Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Charger Wallpapers, Signatures and Avatars
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 PM
mefast

Hi. I just read this, so I'll attempt to fix any sigs I have made. Sorry for any problems.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Moderator of Insanity

For anyone having problems doing a simple conversion to another format, resizing an image, or optimizing it to reduce the size...

... there is a free and very good program available that you can use if you don't have any "advanced" software (or even if you do) that is quick, simple, and best of all legally free

The program is called "IrfanView" and can be downloaded from links on their home page.

You can reduce the colors via the "Image" menu. It works best if you check the box "use Floyd-Steinberg dithering" after selecting the "Decrease Color Depth Option".

To change the picture to a different format (I have always found the "PNG" format to be best for quality versus file size), simply select "Save As" from the "File" menu and then select the "Type" you wish to save it as. An "Options" box pops up to allow you to change the amount of compression to use. On PNG files, start with 8 (higher quality). If it's still too large, reduce the number by 1 at a time until it gets under the 20K limit.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
May the bag be with us!

Houston we have a problem:

"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period"

This is what happens when I try to save my new sig... 18,6kb in size 320x123...

NOTE: just noticed that the same message happens when I try to alter stuff like timezone....

Last edited by kramxel; 09-27-2009 at 11:28 AM..
Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Donks Suck!

I am learning to make sigs but can someone actualy optomize the one i created? I have the file and i can email it if you want. I can send it as .psd file. Just pm me your address you would like me to send it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />
Quote:
Regarding Mc Coy "He got a us a playoff win with *CENSORED* Tim Tebow as QB"
Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Here is an attempt at a sig. Can someone help me with making this into the right dimensions and size requirements?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Biggest Bolt fan across the pond

Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Hall of Famer

As you can see I decided to make the windmill pick my avi, and made my former avi into a sig. Thanks, Help is no longer needed.

Biggest Bolt fan across the pond