Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Build a new stadium in San Diego, privately funded? Awesome, get it started. But keep the Raiders out of SD, and lure the Chargers back some years down the road, or land an expansion team.
Supposedly, he's only interested in the Raiders moving to San Diego. I'm willing to bet the whole thing hinges on him becoming another part owner of the franchise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

To be clear, this isn't solely about the Raiders.

Quote:
The correspondence from Manchester, dated Feb. 8, said the group is “open to working with the Chargers, the Raiders, other NFL owners or a new ownership group.”
Old 02-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
To be clear, this isn't solely about the Raiders.
I read that too. But if he was so seriously interested and invested in getting a new stadium built in San Diego, why didn't he come forward with a solid proposal over these past years.

And now that the Chargers have made the move to LA metro public, and are pursuing this season at Stub Hub, isn't it too late for them, at least for some years now, to come back? Unless a guaranteed private funding stadium plan is ready very soon, and they can decide not to actually make the move. I don't know if that is even possible at this stage.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Too Many Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
I read that too. But if he was so seriously interested and invested in getting a new stadium built in San Diego, why didn't he come forward with a solid proposal over these past years.

And now that the Chargers have made the move to LA metro public, and are pursuing this season at Stub Hub, isn't it too late for them, at least for some years now, to come back? Unless a guaranteed private funding stadium plan is ready very soon, and they can decide not to actually make the move. I don't know if that is even possible at this stage.
It's not like Dean is throwing a whole bunch of risk or personal money into this move. He has no personal/monetary stake in the stadium and is probably only on the hook with his new practice facility as his only "real" investment. (And that's not assuming he's paying for that with his personal wealth either).
Current University of Utah student.
Currently: Salt Lake City.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:13 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Why would River's prayers be answered?

He's building it for the Raiders.
I was actually thinking we should stick it to a Rivers, by trading him to the Raiders for Carr, Mack and the lease at Kronkeworld.

Then we can host 2 playoff games a year in this brand new SD stadium...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-15-2017, 03:24 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Supposedly, he's only interested in the Raiders moving to San Diego. I'm willing to bet the whole thing hinges on him becoming another part owner of the franchise.
Meh, what would he want that for ? The real money potential is in renting out NFL stadiums. In fact, he better move quickly, or someone else is likely to swoop in and steal his thunder.

Besides, Papa Doug will be 75 years old in a few months. If he includes a nursing home unit within the new stadium, he can live there and watch the team live right from his windowside bed. How many people can say they've had that opportunity ?

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-15-2017, 06:21 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Sounded like they were only going to fill in the part of the financing that the city/county was going to put up. $300MM right? Which means the NFL owner, /NFL cover the rest.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Veteran

this will be like oakland now, some new guy every month coming up with a stadium plan.

cold beer anyone?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Experienced

He may have a personal reason to not want to deal with the Spanos family and is interested in whoever the NFL sends his way. This might also eliminate the ability of the local politicians from screwing it up. Who knows.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
He may have a personal reason to not want to deal with the Spanos family and is interested in whoever the NFL sends his way. This might also eliminate the ability of the local politicians from screwing it up. Who knows.
/agreed

Wonder why the SD moving per Dean thread was locked?? Is this the new stadium issue thread on the down low???