Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Legend

Default Game Meetup?

Hey, all.

It doesn't look like StubHub is ever going to get that home team fan advantage any time this year, but I thought it would be cool if most of us that aren't season ticket holders try and make it to the same game. I was at the Chiefs game and plan to go to at least 2 more, and the Chargers away game at the Coliseum.

It would be great for optics if we all showed up to at least one of the remaining games on the schedule (at StubHub; not London -- although that would be cool too.)

Have any of you tried to organize this before? I'm not talking about a tailgate meetup, although that would be cool too. But just trying to get all of us to at least decide to go to one common game together, and wear the same color jerseys. Maybe for the Broncos game so we can mute the sea of orange that'll undoubtedly be there.

i feel like a friggin' cheerleader here saying the team needs our support, but I guess that's I'm doing.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Shruggie you risk taker you. We all we're just saddened by the news after being so comfortable typing on our very own pc's, laptops and/ or tablets pre-game, game threads, mock draft and actual day draft threads. Debating on various topics from game to game to even topics unrelated to the game. Some of us have been part of this forum for a few months to over a decade posting post after post.

You want to break such a comfort zone and get us out off of our key boards and into an actual live social setting? How dare you break from tradition! lol

I haven't been to the Stub Hub since the team moved. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take that step being such a die hard San Diego Charger fan. I still think of LAC as SDC. I'm definitely down for a meet up else where since it may be our last time chatting on this community forum. Where would we meet? We have fans from all over the world and various parts of the US/ California.

Some are seeking to meet up at an away game. That's intriguing to me since I was thinking of doing this on my own. That way others can meet up from different parts of the country. Awesome that your putting this out there for discussion and eventual planning.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:30 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggie View Post
Hey, all.

It doesn't look like StubHub is ever going to get that home team fan advantage any time this year, but I thought it would be cool if most of us that aren't season ticket holders try and make it to the same game. I was at the Chiefs game and plan to go to at least 2 more, and the Chargers away game at the Coliseum.

It would be great for optics if we all showed up to at least one of the remaining games on the schedule (at StubHub; not London -- although that would be cool too.)

Have any of you tried to organize this before? I'm not talking about a tailgate meetup, although that would be cool too. But just trying to get all of us to at least decide to go to one common game together, and wear the same color jerseys. Maybe for the Broncos game so we can mute the sea of orange that'll undoubtedly be there.

i feel like a friggin' cheerleader here saying the team needs our support, but I guess that's I'm doing.
Nice job, Shruggie.

Yes, I did this once. A few years ago. And it worked out great.

But we are in a new era now. Less posters overall, less active posters, etc. Plus, of course, Carson, rather than San Diego.

But I think it's a great idea. I wish you well. And who knows, I may even be able to make it, my other duties permitting.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Legend

Hey ltinabottle,

I'm sure I'm not being innovating or breaking new ground with this attempt.

Personally, for me, I love watching the game at home on a nice 4k HD television. You get to be up close to the action, catch replays, and hear commentary. Beer and other beverages are cheaper, and the seats are more comfortable. lol

But if there is such a thing as a "Charger fan problem," then I'm part of it. I root for the team that moved closer to me and I've only gone to one game in littler over one season. I've gone to many games at the Q, but most seasons it wouldn't be more than 1 game of the year. (There were a few seasons I've gone twice, and once three times a year.) Last year I didn't attend one game at StubHub, even though I was >this close< to buying season tickets.

The team plays closer to me now, and I've seen firsthand how an opposing team's fanbase can take over the stadium. Last week, pics were circulating around social media making it seem like there were only Chiefs fans at the stadium. I was at the game and noticed what looked like a 50/50 split. Still, that's not saying much when you're playing at home.

Everything I just wrote was a long-winded ramble to say ... we should all try and make a game together.

As for meeting away from the stadium, the OC might be the best bet, since it's the middle ground for the LA and SD folks.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Nice job, Shruggie.

Yes, I did this once. A few years ago. And it worked out great.

But we are in a new era now. Less posters overall, less active posters, etc. Plus, of course, Carson, rather than San Diego.

But I think it's a great idea. I wish you well. And who knows, I may even be able to make it, my other duties permitting.
Let's look at it as a post-apocalyptic nuclear holocaust, where there's only a few Charger fan survivors propping up from the ashes of what was once a storied SD Charger franchise.

Now they're the L.A. Chargers, but we can make it more palatable by referring to them as just ... "The Chargers."

And now we have to grow the population back to sustainable levels.

I can't do it alone, though. So if you and ltinabottle, and anyone else, want to get together for a Charger game -- at the stadium or at a sports bar -- we should definitely try. I'd hope for the former at some point, but maybe that's too much to ask for right now.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Sure I'm down for meeting up. I took part in the Chargers Backers back in the day where they had meet ups over dinner or lunch along with meet ups on game day. Meet ups we're at a local hotel or the Stadium. Devoted fans would attend in Charger gear excited to talk about the team. A Charger was introduced to the audience and you had a chance to get to know them through question and answer. Drawings for prizes we're held at the end so fans can walk away with tickets or Charger gear.

The Charger Backers meetings we're well organized with a nice interpersonal touch that you don't always get from online forums.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Sure I'm down for meeting up. I took part in the Chargers Backers back in the day where they had meet ups over dinner or lunch along with meet ups on game day. Meet ups we're at a local hotel or the Stadium. Devoted fans would attend in Charger gear excited to talk about the team. A Charger was introduced to the audience and you had a chance to get to know them through question and answer. Drawings for prizes we're held at the end so fans can walk away with tickets or Charger gear.

The Charger Backers meetings we're well organized with a nice interpersonal touch that you don't always get from online forums.

Nice!

Maybe I'm posting this on the wrong sub-forum, but that's okay. I see some action on the main page for meetups to specific games. I'm down for most of them.

The Charger Backers meetings sound like fun. I see the Chargers doing a lot of LA community things here, but I suspect it's to try and make up ground for the lack of fans they have here. I think doing something like that up here would keep the same fans interested even more, or fans that were hanging by a thread, but I fear it might not be enough to lure new fans unless these types of meetings were free.

I hope to meet up with you at a game, or at some other neutral spot before the end of the season.

Let's keep the dialogue going!

Last edited by shruggy; Today at 01:50 PM..