Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
I think I'll take our team over yours, mess and all.
Haha. Yeah... calling the defending champs a mess is probably wishful thinking.

I think the defense is still going to be top 3-5 and it wouldn't surprise me if they're #1 again. But I do think we'll see a little regression from the elite unit that they were last year because that's just statistically normal and because of unreplaced losses.

The OL and QB issues aren't great but they're not all that different from last year. But I think there was optimism that the time invested in developing Osweiler was going to pay off in the form of a long term, quality starter. Now they have to start over with a new, raw rookie and veterans who are proven to be inadequate at this level.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
I think I'll take our team over yours, mess and all.
It is just too easy to predict your downfall.

Sanchez/Lynch.

That's enough to overcome the '85 Bears defense.

Malik/Danny will be missed more than you realize.

Year two of Wade means diminishing returns.

From Mile High to the Cellar. Soon.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Now let's take the San Diego Chargers.

It is reasonable to project Bosa/Hunter as DROY/OROY candidates.

It is also reasonable to project that PR has a year where it all comes together.

I am very bullish on our off season so far.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbertone View Post
Love the write up Kemp.

Based on pure homer-ism and number of players I think San Diego improved more, but Oakland is the better team based upon last years results.

On paper, I think Denver is a mess. The lack of Jackson, Trevathan and their O-line woes will greatly hinder their overall performance this season.

And Kansas City is cursed worse than us, so it's moot for me.
Maybe not a total mess, but there ARE a lot of big question marks for the Donks, and the biggest one is QB. Say what you want about Potatohead, but the fact is, he led them to the SB...and now he is gone, along with Ossie. Sanchez is inconsistent, and Lynch is a rookie. Two big question marks leading your offense.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Green text is the worst

It is unreasonable to project Henry as OROY, as a TE has never won that award in its history dating back to 1967.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Offenses are over rated. The Broncos don't need a stink'in offense.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

THE question Sid Gillman always asked
about a tight end prospect:
"Does he have any hands?"

Since no additional comments were made, Eye will mark you down, K17, as a "yes" for Bosa as DROY...

Old 05-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
It is unreasonable to project Henry as OROY, as a TE has never won that award in its history dating back to 1967.
If Gates goes down and Henry becomes a favorite of PR, I can see it. Elliott would likely be the favorite running behind that Dallas O line.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:50 PM
more mojo please

great write-up

If I had to make a prediction, I say the season corresponds to the offseason improvements.

I think it becomes a two team race between SD and Oakland for the afcw.

Denver wont have a consistent passing attack with either option (sanchez/Paxton). the wildcard here is if Denver somehow lands Fitzpatrick and I could see that working out with Kubes system. Still, their oline will take half a season to gel. Even WITH Von Miller, their defense wont be nearly as effective with Jackson or Trevathan. you estimate top 5 defense at worst, I say closer to outside the top 10. Still great but not enough for THIS season.

KC - I think losing Houston for 4 games is going to be bigger than people think because hes also coming off a major injury and I expect him to take a few games to get back to where he was. Hali is 50 and Ford is a question mark. their run game should still be there but less so because their oline is changing, jamal Charles will be given every opportunity to return to form which will cost them early imo. and with Alex smith, there's never really a vertical threat, so every defense in the AFCW will be trouble for that offense.

in the end, the 2 teams with the best QBs will be fighting for the division.

QB edge - SD
Coaching edge - Oakland

imo Oakland is at least a year away from a a division title.
big if but IF our oline stays relatively healthy, we will bemoving bodies in the run game, all of a sudden were a different animal offensively with essentially 2 draft classes contributing at once. I cant imagine even the biggest critic of MG honestly believing he's not at LEAST a second round talent at RB waiting to breakout behind his new/old fullback and henry hunter. Bosa, mebane and luiget instantly becomes the best Dline imo, our linebackers are solid and deep. perryman just getting started imo.

San Diego Chargers, 2016 AFC WEST division Champs at 11-5

Old 05-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Green text is the worst

This division is wide open. There is reason for optimism in SD, but I don't blame anyone who projects us to finish 4th either. The Broncos are weakened, but by how much remains to be seen. Their starting point is championship level so obviously they can slip pretty far before they're well and truly bad. KC is a tough team and well coached and they haven't really lost anything. Oakland is ascending and keeps adding talent. SD has the best QB of the bunch and a lot of young talent coming on but could also have some fatal flaws.

My opinion is that we will be competitive for the division crown if we FINALLY stay reasonably healthy. At some point, it simply has to happen.