Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

I guess I'm not getting through, Country Boy.

Emmitt Smith was the best pass protection RB in the NFL protecting Troy Aikman. He used to pancake blitzing LBs coming for Troy's head.

LT is cut right out of Emmitt's mold (great runner, receiver and pass protecting blocker) but with greater quickness.

I've never saw Emmitt or LT throw a run block in their respective NFL careers, but they both shared a common trait for all-time great RBs - they're both excellent at picking up blitzes to protect their QBs.

Cam isn't as slow as you think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby
Not true, Country Boy.

The blocking I'm talking about was to protect Troy Aikman in blitz situations. Best pass protecting RB in the business, and when he wasn't pass blocking, one of the best swing pass receivers in the NFL. Reminds me of someone on the Chargers today.

Got to do both if you're a great one, and LT is a great one.
yes he must do both but what should be his primary, blocking for his QB because his OL can't handle the job or doing his job and blocking when it leads to 1 st. downs for the team.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by country boy
yes he must do both but what should be his primary, blocking for his QB because his OL can't handle the job or doing his job and blocking when it leads to 1 st. downs for the team.
I don't think Cam expressed that his "primary" job was to block, as evidenced by the 4 TDs scored, over 100 yards in rushing and more than 150 yards in total offense.

Cam expressed his great admiration for a fantastic block from the best "running" running back in the NFL on a blitz that permitted Brees to complete a key third down pass that led to a huge win. I just didn't believe that was a solid basis to dis Cam's football knowledge, that's all.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby
Not true, Country Boy.

The blocking I'm talking about was to protect Troy Aikman in blitz situations. Best pass protecting RB in the business, and when he wasn't pass blocking, one of the best swing pass receivers in the NFL. Reminds me of someone on the Chargers today.

Got to do both if you're a great one, and LT is a great one.
Lt is one of the greatest if not the greates, I say the greatest, but he's beeing put in the positions where his tlenet is beeing used where he is faceing the possibility of injury trying to protect the QB. Beef the OL and let him run wild. Respect the man who can bring home the bacon.

Last edited by country boy; 11-09-2005 at 10:15 PM..
Old 11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Veteran

Jo Mac have a good night has been fun, still dont agree with you, but a great diffrence of oppinion. At least you've got class.
Chargers win out.

Last edited by country boy; 11-09-2005 at 10:34 PM..
Old 11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by country boy
Jo Mac have a good night has been fun, still dont agree with you, but a great diffrence of oppinion. At least you've got class.
Chargers win out.
Agreed!!