Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2018, 04:15 PM
I be humbolt

Mike Williams became the WR we were expecting him to be when he was drafted No. 7 overall last year. It took him some time, but it looks like he is going to be a defense wrecker. Let's hope he is consistent.

Tyrell Williams had 6 catches for 71 yards, with a long of 26. Not a bad night. He made some nice grabs. The INT was not his fault - it was under-thrown. The drop in the end zone - he was being held. Still, he doesn't seem to be playing with high confidence lately. I think he got hurt and still may be playing through it. It's good that he picked up the slack early in the season when MW wasn't doing much, now that TW might be struggling MW is balling.

Keenan Allen needs to stop making those leaps where his body slams to the turf. Just like a QB or even a RB has to be smart about taking hits that are going to cause injury. The play where he injured his hip last night looked like the play he made in 2015 that lacerated his kidney. Play smart KA.

Travie Benjamin proved he belongs on this team last night. He took some shots but hung on. As noted, he's egg-sited about being in the playoffs for the first time ever, and not just on any playoff team, a team that is vying for the No. 1 seed. I eggs-spect to see more good things from him in the final few games and the playoffs.

Dylan Cantrell - it would be nice to see him get some playing time. Maybe in Denver if all the playoff spots are locked up.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
The big question is whether Mike Williams is still a bust.

Fixed it for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Never mind KA. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII have been saying, no one is 4-5 deep at WR like we are.
Yep. Deepest WR core in the league. Add to that our running backs who can receive.

It's paying off.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Mike Williams became the WR we were expecting him to be when he was drafted No. 7 overall last year. It took him some time, but it looks like he is going to be a defense wrecker. Let's hope he is consistent.

Tyrell Williams had 6 catches for 71 yards, with a long of 26. Not a bad night. He made some nice grabs. The INT was not his fault - it was under-thrown. The drop in the end zone - he was being held. Still, he doesn't seem to be playing with high confidence lately. I think he got hurt and still may be playing through it. It's good that he picked up the slack early in the season when MW wasn't doing much, now that TW might be struggling MW is balling.

Keenan Allen needs to stop making those leaps where his body slams to the turf. Just like a QB or even a RB has to be smart about taking hits that are going to cause injury. The play where he injured his hip last night looked like the play he made in 2015 that lacerated his kidney. Play smart KA.

Travie Benjamin proved he belongs on this team last night. He took some shots but hung on. As noted, he's egg-sited about being in the playoffs for the first time ever, and not just on any playoff team, a team that is vying for the No. 1 seed. I eggs-spect to see more good things from him in the final few games and the playoffs.

Dylan Cantrell - it would be nice to see him get some playing time. Maybe in Denver if all the playoff spots are locked up.
Allen is lucky it was grass last night in the cold he landed on, not the fuzzy cement they play on in Baltimore. I think that was the big difference in the damage or lack thereof with his injury last night.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:50 PM
All-Pro

Man props to Benjamin, he really stepped up last night!
Old 12-14-2018, 05:14 PM

Nate Burleson has been praising our wr group since the start of the season. We are deep. We are so deep that we can keep a number 4 wr to stay just to make a big play here and there. That's the luxury of being deep.

I'm happy whenever any Charger can shine. Do I still like bigger wr, yes. That is really the only thing that bothers me about Travis. Well that and punt returns.

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 12-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

31 targets - 18 catches - 338 - 5 TDs for Mike Williams in his first 8 games this year. (This is through week 9, including our bye week)

36 targets - 22 catches - 451 - 5 TDs for Tyrell Williams in his first 8 games this year. (This is through week 9, including our bye week)

So with 5 more targets and 4 more catches Tyrell got 113 more yards. Sorry but stop trying to paint the picture that Tyrell Williams blew Mike Williams blew out in production. Seems to me you’re letting Tyrell’s explosion vs Cleveland and Tennessee cloud your mind. Also I love how Tyrell gets a pass for dropping a ball in the end zone where his jersey was being grabbed....while Mike Williams got some flack from you for dropping a TD vs the Titans while having a defender draped on his back.

Again as always this is not a Tyrell vs Mike thing. This is more of a you having rose colored colored glasses for Tyrell while being harder on Mike. Heck, “let’s hope Mike is consistent” but when Tyrell started catching contested passes and had a big stat line be Ceveland and then Tennessee you were ready to crown him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Travis has been a whipping boy of negativity on this board for most of the season. Great catches one where he was blasted by two players and held onto the ball. The other was beautiful dime by Rivers and Benjamin caught it while covered. Amazing catch and run to keep the drive going. Commendable Travis. Way to step up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikCharger760 View Post
Man props to Benjamin, he really stepped up last night!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:14 PM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
Again as always this is not a Tyrell vs Mike thing.
You are the only one here making it that.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You are the only one here making it that.
Okay, let’s go there. Point regardless is this. You have rose colored glasses for Tyrell and Mike Williams is peg down.

“It took him some time to get there, but it looks like he’s gonna be a game wrecker”

We all know you think think Tyrell is already a game wrecker. So I point to stats at how off you’ve been. And those rose color glasses. Seeing if you wanna own up to that.