Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Okay, folks, lets be honest. How many of you responded without actually reading the original post?
3rd: Tarell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
4th: Nico Siragusa, OG, SDSU
5th: Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
6th: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
7th: Tim Patrick, WR, Utah
Old 12-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Hall of Famer

With Sexy Rexy out, Buffalo trading up for a QB becomes a bit more plausible. Once again, one of the big 3 would have to fall, the urgency being to jump ahead of AZ and, possibly, CLE. But, as it stands now, both CAR and CIN would have to be unwilling to swap places with them. So, yeah, still not likely.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:04 AM
more mojo please

Given the lack of top tier OTs and the "nfl oline crisis" I can see a situation where someone would want to trade up to 7 for a robinson or ND kid.
I'm open to all trade down scenarios so long as we stay in the mix for an impact player at a POS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Veteran

IMO this year's draft hinges on if Patrick Mahomes declare for the draft. He is going to show very well in the combine and he will be drafted high and rightfully so.

I might be putting this on the wrong post but because how good his natural ability is he is going to put on a show in the combine. Watch him roll out and you can tell he is going to rank respectably in cone drills and 40 times, and his footwork is going to dazzle. He has this ability to throw the ball effortlessly with his upper body.

This play in 2:40 is going to make him millions. He is rolling to the left and sling that spot on 40+ yard with his body turning away and he is going to show that arm in the combine.

There are people who knock his value because he play in the tech system, he seemed like he plateau later into the season but i argue that's beacuse of the offense but not his ability. Well that can be argue both way, is the play book limiting his potential or has he already plateau?

Let's say if buffalo after drafting some young guns in ej manuel and cardale jones after signing tyrod taylor wants to take a crack at him or any of the presumably top QB, they have to leap Chi, CLE, NY and SF, but I highly doubt they would. Especially all their QB have poor trade values right now and getting stuck with 3 young developmental QB is a disaster. And I do feel if there is/are QB(Kizer) pick before CHI, there is a chance Mahomes doesn't fall pass them.

PS: I think Pat Mahomes got bigger hands than Trubisky, grip well in snow.....

Also, after stock piling picks CLE has the chips to trade back in if they see fit.

Teams rarely trade to the top for a defensive player unless they are view as those once in a life time talents. So IMO if there is any movement, it has to be with the interest level of the QB's. I believe Pat Mahomes has a good chance of declaring because he isn't going do much more in Texas Tech and next year who knows if the QB interest would be lower because of the trajectory.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 12-28-2016 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Let Me Be Your Guide

I studied a little bit on Mahomes and his footwork is TERRIBLE
Old 12-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItOnTheDL View Post
I studied a little bit on Mahomes and his footwork is TERRIBLE
Yeah they are to look at right now, he doesn't bounce much and he tends to stand pretty straight with his feet very close to each other when he checks down. Doesn't set himself up properly before he throws sometimes, I get it. But look at those feet, they don't stop moving, he never does stops moving in general. He is backing up, rolling out, side way, back ward, in every which direction, still he gets off his passes.

His throwing motion is the key here allowing him to adjust much quicker as he doesn't rely on a perfect posture or release to deliver the ball, so as soon as he start bouncing his feet, he is going to look a lot like the part. It is easier to correct how to move your feet when they want to move versus if they don't want to move at all like byron leftwich. Because after you get them to move the feet, then you have to get them to incorporate that into their throwing motion, that's tough.

I have no doubt if the pat Mahomet team let him declare this year, they would work with those tangiblets primarily and Carson Wentz is a good example. He isn't going to look like kizer right now but his feet can look a lot better in a short amount of time.

I was very hard on Wentz of his telegraphing but his footwork I wasn't too hard on because his feet moves, he just wasn't coached properly in NDSU or demanded of him. Patrick Mahomes to me was in the same predicament.

I do agree saying his footwork dazzles at this point is not the right word haha maybe i should use athletic instead. But as far as the cone drill and 40 times, I stick to my gun. He is athletic.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 12-28-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'monchargers View Post
Yeah they are to look at right now, he doesn't bounce much and he tends to stand pretty straight with his feet very close to each other when he checks down. Doesn't set himself up properly before he throws sometimes, I get it. But look at those feet, they don't stop moving, he never does stops moving in general. He is backing up, rolling out, side way, back ward, in every which direction, still he gets off his passes.

His throwing motion is the key here allowing him to adjust much quicker as he doesn't rely on a perfect posture or release to deliver the ball, so as soon as he start bouncing his feet, he is going to look a lot like the part. It is easier to correct how to move your feet when they want to move versus if they don't want to move at all like byron leftwich. Because after you get them to move the feet, then you have to get them to incorporate that into their throwing motion, that's tough.

I have no doubt if the pat Mahomet team let him declare this year, they would work with those tangiblets primarily and Carson Wentz is a good example. He isn't going to look like kizer right now but his feet can look a lot better in a short amount of time.

I was very hard on Wentz of his telegraphing but his footwork I wasn't too hard on because his feet moves, he just wasn't coached properly in NDSU or demanded of him. Patrick Mahomes to me was in the same predicament.

I do agree saying his footwork dazzles at this point is not the right word haha maybe i should use athletic instead. But as far as the cone drill and 40 times, I stick to my gun. He is athletic.
I'm with you on Mahomes. I don't think he's a "clean" enough prospect to get into the top of round 1. And since he's a couple year project, it'll be a team with a vet he can sit behind. Steelers, Giants, Pats at the bottom of the 1st? Possible, if he totally nails his workouts. I think he's more than likely a 2nd rounder (Saints, Ravens?). Bummer, I really like him, but I don't want a QB before the 3rd.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Veteran

QUOTE=909 Charger;4717417I get it, though. My ideal situation would be to trade down to 18-25 with this cluster in mind: Ramcyk, Robinson, McKinley, Lawson, Feeney. But it's not gonna happen.

So, to all you "trade downers", are there any other possibilities?[/QUOTE]

If this were to happen, I'd want Telesco fired. No one with Top 7 pick is dropping that far, even if the deal is a sweet one. The only exception would be if Buffalo gave us next years 1st and Marcel Darius. Outside of that it would be absurd and completely take us away from Blue Chip Talent. I like Ramcyk but not enough to miss out of Humphrey, Tabor, Peppers, Adams, McDowell, Allen.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Hall of Famer

The beauty of the NFL draft is that late December's perceptions do not equate with the reality of April / May. A year ago, Tunsil, Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith were all top 10 picks...all saw their draft stock plummet tremendously.

As for trade down partners, it'll obviously depend on free agency signings and final draft positions. One plausible scenario could be the Browns who have the Eagles 1st rounder. Right now that is the #10. The Browns have two 2nd rounders and one 3rd rounder that could be used as trade bait. If the Browns take Myles Garrett (the consensus best player in the draft) at #1, they could try to land a franchise QB with their other first rounder.

In summary, a trade down could be:
SD gets #10 and #48
CLE gets #7
Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post

In summary, a trade down could be:
SD gets #10 and #48
CLE gets #7
Exactly why we must lose this Sunday. Winning could cost us a second round pick. We could get #10, but no #48. I want that #48.

Round 1 - 7: Who cares