Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Veteran

i hate the move, but the smaller stadium is going to be pretty cool i think. a small stadium that is full will look a lot better than a half-full stadium. also, it looks like they have a roof over the upper deck - at least on the half that i saw in a pic. once you get past the initial reaction to laugh at the seating capacity, it is actually a nice place for a 2 year stay.

one other thing i am wondering about - I guess the chargers have 30,000 or less seats sold to season tix holders? otherwise they would be automatically eliminating some people.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 PM
We're there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
i hate the move, but the smaller stadium is going to be pretty cool i think. a small stadium that is full will look a lot better than a half-full stadium. also, it looks like they have a roof over the upper deck - at least on the half that i saw in a pic. once you get past the initial reaction to laugh at the seating capacity, it is actually a nice place for a 2 year stay.

one other thing i am wondering about - I guess the chargers have 30,000 or less seats sold to season tix holders? otherwise they would be automatically eliminating some people.
As I understand it, season ticket holders will be notified in February about retaining their seats based on seniority. After those tickets are renewed , or canceled by people who live in SD and are angry, then they will go to the new people who put $100 deposits. They may end up turning people away, but they don't even know if they will have to or not yet.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
I guess the chargers have 30,000 or less seats sold to season tix holders? otherwise they would be automatically eliminating some people.
I'm wondering the same thing. Being in Ventura County, I obviously wasn't a season ticket holder at the Q. Now that I will be a season ticket holder at Stub Hub, I think it would be proper for the Chargers to give first rights to previous season ticket holders at the Q. They should get first choice of seats. If they are willing to remain loyal, reward them.

I'm looking forward to seeing games in this small stadium.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
As I understand it, season ticket holders will be notified in February about retaining their seats based on seniority. After those tickets are renewed , or canceled by people who live in SD and are angry, then they will go to the new people who put $100 deposits. They may end up turning people away, but they don't even know if they will have to or not yet.
That's good to hear!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:

The Chargers sold over 55k season tix in 2015. The longest tenured ticket holders will get first priority and on down the list. It's a huge long shot that half of the season ticket holders will renew. Of the 20 or so season ticket holders that I spoke to in my section, only 2 were set on renewing and they happened to be from OC. I don't think anyone will get eliminated.

Last edited by Padres15; 01-19-2017 at 03:33 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm seeing it!!! LA is getting excited about the Chargers, gear is getting scooped up... There's an excitement about playing in this venue.... I think people are already bailing on the rams for the Chargers.. This could really work out!!! It's like a dream.... Can't wait to see the games in this venue!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Veteran

These season ticket holders in S.D. are not going to drive from San Diego to L.A. they are going to buy season tix for StubHub anyways and then turn around and sell them for a profit on StubHub!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrman View Post
Thanks Tom
I do like the logo but there are too many horse teams, Colts, Denver Donkeys. Let's lose the horse. I'd like to see more a blueish/purple/white lightning bolt like when there is real lightening in the sky.

tried to upload image here but it wants the url, hey mod, wouldn't it be easier if we could just upload from our pics? or can you post one?

Last edited by ChargingBolts; 01-19-2017 at 10:51 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 11:52 PM

Not a great area, but a nice small venue (I attending several CONCACAF matched there). Simply because of size, the seating will be unmatched. I suspect most tickets will be bought up by visiting teams and ticket agencies. Price per seat will likely skyrocket. I had hoped to attend a game or two this fall but not even the Chargers can draw me into LA. I loathe the place. It's a real dump.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
The Chargers sold over 55k season tix in 2015. The longest tenured ticket holders will get first priority and on down the list. It's a huge long shot that half of the season ticket holders will renew. Of the 20 or so season ticket holders that I spoke to in my section, only 2 were set on renewing and they happened to be from OC. I don't think anyone will get eliminated.
How many did they sell in 2016?