Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Rookie

Default We Shoulda Kept Brees

Norv, A.J. All just symptons of the real problem.

Who hired the guys who let Drew go and let Eli push them around because he stamped his feet?

Well Spanos?????? Please explain that. I mean those two guys have only led their teams to 3 of the last 5 Superbowls. Where exactly does the buck stop in San Diego?????
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingtrader180 View Post
Norv, A.J. All just symptons of the real problem.

Who hired the guys who let Drew go and let Eli push them around because he stamped his feet?

Well Spanos?????? Please explain that. I mean those two guys have only led their teams to 3 of the last 5 Superbowls. Where exactly does the buck stop in San Diego?????
Teams weren't exactly knocking at Drew's door. His shoulder was badly injured and had a real small chance of ever throwing again.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzSTi View Post
Teams weren't exactly knocking at Drew's door. His shoulder was badly injured and had a real small chance of ever throwing again.
And thats exactly when a GOOD GM steps in and takes him. The possible upside is tremendous, not to mention, a repaired torn labrum is not nearly as big of a deal as for a pitcher in baseball, and lots of them recover just fine.

I had the same injury, and the main issue after its done is range of motion. I can no longer extend my arm backwards as far as I use to when throwing a baseball, and it affects my throwing.

With Brees, they could have done some simple tests, ask the surgeon what he thinks, and then sign him back up.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORjr. View Post
And thats exactly when a GOOD GM steps in and takes him. The possible upside is tremendous, not to mention, a repaired torn labrum is not nearly as big of a deal as for a pitcher in baseball, and lots of them recover just fine.

I had the same injury, and the main issue after its done is range of motion. I can no longer extend my arm backwards as far as I use to when throwing a baseball, and it affects my throwing.

With Brees, they could have done some simple tests, ask the surgeon what he thinks, and then sign him back up.
Great post Jammer.
Just love this. A good GM would have? 30 other teams all passed him up. Miami looked, but even they were not sold. that 31 teams. So I guess only N.O has the good GM?

Quote:
Still, Brees faced an arduous rehabilitation, with long odds. "Lord, I was just hoping to give him a functional shoulder," says Andrews. "An average athlete would not recover from this injury."
Quote:
I thought, my God, what an injury," says Andrews. Four days later he examined Brees and diagnosed a rare 360-degree tear of the labrum, the ring of cartilage around the entry to the shoulder joint. During surgery Andrews discovered a deep, partial rotator cuff tear. He says the damage in Brees's shoulder joint represented "one of the most unique injuries of any athlete I've ever treated."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Great post Jammer.
Just love this. A good GM would have? 30 other teams all passed him up. Miami looked, but even they were not sold. that 31 teams. So I guess only N.O has the good GM?
Be honest now. It wasnt 30 teams that passed on him. Many already had a strong staring QB.
And see what miami has done since that year when they passed on him. Obviously it was a bad move by them.
In the SI article, it blatantly says he regained full range of motion, and thats what matter the most.

And one team didnt, who was that? Oh yea, NO, didnt they win a super bowl?

When you look at rosters of championship teams, there are always at least 2-3 players that unexpectedly performed great, whom most didnt think they would.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Be honest now. It wasnt 30 teams that passed on him. Many already had a strong staring QB.
And see what miami has done since that year when they passed on him. Obviously it was a bad move by them.
In the SI article, it blatantly says he regained full range of motion, and thats what matter the most.

And one team didnt, who was that? Oh yea, NO, didnt they win a super bowl?

When you look at rosters of championship teams, there are always at least 2-3 players that unexpectedly performed great, whom most didnt think they would.
And yet, only SD and NO offered, so clearly, teams knew how bad it was....

Brees lucked into having Payton as a coach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Did SI print an article guaranteeing that he would regain full range of motion?

Or did they print an article outlining what happened after a never before done surgery, and months of rehab?

Typical surgery, 2-4 anchors. Brees' surgery, 11 anchors. Plus repairing a torn rotator cuff.

It's not like he sprained his shoulder, and AJ told him to pack his bags.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Ask the surgeon?

You mean the guy who publicly stated that he was just hoping to give Brees a functional shoulder?

Who performed groundbreaking surgery to repair the damage?

Is that the surgeon they should have asked?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Seriously? Ask the surgeon?

You mean the guy who publicly stated that he was just hoping to give Brees a functional shoulder?

Who performed groundbreaking surgery to repair the damage?

Is that the surgeon they should have asked?
You got it. Tommy John surgery, the guy, Tommy, who had the first procedure of its kind, came back and did great.

I've said this before, and it would not have been popular to do at the time, but trade LT for a couple of great draft picks to help the D, keep Turner instead who was much younger, and keep Brees. It would have resulted in 2-3 more first rounders.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You got it. Tommy John surgery, the guy, Tommy, who had the first procedure of its kind, came back and did great.
And how many didn't?

You said "ask the surgeon". The surgeon said "I just hope I can make his shoulder work again."

So do you go with the surgeons opinion, or not?