Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Mike Williams will definitely benefit from defenses treating him as a 3rd or 4th option.
And the other 3 will benefit from MW’s presence, especially in the red zone.

It goes hand-in-hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I'm watching the "cuts" hoping to see a better TE on someones list. I'm also still hopeful they can add a more dependable kicker. (Baltimore had 2 kickers that both kicked well maybe we can grab the one they cut)?
I see a lot of TEs available. Don't know about most of them.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Mike Williams will definitely benefit from defenses treating him as a 3rd or 4th option.
Another one of your snippy comments about MW. You are of course wrong, as defences will not look at him as a 3rd or 4th WR, they will be looking at him as much as KA when down in the red zone.

Real games start soon, your opinion on MW is about to take a butt kicking.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks for everything 85!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Another one of your snippy comments about MW. You are of course wrong, as defences will not look at him as a 3rd or 4th WR, they will be looking at him as much as KA when down in the red zone.

I don't think he was being snippy. As a matter of fact, it's pretty accurate seeing how Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin has him beat in the depth chart. Tyrell and Keenan are definitely starters. Especially with a 4 WR set having all four of those out there plus the halfbacks that are more than capable of receiving, this is going to cause headaches with defenses.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I don't think he was being snippy. As a matter of fact, it's pretty accurate seeing how Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin has him beat in the depth chart. Tyrell and Keenan are definitely starters. Especially with a 4 WR set having all four of those out there plus the halfbacks that are more than capable of receiving, this is going to cause headaches with defenses.
Taken together with all of the other comments, it was a bit snippy (i.e., "acknowledging" that the #7 pick's success due to the presence of the other 3 WRs).

Depth charts mean nothing when you are going into games that count wit multiple 3 & 4 WR sets.

And where is Benjamin ahead of him on a depth chart? I guarantee you that MW will play more snaps than Benjamin from the get-go.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
Right, other teams look at the Chargers depth chart to plan their D strategy - lol.

Seriously, I have to believe when other teams are putting together their D game plan they know who Mike_dub is as well as K. Allen, Ty Will, Benji etc.

To this point Mike_dub hasn't done much in the reg season, however, he's had a really solid off season and the coaches and team mates have been impressed.

We'll all get to see what he brings to the team and what he can or can't do once the real season starts.

Sounds like a throw down to me .... Mike_dub on the field vs Midtown Bolt on the CMB .... I like Mike_dub in this showdown.

Go Chargers!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Darn !
Truthfully, it's hard to over look a WR his size. If they do though, it will be great.
It's possible that DBs may underestimate Mike. School starts Sep 9. We'll see who schools whom.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Darn !
Truthfully, it's hard to over look a WR his size. If they do though, it will be great.
It's possible that DBs may underestimate Mike. School starts Sep 9. We'll see who schools whom.
Yep, it is a nice dream, but defences won't be covering MW with their 4th CB, or a LB......and nobody with a brain is underestimating him, they will see the film.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yep, it is a nice dream, but defences won't be covering MW with their 4th CB, or a LB......and nobody with a brain is underestimating him, they will see the film.
I know. Still, top CBs have some ego about them. Mike has the advantage of a QB who can throw him open and the size, strength & adequate speed to take advantage of it. I look forward to seeing them get to work.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Darn !
whom did MW schooled last year while he was on the field for 12+ games?