Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:58 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 72,057
Default CT's Sometimes Annual Draft Contest #2

This is my second contest, and a first time for this one.

2017 NFL Draft Contest

In this contest, you must guess each teams first round pick for the 2017 draft.

Overall picks, 1 - 32, with each correct pick being worth 1 point.

Combined total score of 32 points possible.

If you believe a team will draft up or down at their spot, name the player they will take with their new pick.

Tie Breaker: Correctly guess Tampa Bay's 5th round pick. This pick only counts in the event of a tie score.

The Winner

The winner will be the person who comes closest to guessing all 32 first round picks.

The winner will receive a Chargers hat and T-Shirt, as well as being named the 2017 NFL Draft King.

If you change your picks, please edit your original post.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Boltup90's Avatar
Boltup90 Boltup90 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valrico
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
This is my second contest, and a first time for this one.

2017 NFL Draft Contest

In this contest, you must guess each teams first round pick for the 2017 draft.

Overall picks, 1 - 32, with each correct pick being worth 1 point.

Combined total score of 32 points possible.

If you believe a team will draft up or down at their spot, name the player they will take with their new pick.

Tie Breaker: Correctly guess Tampa Bay's 5th round pick. This pick only counts in the event of a tie score.

The Winner

The winner will be the person who comes closest to guessing all 32 first round picks.

The winner will receive a Chargers hat and T-Shirt, as well as being named the 2017 NFL Draft King.

If you change your picks, please edit your original post.
So essentially, we're just mocking the first 32 players off the board in order, what team they go to is irrelevant, correct?
__________________
2017 Official Bolts Mock:

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
  #3  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 PM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
So essentially, we're just mocking the first 32 players off the board in order, what team they go to is irrelevant, correct?
That is not how it reads to me.... it looks like you need to state not just the players selected... but the team that selected him.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,273
Default

Good thing there's a tie breaker...
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
5.17.17
  #5  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 72,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
So essentially, we're just mocking the first 32 players off the board in order, what team they go to is irrelevant, correct?
Team and player, in order.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #6  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Boltup90's Avatar
Boltup90 Boltup90 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valrico
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Team and player, in order.
So if I mock the Browns to take Myles Garrett number one overall and they trade down with the Cowboys who take Garrett That means it's wrong? Since the Browns didnt take him?
__________________
2017 Official Bolts Mock:

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
  #7  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 72,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
That means it's wrong? Since the Browns didnt take him?
Yes. Team and player taken.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #8  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Yes. Team and player taken.
So team, player and you said "in order"
So if I just listed 1-32 and had the Chargers getting hooker,
Then it turns out the Chargers were able to trade down to 12 AND STILL
Get hooker, that would be wrong?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #9  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:12 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 72,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
Then it turns out the Chargers were able to trade down to 12 AND STILL
Get hooker, that would be wrong?
Yes.

How about this ...

If you think a team is going to trade their pick, then you just list the team and "trade up" or "trade down" and no pick at their spot.

That could count as a correct guess for that teams pick.

Bueno?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #10  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Yes.

How about this ...

If you think a team is going to trade their pick, then you just list the team and "trade up" or "trade down" and no pick at their spot.

That could count as a correct guess for that teams pick.

Bueno?
Si senior
Gracias
Me gusta los chargers
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.