Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Pac, this is the type of negative, defeatist attitude that characterizes losing teams. Instead of poking fun at our ideas for improving the Bolts, how about:

1. What QB can we get in rounds 4-7 that can, with proper training, give us our best chance to win after Rivers retires? Or even who may get PT even before Rivers retires? And before you laugh--just look at what Prescott has done subbing for Romo.

2. What coach can we get that will motivate our players, call plays that utilize the strengths of our players, send in the play on time, and manage games better than MM?

3. What SC coach can do a better job of helping our players to reduce the possiblilty of getting hurt?

4. What O-linemen can we get between rounds 2-4 that can, in time turn into solid starters? Who knows? Maybe one or two of them may start in year one, due to injury to a starter or poor starter play. Look how well Jatavis Brown did playing for Teo, and he's a 5th rounder. Never say never.

So, you're asking the wrong questions in a weak attempt at humor. Start asking the right questions instead of turning the argument into a false dichotomy.
Bull. And more bull. Your "look at Dak" is proof of your folly. No crap we can find a gem. Name him. I challenged you, you deferred. It's not a false dichotomy either, in fact it has nothing to do with that. Try latin, most people are too lazy to look it up.

Because GM's don't get the David Johnson/Tom Brady/Dak Prescott Navarro Bowman luxury. They don't get to wait and see, then pick.

So don't give me ten names and when one hits claim omniscience.

Give me one name, and a round. If he's not there, who's next. YOU draft. Then, when you miss, you're fired and your future opinions are moot. You're done. Once you miss, you're castigated as worthless.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

And shame on you for acting like joking is less productive than whatever it is we're all doing here.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:01 AM

And the fact you still think MM "sends in the plays" just verifies my evaluation of you.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
And the fact you still think MM "sends in the plays" just verifies my evaluation of you.
Wow. The Iron Fist has fallen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Wow. The Iron Fist has fallen.
Finals week, too much coffee...and let's face it...

The Iron Fist must be swung.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Give me one name, and a round. If he's not there, who's next. YOU draft. Then, when you miss, you're fired and your future opinions are moot. You're done. Once you miss, you're castigated as worthless.
Okay, I'll go with Mike Williams, WR, Clemson, round 1. As much as we need an OT, I think we can get better value in rounds 2-5 at tackle (see my mock). Williams gives us a deep threat, he's tall, and Rivers seems to have good chemistry with taller wideouts. Also, Williams would give us very good, quality depth at WR in case of injury. Okay, Pac, there's your name. You're up.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Okay, I'll go with Mike Williams, WR, Clemson, round 1. As much as we need an OT, I think we can get better value in rounds 2-5 at tackle (see my mock). Williams gives us a deep threat, he's tall, and Rivers seems to have good chemistry with taller wideouts. Also, Williams would give us very good, quality depth at WR in case of injury. Okay, Pac, there's your name. You're up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae1NERIpaAE
The OT's in your mock will not be available in the rounds you have them mocked at......

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The OT's in your mock will not be available in the rounds you have them mocked at......
You could be right, Frozen, but as we get closer to draft day, I'll update. Ramczyk is projected anywhere from the end of round 1 to mid round 2, and McClinchey rounds 2-3, so not a stretch, but we'll see. Who would figure Keenan Allen would fall all the way out of round 1 to 3, even considering his injury? Who would figure Lael Collins would fall like a rock? Strange things have happened on draft day.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:39 AM
LAme

Quote:
You could be right, Frozen, but as we get closer to draft day, I'll update. Ramczyk is projected anywhere from the end of round 1 to mid round 2, and McClinchey rounds 2-3, so not a stretch, but we'll see. Who would figure Keenan Allen would fall all the way out of round 1 to 3, even considering his injury? Who would figure Lael Collins would fall like a rock? Strange things have happened on draft day.
I think we're going to see Ramczyk shoot up draft boards. I've currently mocked him in the 1st in a trade down scenario, but I have a feeling that at the end of the day we may be talking about him at ~10 or wherever we're picking... if he's even around at that point.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 12-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yes, you are correct in pointing out that strange things happen. I am sensing this draft will be where teams are going o-line early and often, and by that I mean o-line players will go much earlier than what the pundits have them projected at. (the projections should evolve as the draft pundits talk with team sources I would guess) Ramczyk goes between 10-20, and McClinchey will be gone within five picks in the 2nd if he falls out of the 1st, which I kinda doubt.

GO BOLTS !