Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiegoDuck View Post
The RB class will be very strong next spring. Fournette, Perine, Cook, Freeman....just the top few, no particular order. All very worthy first round picks. They may all go first round, and it's been awhile since that's happened.

If we were to instead take a huge LT in the first followed by another in the 2nd, I'd be fine with that. I'd be quite happy with a huge DL in the 2nd or a safety. OT has to happen soon.

Also it's time to look at QB....PR isn't moving well....isn't getting any younger. Not saying next draft, but we should keep a look out. Please fix the OL first or don't bother

Any qb's in mind that you can think of for next year's draft? None exactly come to the top of my head.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Green text is the worst

I'm intrigued by Baker Mayfield. Height could push him down and he could prove to be a good developmental QB behind Rivers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I'm intrigued by Baker Mayfield. Height could push him down and he could prove to be a good developmental QB behind Rivers.
If the investment was a 5th or 6th round pick, and the evaluation was a very high ceiling possible, then I could see it.

Otherwise I have a difficult time investing a 2nd or 3rd on a 'developmental' qb....seems like a poor use of the pick.

High pick equals replacement QB....

Late rd pick equals a WAS......

GO BOLTS !
Old 05-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
If the investment was a 5th or 6th round pick, and the evaluation was a very high ceiling possible, then I could see it.

Otherwise I have a difficult time investing a 2nd or 3rd on a 'developmental' qb....seems like a poor use of the pick.

High pick equals replacement QB....

Late rd pick equals a WAS......
When I say developmental, I mean develop into a replacement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

I totally forgot about Josh Rosen. Is he gonna be a junior this year?
Old 05-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar View Post
I totally forgot about Josh Rosen. Is he gonna be a junior this year?
He is only a sophomore and is going to be real special if he keeps working hard at his craft.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiegoDuck View Post
The RB class will be very strong next spring. Fournette, Perine, Cook, Freeman....just the top few, no particular order. All very worthy first round picks. They may all go first round, and it's been awhile since that's happened.

If we were to instead take a huge LT in the first followed by another in the 2nd, I'd be fine with that. I'd be quite happy with a huge DL in the 2nd or a safety. OT has to happen soon.

Also it's time to look at QB....PR isn't moving well....isn't getting any younger. Not saying next draft, but we should keep a look out. Please fix the OL first or don't bother
I love me some Samaje Perine.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
He is only a sophomore and is going to be real special if he keeps working hard at his craft.
This timing sounds much more like the perfect timing for a Rivers replacement than a QB from next year. 'Real Special' only makes it better.....

GO BOLTS !
Old 05-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
This timing sounds much more like the perfect timing for a Rivers replacement than a QB from next year. 'Real Special' only makes it better.....
If Rosen remains on his current trajectory, the Chargers will have to be absolutely horrible to get him. Like, picking #1 overall horrible. Either that, or they'd have to trade the farm to get up that high. Starting this next offseason, I think the Chargers would be wise to start investing picks and dollars into developmental QB's that are good enough to have a real shot at turning into something. If they do that every offseason for 2-3 years while they still have Rivers, then they'll give themselves a shot at finding a good successor without mortgaging the franchise to do so.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
If Rosen remains on his current trajectory, the Chargers will have to be absolutely horrible to get him. Like, picking #1 overall horrible. Either that, or they'd have to trade the farm to get up that high. Starting this next offseason, I think the Chargers would be wise to start investing picks and dollars into developmental QB's that are good enough to have a real shot at turning into something. If they do that every offseason for 2-3 years while they still have Rivers, then they'll give themselves a shot at finding a good successor without mortgaging the franchise to do so.

There is no sure approach to replacing your franchise QB.....and to think there were those advocating the trading of Rivers. Replacing Rivers will have a cost associated with the endeavor, it will be interesting to see what that cost ends up being.

GO BOLTS !