Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Thank you for this !
Eye had a great laugh.

sj. Sorely missed.

White Lightning sighting.
Meteoric, yet great poster.

LOL.

Freak saying nothing,
so he can later say
"I called it"
and/or
"It wasn't me."

Of course frozen declared that "it's not even close,"
although he had no idea what "it's" was...
oh no, they're on to me
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
We don't know how much his agents are looking for him. I would gamble if it was a low cost option. And he did not fit Norv's old offense at all. He would do much better in an offense similar to ours, or Shumur's where the passing game is less vertical. He's definitely a better option than Cardale or Clemens at backup QB.
was reading a Pro Football Weekly article the other day that ventured that the Vikes might not be so keen to resign him ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCharge View Post
Oh i definitely agree that he's a better option over Clemons and Cardale but if we go in on him. I hope he's getting the roster spot as a means to take over Rivers rather than to sit on the bench just to have the front office take a QB in the draft to compete with him after Rivers retires. The guy isn't a back up QB and I believe that he deserves to start but just not for us.
think that's the rub.... no questions asked 'bout whether he'd be a good backup QB.... the question is he worth the risk as a potential/possible starter ?? (best thing, speaking for myself, is that in theory we could forego drafting a QB w/Teddy B. on the roster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
No, he doesn't. He's actually been pretty durable until that 2016 freak injury. Unfortunately, that lone injury is tough to overlook because it was thought to be a career ender. But to be fair, people thought Brees' injury could have been a career ender as well.

I definitely liked him coming out of the draft especially his command at LOS, and ability to go through progressions and read defenses. The problem was that he didn't really fit Norv's archaic system. If he had stayed healthy, I think he would have definitely shined in Shurmur's.
agree, think he's worth a shot, and think you might be able to sign him for a cool $6m ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Hall of Famer

If we could sign Teddy for 6 mill, id hope we would do that. Im sure other teams would be willing to pay more though, but 6 mill is about what we paid Antonio Gates. At this point, Id rather be paying Teddy the money and with that we can let Cardale and Clemons walk.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:58 PM
& ramblin' man

from what I can gather some peoples are putting the market value on Bridgewater 'round $8m.... I'd offer him $2m less and see what happens.... ditto for Star btw, as have seen a little over $8m as his projected salary range, and.... would feel better 'bout him at a couple mil less.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Mo’ Hurts

It’s bad timing, I would be down to take a flyer on him if I thought Rivers was 1-2 years away from retirement... but I think he’s 3-4 years away.
4. Juan Thornhill, S
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Brett Rypien, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, DB Rollins

Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 AM
Hall of Famer

The man still walks with a limp.
By all means sign him...
jordan brailford EDGE okstate
dante olson LB mont