Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2017, 01:07 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
They're going back to the AFC vs NFC format, and there will be a skills competition this year as well.

Might be a tiny bit more entertaining. Might be.
I care so little about the pro bowl I wish it was ONLY skills competition.

would hate for rivers to get hurt at a probowl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
They're going back to the AFC vs NFC format, and there will be a skills competition this year as well.

The skills competition is what always got me to watch. At least when they would run the 40 or the 100 yard dashes/the bench press competition was always fun to watch. Wonder if those are making a return

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Veteran

PR is a class act, big time. would love to see him win the SB.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
The skills competition is what always got me to watch. At least when they would run the 40 or the 100 yard dashes/the bench press competition was always fun to watch. Wonder if those are making a return
they should morph the game itself into some type of "group" skills contest. it would be better than a fake game.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Offended

Legit pumped for the Skills Competition
Old 01-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
they should morph the game itself into some type of "group" skills contest. it would be better than a fake game.
Does anybody remember "The Superstars"? It used to be on ABC where they would have the Super Bowl Champions vs the Winner of the World Series in all different types of athletic contests.
PR is all class. he is a heck if a father and understands how San Diego is feeling and wants to give the San Diego Chargers fans one last reason to cheer.
For everyone saying the game is a joke and whatever, everybody knows they are there for fun. The team captains and the veterans tell the other players nobody gets hurt. they are there for fun and nobody take shots at the other players in a meaningless game.
I wish they would still have it in Hawaii.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

between Rivers and Eli Interception challenge.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
between Rivers and Eli Interception challenge.
In the Pro Bowl, is PR going to be passing to a group of undrafted WRs and playing behind a deficient oline like he did for the vast majority of the 2016 season?

I'm pretty sure those weren't issues for Eli in 2016.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default I was wondering about Siemian being offered a spot before 2nd alternate Rivers ...

With all three selected AFC Pro Bowl QBs unavailable (St. Thomas playing a week later while Carr and Big Ben are both injured), I thought that it was strange that it was reported that Orlando-native Siemian was offered a Pro Bowl slot before PR accepted his invitation.

Turns out that PR had initially turned down the invite due to the Father-Daughter dance commitment, and only accepted after the NFL made arrangements for him to fly back to SD for the Friday dance.

Quote:
Rivers initially declined, but as AFC quarterbacks got scarce, he reconsidered. It didn’t hurt that the NFL arranged for him to fly in on Wednesday, return home to take four of his girls to a father-daughter dance Friday and then come back to Orlando Saturday to play in Sunday’s all-star game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-at-pro-bowl/

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
With all three selected AFC Pro Bowl QBs unavailable (St. Thomas playing a week later while Carr and Big Ben are both injured), I thought that it was strange that it was reported that Orlando-native Siemian was offered a Pro Bowl slot before PR accepted his invitation.

Turns out that PR had initially turned down the invite due to the Father-Daughter dance commitment, and only accepted after the NFL made arrangements for him to fly back to SD for the Friday dance.
You like Rivers, you do not like Rivers. You like his stats for the year, you hate the late iNT's. Blah blah. I will say this. Like it or not, Rivers worked his butt off this year.