season (last year was an anomaly IMO).

Now I have a question of my own: Hakeem Nicks, Shonn Greene or Demaryius Thomas for week 1?

Nicks obviously has a higher ceiling than the other two, but his injury and missed practices concern me. Anyway, I'd appreciate your opinions on that!

Cheers
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbanecharger View Post
I'd definitely go with Green, Jennings and Brown.

Regarding the RB situation, I see Jennings as a solid RB for the first few weeks, but his value is inversely proportionate to MJD's increased carries - which is sure to happen as the season progresses. On the flip side, I see Hunter's value increasing as the season goes on because of Gore's age and inability to stay healthy for a full season (last year was an anomaly IMO).

Now I have a question of my own: Hakeem Nicks, Shonn Greene or Demaryius Thomas for week 1?

Nicks obviously has a higher ceiling than the other two, but his injury and missed practices concern me. Anyway, I'd appreciate your opinions on that!

Cheers
I disagree with some points. Don't get me wrong, Hunter is a great back, but it's all about TD's, and with Gore and the 49ers now signing Jacobs, he could see few goal line carries.

Thomas over Hicks. Any other week I'd go with Hicks, but his foot is still sore and they play Wednesday. The Broncos/Steelers game could turn into a huge shootout. The Cowboys/Giants game could turn into a huge shootout too, but that foot would worry me if I was a Hicks owner.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Hall of Famer

I'd go Green Brown and Bryant.

My issue is I have Peterson on my team but I'm not starting him.

My backups are Redman and Wells, and I'm not sure which one to start.

Wells is facing a stout defense and their offensive line is terrible. Redman is not facing as tough a defense in my estimation, but the Pitt offensive line is terrible too. Who do I start?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgency View Post
I'd go Green Brown and Bryant.

My issue is I have Peterson on my team but I'm not starting him.

My backups are Redman and Wells, and I'm not sure which one to start.

Wells is facing a stout defense and their offensive line is terrible. Redman is not facing as tough a defense in my estimation, but the Pitt offensive line is terrible too. Who do I start?
I would go with Wells, purely because I think he has more upside.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Wells, I'd avoid starting Redman at all costs. Either way he should be splitting carries with Dwyer, who looked better in the preseason.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Who do I start in the slot?

Bowe vs ATL
Torrey Smith vs Cinci
Toby Gerhart vs Jags

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.