Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

So now Kaplan has started a "Chargers Haters Club", and is offering autographed club cards with their new "oath" printed on it.

How pathetic can the guy get?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 08-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So now Kaplan has started a "Chargers Haters Club", and is offering autographed club cards with their new "oath" printed on it.

How pathetic can the guy get?
He is just digging his own professional grave.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Moderator of Delusions

He is lame.
sadly he's not the only one.
Anne H, Jordan C, they all bash the bolts and pine for people to support Hockey or SDSU

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Well now that pro lacrosse is coming to SD, Kaplan will have something to occupy his time.

Marty Caswell bugs me because she 24/7 Charger bashes, then runs to Stub Hub and goes all groupie on the players, then right back to SD to start bashing again.

Why even bother? Cover the Xolos game.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Well now that pro lacrosse is coming to SD, Kaplan will have something to occupy his time.

Marty Caswell bugs me because she 24/7 Charger bashes, then runs to Stub Hub and goes all groupie on the players, then right back to SD to start bashing again.

Why even bother? Cover the Xolos game.
You completely nailed Marty! Glad I am not the only one who sees it. I don't get why they give her media access when she relentlessly bashes the Chargers. It's not thing to criticize, another to constantly bash.

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 08-31-2017 at 08:19 AM..
Old 11-28-2017, 08:48 AM
glutton for punishment...

Default Reflecting on the Move to LA: SD Radio Wars Be Damned

Finally... my first thread on my new forum (they won't all be this long BTW)! I used to live on the SDUT forum but after the Chargers moved there were few fans left and little to no talk of actual football. I am grateful to have found a new home with fans that have chosen to stick with the Bolts despite the fact that the "business" side of football can hurt. Like many others here, I chose to support the players and the logo that I have followed since 1975 even though I was not happy with the decision to move.

At any rate, I think a lot of the hate being spewed in the media about us having no fans is not entirely true. Yes, the move did rub many so wrong that they decided to stop following the Bolts... but I am not sure they were all die-hard to begin with. I think the move made it easy for a lot of the marginal fans to just rid themselves of a team that has been... well... difficult to root for to say the least. I also think the idea that the Chargers don't have any fans left is being magnified by two radio shows that have decided to use this move as a way to stay relevant. It started with the Loose Cannons. Right out of the gate, they changed the format of their show to focus on spreading hate for Spanos and the organization. Initially, they were blessed with a disastrous 0-4 start in classic Charger fashion that allowed them to laugh for hours about their funny headlines in the Monday newspaper... E.g. "Denver takes a Spanos on Bolts", "Oakland drives Carr over Chargers".... Ha ha. But when the Chargers started to win... you started to hear lame excuses about how the opponents aren't that good. What is the worst about this Show?... That one of their Hosts (Costa) is admittedly a giant Raider Fan... So his desire to sow seeds of discontent in Chargerland is obvious. Costa will then return to focus on how Spanos spurned an entire fandom by moving their team 100 miles North all while completely ignoring that fact that the Raiders are moving to a new friggin state. Why o why do the Turds get a pass for moving their franchise?... I hate to say it... but it is because their fans will stick with them no matter where they play. They may be a godless group of degenerates ()... but at least they are loyal. That being said, both organizations have had trouble at times selling out their stadiums for a variety of reasons. The Turds obviously have more fans... but Blackouts loomed in Oakland for years when they didn't play well. And I would argue that a lot of the talk about how we can't sell out StubHub has more to do with those reasons than the move... I won't list them all here but they are largely the same reasons the 8-3 Rams still can't sell out their stadium... but a new one for sure affected my ability to show up at StubHub... the cost to attend is flat out ridiculous. I can't throw down a grand to take my 3 boys to an NFL game.

Recently, the Scott and BR Show has decided to follow along with the Loose Cannons. Scott, who has always been like nails on a chalkboard to listen to... has taken it to a whole new level with his Anti-Charger campaign. Unlike the Loose Cannons... there is little reason at all to even listen to this show... because it doesn't even come with a few laughs. In the end, aside from Costa for said reasons.... If this new brand of radio is entirely based on ratings... then there are either a ton of former Charger fans that really want to continue the hate day in and day out (and if so, I feel really sorry for you)... or there are more fans like me... who still root for the Bolts and tune in occasionally to yell at the hosts while driving down the highway. Either way, I am left with a painful afternoon commute in the IE with no real Charger Talk. Dan Sileo is keeping it kind of real in the AM on 1090 and Roger Lodge largely ignores the Chargers on 830 in the afternoon. That leaves the Loose Cannons on 1350 (IE) and Snot and BR on 1090... the former is alright when not focusing on their anti-Bolt campaign and the latter has no merit outside of Linda. Please... give me another program to listen to.... and Chargers... please give us the reasons to make these radio jokes just shut up.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 11-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Hall of Famer

I still think of the team as the San Diego Chargers.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
I still think of the team as the San Diego Chargers.
Whatever works for you.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 11-28-2017, 09:08 AM
vagabond ninja

a lot of broadcasters still call them San Diego...I mean LA...Chargers.

I can feel the SD fans' pain cuz I didnt know how I'd feel with them moving closer to me (OC). As it is, their losses still pain me cuz I guess I'm still a fan.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Honestly those who jumped off can stay off. They're obviously more loyal to SD than they ever were to the Chargers. I see pictures of a group of fans living in Texas that are still fans of the organization.

You'll see more fans come out of the woodwork now that we're getting hot.

Rivers: "We have the pieces to do something special"