Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
ummm, who here is arguing that
It's a Freak thing. We go way back on the VJ issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
and when...ahem...im sorry..if vj outperforms meachem that can be considered a fair comparison?? they arent going against the same defenses...in fact i think our CBs have been identified as the weak spot on our D...
I just think it will be interesting to see The Man, and the guy who replaced The Man, playing in the same game. Should be some extra motivation for Meacham, and VJ both.

I'm sure VJ will be amped up to have a good game against us.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
No, but in week ten, we can compare Meacham and VJ's stats, side by side.
And if VJ performs better, will you stop hating on VJ?

Or will the response be "Oh at least the Chargers won and Bucs lost so it means VJ is a no good loser"

Because football is played by one player....
Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargrfan View Post
If Meacham does, do you think people will stop lamenting about how the Chargers can't win a game without VJ?

To each his own, I guess. I'd much rather support a player on our roster, than a player who is no longer here.

And for the record, it would have been nice to get VJ signed. But not at the cost of putting the team into cap hell, or having to pass on all the moves we made because he signed elsewhere.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Rookie

If CT was a Lions fan during the 00's, he'd be a vocal supporter of Matt Millen.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyre View Post
If CT was a Lions fan during the 00's, he'd be a vocal supporter of Matt Millen.
Couldn't be worse than Bobby Bethard.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargrfan View Post

Or will the response be "Oh at least the Chargers won and Bucs lost so it means VJ is a no good loser"

Because football is played by one player....
All I care about is the W.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Couldn't be worse than Bobby Bethard.
You mean the guy who put together our one and only Super Bowl team?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You mean the guy who put together our one and only Super Bowl team?
Yup. That's the guy.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
If Meacham does, do you think people will stop lamenting about how the Chargers can't win a game without VJ?

To each his own, I guess. I'd much rather support a player on our roster, than a player who is no longer here.

And for the record, it would have been nice to get VJ signed. But not at the cost of putting the team into cap hell, or having to pass on all the moves we made because he signed elsewhere.
I think VJ was worth the money (not just because of his stats but because of the attention he drew from the defense which opened things up for everyone else as well as his great blocking in the run game) but its completely someone's opinion if they think he was worth it or not.

If someone else thinks he wasn't worth the money, then I'll respect the opinion.

But what I find a hard time with is when people try to rip on VJ simply because of the success he is having in Tampa Bay. The same exact people who were ripping on Michael Turner, Drew Brees and Darren Sproles when they left. Sure their no longer on the team but that does mean we have to rip them continuously?

Meachem and Royal (the two players brought in to replace VJ) have had minimal contributions for our team thus far. So of course its gonna get brought up that VJ would have been better here.

Neither Meachem nor Royal have to put up VJ stats...they just have to be effective and they have definitely not done that so far this season.