Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
i dont like our LB's at all actually. The best ones are just inconsistent and just show flashes of talent for years. When it's crucial time no one can tackle. They all collectively cannot stop the run at all. It's wasteland brother.
As a group both the LB core and DL were below average last year. We've addressed the DL. Depth looks weak though. We just brought in Reid which may help.

The LBs are still an issue. Attaochu has not developed into the starter we need. Ingram is inconsistent. Te'o is average at best. Perryman is still learning but an upgrade to Butler. Perry looks as slow as Te'o. Brown brings an element we have not had, but probably a lot to learn. I think this is a weak area and we didn't do enough to improve much if at all.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
As a group both the LB core and DL were below average last year. We've addressed the DL. Depth looks weak though. We just brought in Reid which may help.

The LBs are still an issue. Attaochu has not developed into the starter we need. Ingram is inconsistent. Te'o is average at best. Perryman is still learning but an upgrade to Butler. Perry looks as slow as Te'o. Brown brings an element we have not had, but probably a lot to learn. I think this is a weak area and we didn't do enough to improve much if at all.
Attaochu did have 6 sacks last year, second best on the Bolts, so that's nothing to sniff at.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Attaochu did have 6 sacks last year, second best on the Bolts, so that's nothing to sniff at.
We were horrible at pressuring the QB. That's one of the OLB's primary responsibility. Six sacks is what one would expect from a good 3/4 DL guy. As an OLB in the 3/4 Attaochu needs over 10 sacks to be effective, plus he's got to pressure the QB which is more important than the sack number. Sack number is just a reflection of pressure.

Our LB core is weak. If there is no measurable improvement from this year expect draft help and more change.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
We were horrible at pressuring the QB. That's one of the OLB's primary responsibility. Six sacks is what one would expect from a good 3/4 DL guy. As an OLB in the 3/4 Attaochu needs over 10 sacks to be effective, plus he's got to pressure the QB which is more important than the sack number. Sack number is just a reflection of pressure.

Our LB core is weak. If there is no measurable improvement from this year expect draft help and more change.
When its third down, I know which one I'd rather have.
1st 2nd and 4th down too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
When its third down, I know which one I'd rather have.
1st 2nd and 4th down too.
There is a relationship between the sack number and pressuring the QB. Sometimes you don't get the sack but cause it. Other times you don't get the sack because the other team is doubling up on you. Attaochu doesn't draw double teaming and he doesn't make guys around him better by applying pressure. He'll get a sack here and there. He's got athleticism but is still very green and learning the game.

An interception on any down because of pressure > a sack on 3rd down.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
There is a relationship between the sack number and pressuring the QB. Sometimes you don't get the sack but cause it. Other times you don't get the sack because the other team is doubling up on you. Attaochu doesn't draw double teaming and he doesn't make guys around him better by applying pressure. He'll get a sack here and there. He's got athleticism but is still very green and learning the game.

An interception on any down because of pressure > a sack on 3rd down.
A sack is better than your pressure. Thanks. I win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
A sack is better than your pressure. Thanks. I win.
I'll take pressure 51 times over a few sacks on 3rd down any day.

Consider that you may have just been destroyed.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
I'll take pressure 51 times over a few sacks on 3rd down any day.

Consider that you may have just been destroyed.
Like I'm capable of even considering that.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Hall of Famer

After watching Denver beat Cam and The Panthers, I feel real good about us going worst to first. NOT.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Denver played like they were back in Santa Clara. C.J. Anderson is a beast. Built low runs low always moving forward. The Denver defense flexed it's muscles again. They knocked Cam around but he played much better.

No injuries and ultimately they beat a motivated Panther team by a 1 point...can the Chargers keep up? Or will they wilt in the Kansas City sun? MM says his players are confident and ready. Mmm mm right. Proof is in the play. Can't wait until Sunday!

Go Bolts