Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Appreciate Dan Fouts candor. It's the truth right? I heard parts of that interview on another show today. I understand Spanos is wanting to move on but you can't just dismiss 55 years of football history like it didn't exist. It's disrespectful to do that in my opinion.

Some LA Charger fans don't really mind since they weren't fans as recently as two years ago. This will be a sore topic for the Spanos moving forward if they continue to speak about him in that manner. Be smart just say Charger moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Fouts never wants to be referred to as an LA Charger.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/07/02/da...chargers-dont/
Old 07-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Boltgang74

I'm an L.A. Charger fan and been a fan for almost 19 years.They were in S.D. now their in L.A. where they played their first season.It is what it is.Fouts dont like it then he don't have to like it but the team aint gonna apologize for moving to a way bigger and better market.As long as their in Cali its all good to me.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:14 AM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltgang74 View Post
I'm an L.A. Charger fan and been a fan for almost 19 years.They were in S.D. now their in L.A. where they played their first season.It is what it is.Fouts dont like it then he don't have to like it but the team aint gonna apologize for moving to a way bigger and better market.As long as their in Cali its all good to me.
When Fouts played for the Bolts, the team's most hated rival moved to Los Angeles and won a Super Bowl there. The Rams were also in LA, and were a good team, going to the 1980 Super Bowl. Fouts also was born and raised in San Francisco, which has had a rivalry with Los Angeles for generations. Viewed in context, it's not hard to understand why Fouts doesn't want to be associated with Los Angeles.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:34 AM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
When Fouts played for the Bolts, the team's most hated rival moved to Los Angeles and won a Super Bowl there. The Rams were also in LA, and were a good team, going to the 1980 Super Bowl. Fouts also was born and raised in San Francisco, which has had a rivalry with Los Angeles for generations. Viewed in context, it's not hard to understand why Fouts doesn't want to be associated with Los Angeles.
I don't think Fouts is taking a shot at LA or the Spanos family so much as he never played in LA. Johnny U didn't want to be known as an Indy Colt either & Fouts looked up to him.

I like the part where you say you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then proceed to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer

True. Fouts played, bled and sweated his jersey number 14 his whole career in San Diego. We all watched him on some Sundays literally having blood on his jersey for taking hits/ sacks during a game

At the very least, he liked to be acknowledged as being a Hall of Famer as a San Diego Charger. I respect him for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
I don't think Fouts is taking a shot at LA or the Spanos family so much as he never played in LA. Johnny U didn't want to be known as an Indy Colt either & Fouts looked up to him.