Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Rookie

A good website if you want to keep up on the stadium progress, http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...52959&page=432
Old 09-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Rookie

Interesting side-by-side renderings with AT&T stadium and the LASED
Old 09-10-2018, 04:44 AM
Veteran

from what i could see on tv today, most of the stadium was wearing red. that was the worst sight at a home field that i think i have ever seen.

i passed on the initial sections that were selling to season tix holders at the new stadium ($350 per ticket and 10K-15K PSL), and i have not heard anything else back from them.

has anyone else heard about other sections opening up?
Old 09-10-2018, 10:37 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
from what i could see on tv today, most of the stadium was wearing red. that was the worst sight at a home field that i think i have ever seen.

i passed on the initial sections that were selling to season tix holders at the new stadium ($350 per ticket and 10K-15K PSL), and i have not heard anything else back from them.

1). It wasn't as bad as it looked. It's the sections that are on camera that are the worst.

2). The Rams have finally opened up their PSL sales on non-Premium seating. I've no idea if the Chargers will be following suit shortly (both teams are using the same 3d-party company to handle the psl's and season tix).
Old 09-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I know this is hard to do. But wait 1-2 years after the stadium opens. They will be begging people to buy PSLs.

Unless the Chargers rattle off a Superbowl win in the next year or two resale value on their seats will be low. You will be better just buying tickets on the secondary market.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Hall of Famer

It was at least 60% red vs. blue at the game.

What drives me crazy is people criticizing the Bolts for this happening. I tell everybody that if the Bears played in L.A. it'd be the same, it's not the team, it's as a K.C. fan (Or Pats fan, Packers fan, etc.) would you want to take a vacation in Buffalo or Cleveland or Los Angeles with Disney, etc.? It's the L.A. (or S.D. or even Las Vegas markets) that is always going to attract visitors.

If the Rams were to host the Raiders would anyone disagree with the majority of fans at the Coliseum would be Raiders fans?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizGod View Post
I know this is hard to do. But wait 1-2 years after the stadium opens. They will be begging people to buy PSLs.

Unless the Chargers rattle off a Superbowl win in the next year or two resale value on their seats will be low. You will be better just buying tickets on the secondary market.
Solid advice RRiz. this thing just feels scary. the rams are going to have a hard enough time pushing the outrageous prices - how are the tag-a-long/uninvited chargers going to sell anything...
Old 09-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
It was at least 60% red vs. blue at the game.

What drives me crazy is people criticizing the Bolts for this happening. I tell everybody that if the Bears played in L.A. it'd be the same, it's not the team, it's as a K.C. fan (Or Pats fan, Packers fan, etc.) would you want to take a vacation in Buffalo or Cleveland or Los Angeles with Disney, etc.? It's the L.A. (or S.D. or even Las Vegas markets) that is always going to attract visitors.

If the Rams were to host the Raiders would anyone disagree with the majority of fans at the Coliseum would be Raiders fans?
i agree with your logic, but it is even worse for a team that does not travel well at all, like the chargers. the bears would have a decent pack of fans already living in LA. add to the fact that they are competing with a team that is "coming home" (rams) and the chargers weren't even asked to come to LA, they just showed up. normally there is at least some nucleus of support/excitement for bringing a team to a city. so some blame needs to the chargers mentality of "if the rich other owner builds it, they will come"....
Old 09-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
i agree with your logic, but it is even worse for a team that does not travel well at all, like the chargers. the bears would have a decent pack of fans already living in LA. add to the fact that they are competing with a team that is "coming home" (rams) and the chargers weren't even asked to come to LA, they just showed up. normally there is at least some nucleus of support/excitement for bringing a team to a city. so some blame needs to the chargers mentality of "if the rich other owner builds it, they will come"....
The Bears have people from Chicago in L.A.? I guess so (I moved from Chicago here lol, grew up a Chargers fan not Bears, that's why I use that analogy) but there are probably people from K.C. living here, Miami, etc. Watch what happens with the Raiders in Las Vegas, when a rabid fan base like New England, Dallas, or Pittsburgh has to play there, the stadium will be loaded with fans looking for a weekend in Vegas to also watch their team play as well.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:19 PM

Vegas has a ton of Ratturd fans. Also the rabid s&b fans from the high desert, inland empire, and LA will travel. 3-5 hr drive Sat....gambling, shows, hookers, fights, jail then the game on Sun. Sounds like a perfect weekend for their fans.