Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
You know it's bad when I am jealous of the Raiders roster......
The Raiders have been a much better franchise than the Chargers over the years. They fell back when Al Davis aged but it is starting to look like son of Al is a better owner than son of Alex and sons of Dean
Old 11-02-2015, 09:18 AM
When all else fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The Raiders have been a much better franchise than the Chargers over the years. They fell back when Al Davis aged but it is starting to look like son of Al is a better owner than son of Alex and sons of Dean
The only saving grace is they are moving to LA so in 3 short months I wonít care about them anymore. Itís almost a blessing seeing that the Raiders have a really good young nucleus and will be better than the Chargers for the next 5 years easily.

Have fun with that LA Charger fans
Old 11-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The only saving grace is they are moving to LA so in 3 short months I wonít care about them anymore. Itís almost a blessing seeing that the Raiders have a really good young nucleus and will be better than the Chargers for the next 5 years easily.

There are none
Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Thank Bronco fan FO you good insight. I think we are in the same spot your team was in when you brought in patriot OC and Tebo. We to were in a position of enjoying the failed exempts to stop sucking. The good news for you is your owner realize he needed to bring a great Bronco who has been seen how to win.

The bad thing for us is we don't have that Guy who really wants to see us succeed. But when we avoid fixing the obvious problems we are bound to get a top pick in every round. I just hope we have a new GM and coaching staff to turn it around before our greatest player retires.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchamblee View Post
I lurk here a lot because well, you're the chargers. I don't post often because you guys don't really seem interested in outside opinions and are pretty ugly when it comes to the broncos. However, as an outsider I would like to voice my opinion of what is going on with you guys.

When you guys started experiencing problems it would be dishonest of me to say that I haven't enjoyed it. But recently, it is no longer enjoyable and it bothers me that an ownership can do this to a team/city without the NFL stepping in to protect the fans. I do not know the rules regarding NFL interference or involvement into an individual team, nor do I care to.

My view is this. We as fans invest into the team/organization both financially and emotionally. We have no input and are seldom considered when decisions are made. Teams are run as a business and I understand that. In business, when a company is publicly traded, the shareholders are required by law to be taken into consideration for all decisions. CEO's are required to look after the interest of the shareholders and are not allowed to personally benefit at the expense of the shareholders. I do not know the laws or rules that protect the shareholder, but it was explained to me by a friend with knowledge of how this all works.

When I look at what is happening in San Diego it just feels like your ownership really doesn't give a crap about you as fans. Your wishes are being ignored and your interest is of no priority at all. This rubs me wrong because they certainly have no problems taking your money as you proudly purchase team merchandise and buy tickets to the games. All football fans should be disturbed by this. It is almost as if they are sabotaging the whole thing to aid them in an agenda that will make them more money while working against you guys as fans (shareholders).

You guys are being treated unfairly and as a fan, I feel that the NFL should have a system in place that protects the fans of a franchise since they are the financial backbone of the franchise. I don't know what the solution is, but I would imagine you guys find yourself torn between caring and wishing you didn't. You have been life long chargers fans and you deserve more respect than you re getting from the ownership. Owning an NFL team should be about more than making money.

I hope you continue to lose and pose no threat to my team, but as a fan of an NFL team you have my support and I hope that things get better for you as fans of the game and of the chargers. All fans of any NFL team should be united with you guys as you struggle to find enjoyment in cheering for a team that is owned by people that are walking up and down your backs with zero accountability. It is my hope that owners that treat fans this way will never be able to replace the fans they rejected. We should have long memories and little empathy for those that will exploit us and our emotional investment in a team.
you werent lurking in the past 14 years when the corrupt SD government did not put any real effort to help keep the chargers. you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Chargers will not survive in LA under this ownership. Spanos will probably get a very heft offer from an investment group that will take over and run the franchise. Going to LA with the mindset the spanos have is a business suicide imho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
you werent lurking in the past 14 years when the corrupt SD government did not put any real effort to help keep the chargers. you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.
That is true. I have only been around here for a few years lurking so I am not seeing anything but the latest results. I guess I was just trying to find a way to let you guys know that there are fans beyond your region that are becoming disgusted with what is happening. We all like to see an arrogant fan base get knocked around with humility. But at some point, the humility becomes demoralizing. Being an Arkansas Razorbacks fan, I do know how it feels to be standing at the edge of the abyss and staring helplessly into what feels like no point of return. Nobody should have to endure that as a fan.

I can tolerate poor years as a fan. All I need is to feel that the future is bringing better days. The signs of improvement are there if you just look closely. When we fans can not temper the gloom with some optimism the whole process of being a fan becomes unenjoyable. Maybe it is as simple as a bad coaching hire was made, but it does appear to be deeper than that to me as an outsider.

My post may have been wrong with the facts, but the point I was trying to make was that it feels like the fans are getting a raw deal. Wanting to win and committing to winning are 2 different things. Everyone deserves to know that their team is committed to winning whether it happens or not.

I'm not a softy, I do hope that you guys are not a threat to my team, ever. As rivals, of course I want to see you fail. But when I step away from my small world of being the fan of a single team, and look at it from a distance as a fan of the NFL, I find myself asking how in the hell is a team with Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Keenan and other top notch players at skill positions doing this badly? When the players give up, the fault is much higher up the ladder.

Anyway, my intention was not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong. I wasn't trying to intrude. I just had an opinion regarding your team and this felt like the proper place to voice it.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Ok. Everybody Stop. Mod Freak has to take over now.

We have just gone too far. I'm all for banging on the org. right now. Get the pitchforks and fire.

But the above post is going WAY over the line. Wow. Like gonzo man.

Holy Cats.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Ok. Everybody Stop. Mod Freak has to take over now.

We have just gone too far. I'm all for banging on the org. right now. Get the pitchforks and fire.

But the above post is going WAY over the line. Wow. Like gonzo man.

Holy Cats.
as a future fan free agent I have to look at all the teams. tell me if anything i said was wrong. I'll take it into consideration.

#freewoodeye2000
Old 11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
as a future fan free agent I have to look at all the teams. tell me if anything i said was wrong. I'll take it into consideration.

#freewoodeye2000
Did Woodeye get banned? If so for what, I never saw any post that was against the rules.