Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Free Chilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Legedu wants to know if you know who he is.
This post deserves more credit.
Well played sir.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
He made some nice catches vs Arizona and vs the Steelers. Hes not gonna make all of them. Also most receivers make their big jump in their 3rd year, especially in route running. He's still a growing player.
It is beyond me how anyone could be bagging on MDub at this point. This is essentially his 1st full season and he has 7 TDs... he only has 27 receptions. Slayer is going to continue to be the #1 guy... but IMO, MDub is maturing at a perfectly good rate. PFF has him rated as the 33rd best WR... and he is already a lot better than he was to start the year. Dude is a TD machine. Feed him in the EZ at the high-point and success will follow... Just what we need to make waves in the playoffs.

I mentioned that Coach Lynn was on Good Morning Football in the Bengal thread... but I for got to point out that he explicitly stated that the coaching staff looked for mismatches in each game and therefore, the number of target... I.e. who gets featured... should be expected to change each week. This makes the O difficult to defend. I hope it continues this way... the Pats have won for years by mixing it up... I would rather win than have prototypical #1 WR #s.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
He made some nice catches vs Arizona and vs the Steelers. Hes not gonna make all of them. Also most receivers make their big jump in their 3rd year, especially in route running. He's still a growing player.
Oh no, I agree with you. I just like to point out things that he can be doing better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
It's hard to be The Slayer but he did get some help on 9/9/18. Last year had a lot of differences in personnel.
Rec-Yds-TDs vs KC 9/9/18 - Rivers 34-418-3 (1 Int)
MGIII 9-102- 0
KA 8-108-1
MW 5-81-0
Ek 5-87-1
TW 2-8-1
VG 2-21-0
AG 2-16-0
TB 1-1-0
Obviously the defense had a rough outing in the KC 38- LAC 28 loss. I'd like to think we're a better D with James having a few games under his belt & Joey playing.
All of Mike's catches were late in the game when the outcome was already determined. When it was basically garbage time. Now it's time for him to really shine. This Thursday will be big.

Tyrell and Benjamin dropping balls was demoralizing and deflating. The coaches need to remind them of that first game. They've been coming on in recent weeks. We need them to build on their recent performances.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Obtain Glory

Going to need all Receivers to come up big day this Thursday. Similar to vs Steelers. Both Williams need to make all catches thrown to them, given Rivers hits them with a decent/catchable throw. Will like to see some increase targets to Benjamin, been playing better of late. I feel with both our star RB's out. I expect Chargers to throw more like 60-40. I'm hoping OL holds their end and keep Rivers upright and open up holes to Jackson. Big game, Chargers need this win.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:40 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
All of Mike's catches were late in the game when the outcome was already determined. When it was basically garbage time. Now it's time for him to really shine. This Thursday will be big.

Tyrell and Benjamin dropping balls was demoralizing and deflating. The coaches need to remind them of that first game. They've been coming on in recent weeks. We need them to build on their recent performances.

Stop.

Just stop, already.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:29 PM
I be humbolt

Mike Williams is improving, but I still think he is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes he catches everything in his radius. Sometimes he doesn't.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

KC has the league worst D in passing yards allowed but has a very good pass rush. There's the reason that the slot & RB were majority targets in game 1. Get the ball out quick.
Getting TW, MW & TB more involved will take some creative routes & play action. They'll get some targets but it won't be a majority. Hopefully they are big plays.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Stop.

Just stop, already.

Don't think so? Then tell me what you saw in that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
KC has the league worst D in passing yards allowed but has a very good pass rush. There's the reason that the slot & RB were majority targets in game 1. Get the ball out quick.
Getting TW, MW & TB more involved will take some creative routes & play action. They'll get some targets but it won't be a majority. Hopefully they are big plays.
Reid and Sutton are going to try to take out Allen. KA is going to get double teams. So it's vital for the other 3 to make the plays needed.

Neutralizing KC's pass rush with short passes will open those doors. The TEs and RBs can do that. Other factors like the run game and how well Rivers protection is will be huge.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Don't think so? Then tell me what you saw in that game.

Reid and Sutton are going to try to take out Allen. KA is going to get double teams. So it's vital for the other 3 to make the plays needed.

Neutralizing KC's pass rush with short passes will open those doors. The TEs and RBs can do that. Other factors like the run game and how well Rivers protection is will be huge.
Works for us. 2 guys who can't cover him, trying to do so really opens up our offense.