Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will the Donkeys finish this year?
Division Champs! 2 11.11%
2nd 1 5.56%
3rd 3 16.67%
The Basement 12 66.67%
Conference Champs! 0 0%
Super Bowl Champions! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2017, 06:17 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Let's travel back to 1987. We're just days away from Brian Bosworth making his pro debut with the Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos. Ever the showman, Bosworth decided to call out Broncos star John Elway.
"I can't wait to get my hands on Elway's boyish face," Bosworth told the media.
"He added that he'd rather get penalized for a late hit than let Elway run out of bounds unscathed," wrote Rand.

This made Broncos fans furious. So furious, about 10,000 fans wore shirts that read "What's a Boz worth? Nothing" on the front and "Ban the Boz" on the back to the game.

Here's the thing: Bosworth's company produced the shirts:
"But if they had looked inside the shirt at the little tag that said Boz 44, Inc., they would have realized they paid fifteen dollars for a shirt made by my company," Bosworth wrote. "We gave all the profits to the Children's Hospital. We just wanted to prove how oxygen-deprived Denver fans are."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Odd you talk about the Boz today....

I watched a 30-30 film on Bo Jackson this morning....Of course, one of the highlights was Bo running over Boz into the endzone against Seattle...

Nice gesture by Boz for the hospital though....Good for him.

Us philanthropist are a special breed..
That reminds me, you might want to get your hot dog order in now for the orphans at Stub Hub. I'll see if I can get you the 5.1% discount on a pre-order.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Denver Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer was shown being pepper-sprayed by a bouncer at the Diamonds Cabaret strip club near Dayton in late February after a fight outside the club, TMZ Sports reported Sunday morning.

The dispute was reportedly over the dress code. Per TMZ's report:

"Things escalate when Latimer slaps the bouncer, who then sprays C.L. with pepper spray. Latimer's uncle then lunges at the bouncer and is knocked out.

We're told Latimer's group left immediately after the fight and cops were never called to the scene. Law enforcement sources tell us there's no pending criminal investigation."

"We are aware of the matter from several months ago involving [Cody] Latimer, and it has been discussed with him," the Broncos said in a statement provided by Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post. Interpretation - This is in-line with the teams culture, and there will be no consequences. Talib will provide counseling for Latimer.

Latimer told TMZ Sports he was attempting to de-escalate the situation, and early in the video he can be seen with his arms out, separating his uncle from the bouncers. After one bouncer repeatedly swatted Latimer's arm off his shoulder, however, Latimer can be seen slapping him in the face.

Punches were then thrown, and a bouncer pulled out pepper spray.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:31 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Denver Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer was shown being pepper-sprayed by a bouncer at the Diamonds Cabaret strip club near Dayton in late February after a fight outside the club, TMZ Sports reported Sunday morning.

The dispute was reportedly over the dress code. Per TMZ's report:

"Things escalate when Latimer slaps the bouncer, who then sprays C.L. with pepper spray. Latimer's uncle then lunges at the bouncer and is knocked out.

We're told Latimer's group left immediately after the fight and cops were never called to the scene. Law enforcement sources tell us there's no pending criminal investigation."

"We are aware of the matter from several months ago involving [Cody] Latimer, and it has been discussed with him," the Broncos said in a statement provided by Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post. Interpretation - This is in-line with the teams culture, and there will be no consequences. Talib will provide counseling for Latimer.

Latimer told TMZ Sports he was attempting to de-escalate the situation, and early in the video he can be seen with his arms out, separating his uncle from the bouncers. After one bouncer repeatedly swatted Latimer's arm off his shoulder, however, Latimer can be seen slapping him in the face.

Punches were then thrown, and a bouncer pulled out pepper spray.
Talib line, Nominated for POTD.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Rookie

I'm a Bolts fan that's lived in Denver for 5 years. The only time I left Mile High happy was after the Metallica show. I can't wait to see the Chargers crush those turds on Monday night.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipps View Post
I'm a Bolts fan that's lived in Denver for 5 years. The only time I left Mile High happy was after the Metallica show. I can't wait to see the Chargers crush those turds on Monday night.
Left with the fragrance of Donkey Grass in the air eh Rookie ?

Welcome on board. Sorry for your living in Donkver.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Hall of Famer

What can I say Derek ?
Lorenzo Carter LB ga
Micah Kiser LB va
Kingsley Keke NT tamu
Scott Quessenberry C ucla

woodMock '18 beta..."accumulate football players"
Old 08-17-2017, 03:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Classy organization. They don't care your mom is dying. You better be at the games, or else.

Top notch fan retention program.
Along with the 1987 Boz vs Elway incident noted earlier in this thread. I would at least like to point out that the Denver fan who lost his Season Ticket Status should have tried the GM Elway for consideration of his appeal. I say this because despite the terribly hurtful loss of Elway to the Donks in the 1983 Draft Debacle, (remember the Great Debate of '83 was whether or not SD should use all 3 of its #1's to move to the top of the draft and get Fouts's successor in Elway?) I was impressed by what John Elway did in 1987.

On Nov 15, 1987, there was a fatal crash of Continental Airlines Flt #1713 upon takeoff from Stapleton Airport wherein many were killed. Bound for Boise, I knew personally 1 survivor on that plane. John Elway made a donation to a Boise based Memorial fund for victims. So despite my long frustration at Elway's success against my Chargers, I always respected the man. More recently this showed via his participation in the Seau Memorial Service.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:39 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

Quote:
Latimer's uncle then lunges at the bouncer and is knocked out.
LL Cool J's momma approves this!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:13 PM
<< . . . . . . .

T.J. Ward not happy with Donks.

Me so sad.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...D=ansmsnnews11