Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Jeremiah tells us we got the two best interior OL in this draft. Loves Mike Williams & what he can do for us.

http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...erior-ol-draft
Anytime someone of Jeremiah's credibility draws comparisons between Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson, which he did, that's noteworthy.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Slauson is on record saying McCoy was a scapegoat last year.
McCoy may have been a scapegoat, but he also made a few BAAAAADDD coaching decisions...

Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
McCoy may have been a scapegoat, but he also made a few BAAAAADDD coaching decisions...

Don't let perryao see this post.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Jeremiah tells us we got the two best interior OL in this draft. Loves Mike Williams & what he can do for us.

http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...erior-ol-draft
This is not a bad idea to go G in draft if the quality is not there at T mostly if you want to fix your OL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
This is not a bad idea to go G in draft if the quality is not there at T mostly if you want to fix your OL.
Correct. It's called taking BPA in an area of need, and NOT REACHING for a player in a bigger area of need who is not as highly graded. This is what got us into trouble when we drafted Fluker.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post

I felt like we started in neutral in the parking lot and stayed in neutral the whole time he was here (McCoy). I never felt like the plane ever got off the ground so we taxied around the runway until managent asked him to get off the plane....
Old 05-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Hall of Famer

The OL play improved the 1st year under McCoy and has gone downhill since. The W-L results improved his 1st year and have deteriorated since. We won a tough playoff game on the road his first year, haven't sniffed the playoffs since.
McCoy and most of the assistant coaching staff have been replaced.
Chargers HC Mike McCoy 2013 - 2016. Sorry I can't wish him luck with the return to his old OC job in Donkeytown but his departure was a good move for the LAC.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
The OL play improved the 1st year under McCoy and has gone downhill since. The W-L results improved his 1st year and have deteriorated since. We won a tough playoff game on the road his first year, haven't sniffed the playoffs since.
McCoy and most of the assistant coaching staff have been replaced.
Chargers HC Mike McCoy 2013 - 2016. Sorry I can't wish him luck with the return to his old OC job in Donkeytown but his departure was a good move for the LAC.
Much of what you wrote is true, but haven't sniffed the playoffs since 2013?

All the Chargers had to do in 2014 was beat a Chase Daniel quarterbacks Chiefs team in Week 17, but they failed in a simple "win and you're in" matchup.

After treading water in year 2 (a second straight 9-7 season under McCoy),the Chargers sank quickly to the bottom of the ocean floor in seasons 3 and 4.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Much of what you wrote is true, but haven't sniffed the playoffs since 2013?

All the Chargers had to do in 2014 was beat a Chase Daniel quarterbacks Chiefs team in Week 17, but they failed in a simple "win and you're in" matchup.

After treading water in year 2 (a second straight 9-7 season under McCoy),the Chargers sank quickly to the bottom of the ocean floor in seasons 3 and 4.
Teach me to be careless, huh? Good on yez!
The fact remains that the results were not acceptable over the course of McCoy's tenure as Chargers HC.
I'd further speculate that his influence on FA & the draft left room for improvement.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Teach me to be careless, huh? Good on yez!
The fact remains that the results were not acceptable over the course of McCoy's tenure as Chargers HC.
I'd further speculate that his influence on FA & the draft left room for improvement.
I was not a fan of McCoy's style and I'm glad he's gone, but better health would have given him a much better record. Many of his decisions were still not acceptable, but injuries cost the Bolts a lot of games the past two seasons. We all know the teams of '15 & '16 had way too much talent to only win 9 games. The injuries were just unreal.