Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
Good to see the truth, because in Gametime's version of the story, he talked that guy out of jumping...
In GT's version, he just happened to be bungee jumping off that building that day, and heroically saved that man when he was mere inches from hitting the pavement.

As the bungee retracted, GT gently placed him back on the ledge, then talked his boss into giving him a raise and a corner office.

Or else. *wink* *wink*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
In GT's version, he just happened to be bungee jumping off that building that day, and heroically saved that man when he was mere inches from hitting the pavement.

As the bungee retracted, GT gently placed him back on the ledge, then talked his boss into giving him a raise and a corner office.

Or else. *wink* *wink*
The bad news is that GT tells the stories better.

The good news is that at least after reading yours I don't feel like taking opioids.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Moe ran the spreadsheets.
What could go wrong ?
Old 07-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Misunderstood

Gentlemen, I do enjoy telling you guys stories of my life...It was well lived....

I know at times we have an adversarial relationship, but each of you have no better friend than me on the CMB....

I've brought life into this world as an EMT, and took life away fighting as an American soldier....I'll take the former anytime...
Old 07-15-2017, 08:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Gentlemen, I do enjoy telling you guys stories of my life...It was well lived....

I know at times we have an adversarial relationship, but each of you have no better friend than me on the CMB....

I've brought life into this world as an EMT, and took life away fighting as an American soldier....I'll take the former anytime...
I'll drink to that
Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
The bad news is that GT tells the stories better.

The good news is that at least after reading yours I don't feel like taking opioids.
That's good news?

Old 07-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
I'll take the former anytime...

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 07-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Misunderstood

And so do you my friend.........
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Misunderstood

For awhile, the student nurses, through the local hospital school, had to ride with us in order to get the feel of what real emergencies were like...It was part of their learning curriculum.

Since we worked 24 hour shifts, a lot of interesting things happened....Sometimes the married girl's husbands would come down to headquarters to see how their wives were doing....Of course, I knew they were probably coming down to check us guys out to see if we were cool, or not...

I would tell the guys not to worry about their wives, I would take good care of them....Sometimes that brought a few unusual comments, but any girl in my unit, especially married, was safe...

On the scenes, especially house calls, it was interesting to see how the people responded positively to their presence....It seemed the "nurses cap" had a calming effect on the sick and injured....This was good.

The only real shortcoming I found in them was their lack of physical strength for the job...For the most part they did not have the strength to load an injured person into the ambulance on a stretcher...A few could, but soon they would be complaining about their back, or some other part of their body hurting from the heavy lifting....

One of their teachers rode with me one shift, and she and I hit it off fairly well...She was a young nurse herself and really liked bossing "her girls" around...The girls were really afraid of her and she enjoyed that very much...

Quick emergency call story.....

Had a call to a bad multiple auto crash on Interstate 75...As I was untangling the dead female driver from a mangled Volkswagen, I noticed her right foot was missing....I told the student nurse with us to get the girl's foot that I had seen on the floorboard, and put it in the ambulance...

The student nurse did what she was told to do, but she became very emotional about it, way too emotional...I told her to see the missing foot, but don't look at it...Its all in the mind...Control your emotions, or you're useless out here....

The teaching nurse, that had become friends with me, had me come to one of their classes and give a critique of what I saw, and learned, from her nurses....

I told them the standard stuff about how emergency scene care compared to hospital care, and such, but I did close by telling them the last human sense to die is hearing...So on an emergency scene, always speak positively of what you see....No matter how bad it looks, never say that to anyone, it always looks fine.....It could make all the difference, between life and death...

Last edited by GameTime; 07-17-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-17-2017, 03:30 PM
<<< LA's finest football

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...