Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you live?
San Diego 26 10.97%
Southern California (not San Diego) 30 12.66%
Elsewhere in California (not Southern or SD) 15 6.33%
Nearby State (ex: Nevada, Arizona) 17 7.17%
Elsewhere in the United States 96 40.51%
Another country (please state, I'd like to know!) 53 22.36%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Today is the 9 year anniversary of this thread.

Believe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Rookie

Default Hi from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Hey guys

A (completely) new Fan of American Football here.
I'm from the Capital City of Wales, Cardiff.

The NFL is beginning to make big waves over here in the UK and it's something i've always wanted to get my teeth into.

Today, I decided to take the plunge and decide on which Team I should follow/support. I want a team to follow so I can learn about the game, rules etc....

A few online questionnaires left me with 4 teams.
Giants, Panthers, Patriots and of course, the Chargers.

How did I pick between 4 teams I had very little knowledge of?
An article written by a Journalist here
In the UK compared our Premier League (British Football/Soccer) Teams
to that of the NFL Teams.

My real passion in life is Soccer (I'll have to get used to writing that on this site, rather than Footie)
Before you judge me, Soccer here in the UK is a way of life where-as a common conception of it in the US is that it's a Sport for women and Children.

My team, clue is in the name, is Cardiff City.

This article compared My Team to the Chargers and the Panthers.
(Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl...ps-decide.html )

Cardiff City were for 100 years, a team that Played in Blue, White and Yellow until 2012 where our Malaysian Billionnaire owner changed our Colours to Red. He also tried to kill off our Nickname, the Bluebirds, and gave us a new crest with a huge Red Dragon on.
This was horrendous for us to take but instead of rambling on, the reason I chose you was the Colour.
I also notice a lot of your areas/streets are named after places I live in or near (Cardiff for e.g)

Must have been fate!

A small question for you...
Who are your Rivals? Who do I have to hate?
For your information, our bitter rivals are Swansea City, the Swans

Look forward to hearing from you
Old 01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
<Part-Time BHC Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiffBluebird View Post
Hey guys

A (completely) new Fan of American Football here.
I'm from the Capital City of Wales, Cardiff.

The NFL is beginning to make big waves over here in the UK and it's something i've always wanted to get my teeth into.

Today, I decided to take the plunge and decide on which Team I should follow/support. I want a team to follow so I can learn about the game, rules etc....

A few online questionnaires left me with 4 teams.
Giants, Panthers, Patriots and of course, the Chargers.

How did I pick between 4 teams I had very little knowledge of?
An article written by a Journalist here
In the UK compared our Premier League (British Football/Soccer) Teams
to that of the NFL Teams.

My real passion in life is Soccer (I'll have to get used to writing that on this site, rather than Footie)
Before you judge me, Soccer here in the UK is a way of life where-as a common conception of it in the US is that it's a Sport for women and Children.

My team, clue is in the name, is Cardiff City.

This article compared My Team to the Chargers and the Panthers.
(Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl...ps-decide.html )

Cardiff City were for 100 years, a team that Played in Blue, White and Yellow until 2012 where our Malaysian Billionnaire owner changed our Colours to Red. He also tried to kill off our Nickname, the Bluebirds, and gave us a new crest with a huge Red Dragon on.
This was horrendous for us to take but instead of rambling on, the reason I chose you was the Colour.
I also notice a lot of your areas/streets are named after places I live in or near (Cardiff for e.g)

Must have been fate!

A small question for you...
Who are your Rivals? Who do I have to hate?
For your information, our bitter rivals are Swansea City, the Swans

Look forward to hearing from you
You made the right choice my friend. Welcome.

Our biggest rivals are the Broncos (who we play this weekend in the2nd round of the playoffs) and the Raiders. Most of us will have other teams we can't stand (the Patriots), but those two are pretty universal. There are a few guys on here who are big BPL fans and occasionally will share a little smack, so you are not alone.

To hell with with the Swans btw (Unitedfan). Welcome again and look forward to talking to you.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeps View Post
You made the right choice my friend. Welcome.

Our biggest rivals are the Broncos (who we play this weekend in the2nd round of the playoffs) and the Raiders. Most of us will have other teams we can't stand (the Patriots), but those two are pretty universal. There are a few guys on here who are big BPL fans and occasionally will share a little smack, so you are not alone.

To hell with with the Swans btw (Unitedfan). Welcome again and look forward to talking to you.
Thanks Man!
We've just appointed United Legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as our Manager

Who are the Chargers best players? Who's the quarterback?
Old 01-06-2014, 03:40 PM
<Part-Time BHC Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiffBluebird View Post
Thanks Man!
We've just appointed United Legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as our Manager

Who are the Chargers best players? Who's the quarterback?
I heard that. We will see how he does.

Philip Rivers is the Qb for the Chargers. Best players are very much a matter of opinion. He is certainly our most notable player. Right now the Bolts are not to stacked with superstars, but they are playing well as a team.

If you are just starting to watch football, YouTube is your best friend. You can watch some historic Charger games, and kinda learn the game. I grew up playing soccer, so I usually have a good grasp of the nuances. Football is somewhat complex with lots of rules. In both cases, you really just learn by watching it, preferably with someone who kinda knows the game. It takes time to get to a position where you truly know what's going on. My girlfriend has been a fan her whole life, but I still have to fill her in on stuff every game. It takes time, but it is a great game.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Aussie Charger fan living in Philly.

I was born same city as Darren Bennett in Australia. I remember watching the Chargers playing the Superbowl in 94 at age 13. In Jan 2010 I went to my first Chargers game at Qualcomm vs Redskins. Since have been to Chargers game in NY, Philly, Pittsburg and DC for 4-1 record. I now live in Philly. Anyone want to watch games with another Bolt fan get in touch.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Rookie

Been a Charger fan since birth! Born and raised in San Diego and now live in rival territory. Charger fan living in Bronco Country!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Rookie

Default Charger Fan in Buenos Aires!

Originally from the IE, now live in Buenos Aires, Argentina! I also help coach a team here in our semi-pro league.

I will be rooting on the team from here come Sunday!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Rookie

My father was watching them since Balboa Stadium. I've started as a fan in the Tommy Prothrow Days. I fell off the band wagon in our last try at the playoffs but the saftey line was connected and they pulled me back onto the cart this last weekend!
I've only got one thing to say since coming back.......How are we going to get past those darn Patriots? Optimistically asking ofcourse!
Good to be back!
Santa Rosa, Ca
Old 02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Rookie

Living in Calgary, Canada. Bought season tickets for the upcoming season. Looking forward to some trips to SD and cheering on the Chargers!!