Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Thanks as always, Joel.

So far I've only listened to Cam (the first time I've ever heard him speak), but at the end of the interview, he made a shocking revelation: When you see the offense really clicking, whether it be in passing or running, its because of blocking and execution. When blocking isn't good, the offense doesn't look good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbolt
The defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron both talked to the media today. Several of the writers asked Marty if he would give permission for the coordinators to talk with them and he agreed to do so.

Video: Wade Phillips
Video: Cam Cameron

The FREE RealPlayer plug-in is necessary to play the Video clips above.
Thanks for putting those up on the main website Joel

The interview with Cam was very interesting. It provided a lot of insight into Cam the person, as well as Cam the OC... and on some elements of the team itself, in particular the one that has had the biggest single impact into turning the team around - the atmosphere and chemistry that exists.

Wish someone had asked Wade a few more Qs... like, "What are you doing to fix the zone defense issues."

Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 PM
humans could be smarter

yep, thanks joel. Good insight.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby
Thanks as always, Joel.

So far I've only listened to Cam (the first time I've ever heard him speak), but at the end of the interview, he made a shocking revelation: When you see the offense really clicking, whether it be in passing or running, its because of blocking and execution. When blocking isn't good, the offense doesn't look good.
Hopefully that means we will be looking at a few quality linemen being drafted this year .

Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Veteran

Thanks Joel
At least now we know that Cam has never been thru 101 football at MIT. To credit the # 1 running back in the NFL for blocking , why have you let him get in the position where he has to block. Don Coryell figured out the blocking of the OL 26 years ago. To state you still coach Gates aggressively, just maybe Gates should be coaching you. You were on your couch when your phone rang, how close do you live from Marty (same area for sure ). I for 1 hope AJ and DS listened to every word of your interview. If you and Marty are not the cancer eating a way at this team it must be the OLC and SC. Have a good day and leave, or correct the problem. This team has the talent to dominate, but something is holding them back, so get on the band wagon, or get hell out of here. All we did in 78 was change coaches and start winning.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

You're right, CountryBoy. He didn't study NFL101.

He took a graduate course studying the Dallas Cowboys offense featuring one of the great all-around backs in NFL history, Emmitt Smith. Emmitt was known as the best blocking RB in the NFL while he played (not FB, RB).

Coincidentally, Emmitt Smith was LT's boyhood hero.

Emmitt, along with a Hall of Fame QB, receiver and a great o-line, did OK in the 1990s. I'd assume that Cam would like to have the same success in his offense as Dallas did in the 90s, and that requires good to great all-around players at every position.

Thankfully, LT is the best all-around player at his position in the NFL, and that will lead to huge success for the Bolts in the near future.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince1979
I'm sure it will all be politically correct sound bites, but I looking forward to seeing the interviews.
Yeah because the Charger organisation is ruled by Communism and Marty is the dictator.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Bobo

Bolt

Thanks, Joel. We've got something up our sleeves! :Helmet:
Old 11-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Veteran

Blocking for another player to gain more yardage is one thing, but blocking to keep your QB from getting killed is a whole diffrent thing. Yes I watched Emmit in HS and he blocked to gain yardage, not to keep his QB from getting killed. Pencola always had great coaching, look at how many players they have sent to the NFL.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by country boy
Blocking for another player to gain more yardage is one thing, but blocking to keep your QB from getting killed is a whole diffrent thing. Yes I watched Emmit in HS and he blocked to gain yardage, not to keep his QB from getting killed. Pencola always had great coaching, look at how many players they have sent to the NFL.
Not true, Country Boy.

The blocking I'm talking about was to protect Troy Aikman in blitz situations. Best pass protecting RB in the business, and when he wasn't pass blocking, one of the best swing pass receivers in the NFL. Reminds me of someone on the Chargers today.

Got to do both if you're a great one, and LT is a great one.