Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-24-2018, 04:27 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 4,445
Default

Interesting reads. From reading a few of the articles:

1) So glad we didn't pick DeForest Buckner who had 3 sacks last season. Article is trying to hype Buckner but it's only hype. Bosa has matched any hype given to him and then some.

2) Paul Guenther is just as mad a scientist/ coach as Bill Belichick. He's pretty driven as seen by his process of hiring staff and implementing his coaching scheme for the Raiders defense. As complex as his defensive scheme looks on paper, he doesn't have the young talent we have on our roster. Maybe Arden Key and Maurice Hurst have something to say about that...wills see.

3) Dean...you got your shiny stadium as it's posted in your meeting room. You can slice it anyway you want but you don't fully own it. I guess 18% of the revenue for the soon to be stadium/ entertainment complex is good enough. I remember him proposing a similar stadium entertainment project for Mission Valley back in 2000-2002. Of course, we know this wasn't approved.

In his eyes, he ultimately gets this project in a lease version in LA. However, for the article to paint him as an angel is just plain silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
This is the link for all of the articles and videos that MMQB has published during their "California Week":

https://www.si.com/column/California+Week
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2018, 10:45 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 29,263
Default

Guenther hasn't earned a comparison to Bellichick. His Cincy D was not special. We'll just have to see.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-24-2018, 05:16 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 14,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Philip just remember the game within the game can only be played out in 40 seconds. Sometimes you just have to run the play.
As the talent improves, fearing the other side lessens......

Having a running game is necessary to not being afraid.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Xenos's Avatar
Xenos Xenos is online now
Madness? This is Chargers
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Interesting reads. From reading a few of the articles:

1) So glad we didn't pick DeForest Buckner who had 3 sacks last season. Article is trying to hype Buckner but it's only hype. Bosa has matched any hype given to him and then some.

2) Paul Guenther is just as mad a scientist/ coach as Bill Belichick. He's pretty driven as seen by his process of hiring staff and implementing his coaching scheme for the Raiders defense. As complex as his defensive scheme looks on paper, he doesn't have the young talent we have on our roster. Maybe Arden Key and Maurice Hurst have something to say about that...wills see.

3) Dean...you got your shiny stadium as it's posted in your meeting room. You can slice it anyway you want but you don't fully own it. I guess 18% of the revenue for the soon to be stadium/ entertainment complex is good enough. I remember him proposing a similar stadium entertainment project for Mission Valley back in 2000-2002. Of course, we know this wasn't approved.

In his eyes, he ultimately gets this project in a lease version in LA. However, for the article to paint him as an angel is just plain silly.
Buckner and Bosa play two different positions on the defense though. Bosa is an edge rusher, while Buckner is an interior DL. With Buckner, personal sacks are more of a luxury than a necessity, especially if he does his job and flush the QB out of the pocket. It would have been nice to have both Bosa and Buckner on our team. But since we can't, I'm glad for Bosa since edge rushers/defenders are more valuable in the NFL.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-25-2018, 04:17 AM
brimsalabim's Avatar
brimsalabim brimsalabim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 1,981
Default

Once he’s done playing he’d make a heck of an OC.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-25-2018, 07:41 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 4,445
Default

Maybe Buckner will in a few years make the move to the SouthBay. You never know once his contract expires and FA starts.

Bosa is popular now but it didn't reflect CMB predictions before the 2016 draft. Maybe one member voted for him to be selected. Many myself included predicted Buckner to be the Chargers pick others vouched for Ramsey. At the time ,not many wanted Joey Bosa others pegged him as being too slow. Glad TT and staff selected Joey. Bosa is a key piece to the Chargers defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Buckner and Bosa play two different positions on the defense though. Bosa is an edge rusher, while Buckner is an interior DL. With Buckner, personal sacks are more of a luxury than a necessity, especially if he does his job and flush the QB out of the pocket. It would have been nice to have both Bosa and Buckner on our team. But since we can't, I'm glad for Bosa since edge rushers/defenders are more valuable in the NFL.

Last edited by ltinabottle; 06-25-2018 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Xenos's Avatar
Xenos Xenos is online now
Madness? This is Chargers
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Maybe Buckner will in a few years make the move to the SouthBay. You never know once his contract expires and FA starts.

Bosa is popular now but it didn't reflect CMB predictions before the 2016 draft. Maybe one member voted for him to be selected. Many myself included predicted Buckner to be the Chargers pick others vouched for Ramsey. At the time ,not many wanted Joey Bosa others pegged him as being too slow. Glad TT and staff selected Joey. Bosa is a key piece to the Chargers defense.
Bosa wasn't popular because people couldn't see him fitting in Pagano's 34 scheme as an OLB or DE. Buckner, as least, was a perfect fit in the mold of Calais Campbell.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 PM
electricgold electricgold is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newport beach
Posts: 4,082
Default

Mr. Rivers:
Wouldn't it be so GREAT if your children were to witness their father win a championship?? Best wishes on this new season. Hope you have a strong efficient season again.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:33 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 29,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
As the talent improves, fearing the other side lessens......

Having a running game is necessary to not being afraid.
Having an effective ground game cannot be over-emphasized. Playing without one is a major handicap for the passing QB.
Receivers are a big deal also. The coordination between them, each other and the QB is huge in creating windows for the throw and everyone's confidence. Our primaries, PR, KA, TW & TB
have been together a while now and should be putting in the fine touches to their act. MW brings great size & apparent skill set to the mix. Gordon & Ekler are reliable outlets.

Looking forward to this offense taking off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.