Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerJoe View Post
It took a few days, but 1090 has lost me as a loyal listener. It's very sad but after doing nothing but talking about them for what seems like forever, they now see their own writing on the wall. They cant deal with what the future will bring them, which is that their job is basically over. I switched to 570 radio today and listened to roggin and the festivities. It's nice to then listen to the interviews and hosts with positive attitudes vs. venue.

Chargers did the right thing for their team and the city of San Diego did what they also had to do. There was real only a small group of core loyal fans, certainly not large enough to keep them. The vote results were really telling, so was attendance and ticket resale. I always said that chargers in San Diego were a small market team that will never have the funds to launch the financial assault required to be a real contender. Perhaps now the road is paved?

I hope time will heal and the old fans eventually come back to the fold. In the mean time, I look forward to a small venue, and a kick-ass team in 2017! A Charger fan, no matter where they are at.
Right. And see how LA is the biggest of bandwagon city. If the Chargers play well, and so does the Rams, the following will be more on the Rams. Once the Chargers start losing the fans will not be around.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
Once the Chargers start losing the fans will not be around.
Sounds strangely familiar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Sounds strangely familiar.
You think there will be more loyal fans that will stick with the team in LA more than in SD when things are down like Charger Joe is saying?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
You think there will be more loyal fans that will stick with the team in LA more than in SD when things are down like Charger Joe is saying?
Have no idea, really. They'll have a lot of the same issues. Fans showing up when they win. Lots of out of town fans at games.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Have no idea, really. They'll have a lot of the same issues. Fans showing up when they win. Lots of out of town fans at games.
Well maybe in SD when the team plays bad, say 10% of true loyal fans stay with them. Perhaps in LA with same bad play scenario, that same percentage would be from a larger population pool. So I think it will yield more fans.
I think they have great talent and will play better. I am always a fan win or lose.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:19 PM
THE END IS NEAR :(

agree with the posters about 1090..hard to listen to them these last couple of days with all the bickering, whinning and complaining...though I still will listen to 1090 because I do kinda enjoy their suffering...

Quote:
Alex Padilla ‏@alexpadilla86
If LT makes the @ProFootballHOF he is already planning "a big party for all of San Diego"
LT should rent out the Q and have a celebration there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerJoe View Post
It took a few days, but 1090 has lost me as a loyal listener. It's very sad but after doing nothing but talking about them for what seems like forever, they now see their own writing on the wall. They cant deal with what the future will bring them, which is that their job is basically over. I switched to 570 radio today and listened to roggin and the festivities. It's nice to then listen to the interviews and hosts with positive attitudes vs. venue.
speaking of 570, heard yesterday nick hardwick wasn't going to make the move to la and will not continue his radio gig has the chargers radio announcer...just wonder who they gonna replace him with..

Old 01-21-2017, 01:29 PM
I had 6k post poof gone

Default Rivers and Lynn interviews on 640 kfi

I did a quick search and didn't see these posted. I couldn't decide on where to post either.And i didnt ant to start a new thread so.....

More of a news talk station with some sports

http://kfiam640.iheart.com/onair/gar...lynn-15480474/

http://kfiam640.iheart.com/articles/...ving-15481138/
Old 01-22-2017, 03:00 PM
PADS 2021 WS. I CALLED IT

In SD 1090 and 1360 pretty much exclusively talk Chargers. Are there any LA stations that give the Chargers considerable air time? ..If so do the stations come in down here?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Rookie

570 AM seems to be the only station that talks sports and has a good attitude about the LA teams. I guess they are true "homers", But it does not talk Chargers like 690. They talk about all LA sports/teams. I suppose a radio channel will be designated as the "official" Charger channel soon. I too am looking for. 690 replacement.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Sports Stations in LA:

570; 710; 830.

Games sometimes are found on 1070; 1090; 1150.