Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is it time to move on from Rivers
Yes 13 32.50%
No 27 67.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Hall of Famer

It is not time to move on from Rivers, but it is time to prepare......

Trubinsky with pick 7 gets the Bolts ready.....

GO BOLTS !
Old 01-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
It is not time to move on from Rivers, but it is time to prepare......

Trubinsky with pick 7 gets the Bolts ready.....
Wouldn't be completely shocked. But disappointed. I suppose it depends on how much one thinks PR has left in the tank. I'm confident he'll play 3 more seasons. Do we want a 7 overall pick sitting around that long?

If, say, Watson or Kiser fall to the 2nd, I'd pounce. Or Mahomes or Webb in the 3rd, I'd be down.
3rd: Tarell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
4th: Nico Siragusa, OG, SDSU
5th: Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
6th: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
7th: Tim Patrick, WR, Utah
Old 02-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post
Wouldn't be completely shocked. But disappointed. I suppose it depends on how much one thinks PR has left in the tank. I'm confident he'll play 3 more seasons. Do we want a 7 overall pick sitting around that long?

If, say, Watson or Kiser fall to the 2nd, I'd pounce. Or Mahomes or Webb in the 3rd, I'd be down.
i agree with your 3 year assessment, i would load up on impact players in the next 2 drafts and then start thinking QB as a priority. make the run while u can, it might be a while before we have someone as good as PR.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Hall of Famer

I think it is time to trade Rivers to a team that has a shot at Playoffs. Because Im to tired of watching a train wreck of FO and Owner mess up HOF Players Careers.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Charger View Post

I would not be supersized if Rivers hang it up if we do not make PO. But I would do everything to keep him here for 3 more years. But Brady did make it look easy to win another SB.

It crazy to see NE shutdown the #1 offense in second half. Reminds me of Shotty and LT losing to NE. Oh yah, our K blew that one.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Lets think outside the box here for one sec. While the stakes are high for Romo and him being rumored to go to Jags, Denver, Texans...heck the Jets need a QB too. Why not trade Rivers. Someone is going to lose out big in not getting Romo and have a huge need. We sit at 7 and seemingly the 49ers and Bears have filled their QB holes in front of us. Why not sell him while we can get the most for him? Maybe get a 1st this year(and next?) Grab Watson or Trib or go Darnold/Allen next year. Not only does that open a ton of cap, but we get two firsts this year and fill a looming QB need AND still get another first rounder to go OL or safety.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Lets think outside the box here for one sec. While the stakes are high for Romo and him being rumored to go to Jags, Denver, Texans...heck the Jets need a QB too. Why not trade Rivers. Someone is going to lose out big in not getting Romo and have a huge need. We sit at 7 and seemingly the 49ers and Bears have filled their QB holes in front of us. Why not sell him while we can get the most for him? Maybe get a 1st this year(and next?) Grab Watson or Trib or go Darnold/Allen next year. Not only does that open a ton of cap, but we get two firsts this year and fill a looming QB need AND still get another first rounder to go OL or safety.
I am all for it....trade Rivers to the Texans for two first round picks, 2017 2018, and take Trubisky.......it is a great plan ! What could go wrong ?

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I am all for it....trade Rivers to the Texans for two first round picks, 2017 2018, and take Trubisky.......it is a great plan ! What could go wrong ?
What could go wrong??? That question should never be answered
Old 03-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
I would not be supersized if Rivers hang it up if we do not make PO. But I would do everything to keep him here for 3 more years. But Brady did make it look easy to win another SB.

It crazy to see NE shutdown the #1 offense in second half. Reminds me of Shotty and LT losing to NE. Oh yah, our K blew that one.
Wasnt that the McCree game?

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma