Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 PM
All-Pro

And NFL.com ranks the offence of the Chargers the sexiest in the NFL!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 07-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Just give us the trophy
Old 07-13-2017, 11:24 PM
Rookie

well, at least one side of it is lol
Old 07-14-2017, 03:30 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
I live in Denver, so I made it a point to post this article at a few of my co-workers desk. God I can't wait for week 1!
Nominated for Post of the Day.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0j0 View Post
We know what we got from Bosa/Ingram, two of the best edge rushers in the game. Mebane was really good last year but got hurt, should still have another good year or 2 in him.

The key is going to be guys like Square, Palepoi, Reid, Liuget stepping up in order to be considered the best defensive line in the league.

I thought Square looked solid against the run but he only played in 1/3 of the defensive snaps, can he double that and still be productive?

Honestly I am not too high on Palepoi at all. I think he could be replaced in training camp by another undrafted free agent guy.

Reid looked good and coming in and providing an interior pass rush but again that was for only 7 games...can he do that for a full season?

Liuget had one of his worst years of his career last year which is strange because for the longest he was the only one worth anything on the D-line and then when he finally gets some guys that can play next to him he struggles. I think he is still a solid run defender but his pass rushing skills are lacking.

There are a lot of what ifs there and unknowns, even Mebane is a little unknown with his age and able to stay healthy for an entire year.

Someone needs to step up besides the Ingram,Mebane,Bosa in order to take that next step
Liuget has flashed Pro Bowl level talent when healthy. He could have a very good year in this D.
Reid is a guy I liked in his draft. Can't believe Det let him go but glad we have him. He can be very good.
Palepoi is not flashy but seldom is beaten. He's a player that can be counted on.
Square is a late bloomer from 'Bama who has been consistent and improving as a Charger.

Everybody has "What if..."s. What we currently have is a very good DL with solid depth. Hopefully the unknown disaster keeps it's head down this year.
What if our DL is better than anyone expects? What about that?
Old 07-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Just give us the trophy
Crown our ass!!!

RIP Denny Green.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
we do win a superbowl every july, thats for sure
I was pretty worked up about the '06-'07 teams and feel like we're close to that level.
Strong D front, CBs, decent LBs, strong RB, great QB, quality receivers, OL additions, impressive new coaching staff should provide some serious excitement.
Winning the SB still seems a little far fetched but not completely impossible.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
I live in Denver, so I made it a point to post this article at a few of my co-workers desk. God I can't wait for week 1!
I'm with you on that!
Old 07-15-2017, 09:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I was pretty worked up about the '06-'07 teams and feel like we're close to that level.
Strong D front, CBs, decent LBs, strong RB, great QB, quality receivers, OL additions, impressive new coaching staff should provide some serious excitement.
Winning the SB still seems a little far fetched but not completely impossible.
That's why they play the games. Oakland & New England look strong on paper in the AFC, but it's a long season and anything can happen. I would be extremely disappointed if the Chargers don't make the playoffs. I don't see 6 teams in the conference that are hands down better than the Bolts. If the Chargers stay relatively healthy and play to their potential, then they are a double digit win team.

My only genuine concern is the OL. If they can just be decent, this team is going to be dangerous.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 AM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
The 2016 D ranked blah-blah-blah.
We haven't seen this defense play so no point in getting carried away but the potential is ridiculously good.
Contradictory much?