Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 AM
In Telesco I trust

Default Anyone here excited for the new season to start?

Because I sure am. Lets get this out of the way. Yes the Chargers moved to LA. Its over with so get over it of go away already.
I am a young Charger fan in the LA area that works as a doorman in a huge Los Angeles hotel. I get to meet famous people all the time but i never really got too excited. Ive met Orlando pace, a bunch of Dodger players, actors, even Ron Jeremy. So where am I going with this?
Well today I happened to meet Jason Verrett, and it happened to be the first time I ever been star struck. I even got to talk to him for a minute and got to take a picture with him. Rivers and Gordon have reservations to check-in tomorrow as well so I will definitely be on the lookout.
Sorry about the rant. I just thought it was a cool story to share. Anyone else in the los angeles area run into any Charger players yet?
Old 02-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Forever San Diego

Glad you're excited, the Chargers will need people like you to be successful. I actually ran into PR in Panama City Florida one time... Weirdest most random place to run into a guy like that.

oh and...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 AM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Glad you're excited, the Chargers will need people like you to be successful. I actually ran into PR in Panama City Florida one time... Weirdest most random place to run into a guy like that.

oh and...
That's cool to run into someone completely unexpected!!
I feel like people in LA don't completely hate the Chargers here so there is hope for fans. The Grammy are tomorrow and i feel like they might do something to welcome the chargers here while would explain the players here in LA. Im sure if we start winning fast alowof people will support the team.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Chapin, I'm just across the LA/OC county border from you in addition to being a CSULB grad and rugby team alum.

Just speaking for myself:

Any excitement that I feel towards the move that brings the Chargers' gameday site within 15 miles of where I live is offset by the pain that I know that many longtime San Diegan fans are feeling at their loss.

Having said that and in speaking from a personal perspective, I am excited to finally be able to attend Chargers games on a regular basis. That is something that I couldn't do in the past due to the full-day commitment to an NFL game as opposed to a 20ish minute drive up the 405 over the next couple of years. Watching games at Stub Hub over the next couple of years can be an awesome experience if <<drum roll>> they win!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:21 AM
OOPs....

oh hail no

Old 02-12-2017, 02:22 AM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Chapin, I'm just across the LA/OC county border from you in addition to being a CSULB grad and rugby team alum.

Just speaking for myself:

Any excitement that I feel towards the move that brings the Chargers' gameday site within 15 miles of where I live is offset by the pain that I know that many longtime San Diegan fans are feeling at their loss.

Having said that and in speaking from a personal perspective, I am excited to finally be able to attend Chargers games on a regular basis. That is something that I couldn't do in the past due to the full-day commitment to an NFL game as opposed to a 20ish minute drive up the 405 over the next couple of years. Watching games at Stub Hub over the next couple of years can be an awesome experience if <<drum roll>> they win!!
I am in the 562 area but work in LA. And I feel you with the whole SD thing. I would of much rather have kept them in SD but sure won't reject them here closer to me in LA.
As for the whole stadium thing i sure am excited to see them in Stub Hub center. I have been there before to watch the LA Galaxy play and while the stadium is small, it sure has an amazing view.
Funny thing is that while at work earlier in the year a guest actually gave me a ticket to the Chargers vs Titans game because he was too hungover to go. If they were in LA last year, i would of left work to watch the game!!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Rookie

I am excited for the new chargers,To me they have always been just the chargers,going togames(season tickets)in the 70's with my father,working at the games selling cokes in the 80's, and then living all over the country not in diego but rarely ever missing a game for the last 30 years,,,to me they are and always will be DE CHARGERS
Old 02-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

I'm just exited that they didn't move out of the state and change their name and colors. If they did that it would be over for me...
Old 02-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Super bummed! Used to love going to 3 or 4 training camp days and watching them up close. Guess that part of my life is over. I doubt if I spend my whole day driving up and back through LA traffic to see a live game either. Used to be able to hop on the trolley and be at The Murph in 20 minutes. Other games, me and all my old HS friends would meet in the parking lot, tailgate, catch up, and go to the game together. Super bummed!
Old 02-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Because I sure am. Lets get this out of the way. Yes the Chargers moved to LA. Its over with so get over it of go away already. I am a young Charger fan...
Your post is fine without the bolded and most here have been pretty darn good considering what they lost. Additionally it is purposeless and inflammatory, which is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Who are you speaking to specifically anyway? I ask because, you certainly don't have the frame of reference, being young and a resident of LA, to tell someone who has been a San Diego Charger fan for longer than you've been alive (or any fan really) to "get over it".

Nor do you have the right to tell anyone to "go away already". If you don't like what someone posts you can put that poster on ignore. But, as long as what someone posts is within the rules of the board, they can post what they want.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln