Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Here's an article from Bolts from the Blue on the state of fandom after relocation. I understand sign boys reasons but it won't bring the Bolts back.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017...inty-san-diego
Old 05-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Booing the Spanos family if / when they are announced at a game is fine. Nothing wrong with that if that is where it ends.

Screaming and yelling at them throughout the game, or hoisting signs throughout the game that blocks the view of the game is being an annoying jerk.

Judging by his behavior at the fan event, I have a feeling that Sign Guy isn't going to take the high road and limit his gameday protesting to booing and jeering ownership to only when the Spanos family is the very rare focus of attention on game day.
This is about a guy that wants to rent out billboard space. Nothing more, nothing less. If you listened to the 1090 link, you would understand that it was his opportunity to call out Deano... to his face... not through a letter. It's done. You also would understand that he had many positive interactions with other Chargers fans that day... that he has respect for knowledgeable Chargers fans and that almost every fan he encountered that day had respect for him and his cause.

Time to move on and get over your fear and delicate sensibilities. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy your game. I doubt if they even allow fans to bring signs into the game. If they do, I'm sure they will monitor what is on the signs. I'm sure a thorough sanitizing will occur (knowing the NFL and their sensitivity to criticism).

I'm sure you will receive 3 times the experience for 3 times the price... LOL!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Here's an article from Bolts from the Blue on the state of fandom after relocation. I understand sign boys reasons but it won't bring the Bolts back.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017...inty-san-diego
You must be mis-understanding... no one believes anything will bring them back. Not once has Sign Guy said that he believes this will bring them back.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Hall of Famer

The article was just to share how San Diego fans may feel with the move.
I know Boltnut...I did read the article of course he didn't say it was going to bring the team back. He is venting towards Goodell and Deano. He has a right to express himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
You must be mis-understanding... no one believes anything will bring them back. Not once has Sign Guy said that he believes this will bring them back.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
The article was just to share how San Diego fans may feel with the move.
I know Boltnut...I did read the article of course he didn't say it was going to bring the team back. He is venting towards Goodell and Deano. He has a right to express himself.
I appreciate the link. I try to read the whole article. It's a sham to pick out bits and pieces of an article and forget the rest. I'm sure very few people have listened to the 1090 podcast I posted. The podcast gives everyone a better idea about who this Sign Guy is. He's actually an articulate/intelligent guy. He's not a guy to ruin everyone else's game experience. He's not a guy who's going to start fights (he actually avoided that during the Deano-show). Yet, most people here are portraying him as a "miscreant".
Old 05-08-2017, 05:12 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
I appreciate the link. I try to read the whole article. It's a sham to pick out bits and pieces of an article and forget the rest. I'm sure very few people have listened to the 1090 podcast I posted. The podcast gives everyone a better idea about who this Sign Guy is. He's actually an articulate/intelligent guy. He's not a guy to ruin everyone else's game experience. He's not a guy who's going to start fights (he actually avoided that during the Deano-show). Yet, most people here are portraying him as a "miscreant".
The only folks declared in here to be "miscreants" were those who sit around and lecture Pac about his habits. (I should know, I called them that a few posts above).

Please drop the quotes, sir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
The only folks declared in here to be "miscreants" were those who sit around and lecture Pac about his habits. (I should know, I called them that a few posts above).

Please drop the quotes, sir.
So you don't believe people are describing Sign Guy as a miscreant...? A bad guy...?

synonyms: criminal, culprit, wrongdoer, malefactor, offender, villain, lawbreaker, evildoer, delinquent, hoodlum, reprobate; malfeasant

Go back and read every name he's been called. People are basing their judgements on their personal beliefs... which in this case, are directly opposite of everything he's actually said. Did you even listen to his statements on the podcast I posted? Should I go and cut/paste them for you...?

Didn't mean to quote you. I was only pointing out that most are treating him like a miscreant... I simply liked your word and used it in another context.

Last edited by Boltnut; 05-08-2017 at 06:59 PM..
Old 05-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Meanwhile, in Atlanta ...

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Hall of Famer

...the taxpayers are paying over $700 million in taxes...
Old 05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Meanwhile, in Atlanta ...

A City Council approving a hotel tax and the Mayor proclaiming "We're going to build a great stadium." What a crazy concept!!

Quote:
...the taxpayers are paying over $700 million in taxes...
No set numbers, but with hotel taxes being THE major portion of what "taxpayers" are paying.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/atla...J2grkvyXu4JTI/

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Closed Thread