Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2018, 03:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Hate to see a blown call decide a game. Pat was signing for calls first half Rivers did the same in the closing seconds. Easy to say that now but in the moment he was only being himself.

Of course poise over passion rules out in those situations. Good experience for us as we head to the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Called at the perfect time before a delay of game penalty would have been called. Rivers wasted the clock for the next play trying to plead his case until the play clock ran out.

Rivers has to stop doing that.

Lynn could not have thrown a red flag for a helmet to helmet review. The next play want on, the play clock counted down.

If Rivers helmet was cracked in half and the refs missed it...don't stop the game on your own, Rivers. You're not in command.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:28 AM
19 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Rivers easily could have cost us this game. He burned a timeout trying fruitlessly to plead his case about that helmet to helmet hit. Philip being Philip. No more of that please. Yes, he had a case for it, only... carry on. Don't waste a timeout. Gimmie a break Rivers. You've had these brain freezes in the past.

Philip...deal with any injustices after that game, not during it.

Savvy?

Well I see you're back to complaining. Are you really gonna complain about the win? I guess some just can't stop doing what they do best.

What was it? 33 posts in the gameday thread?? All of them (I'm sure) were negative. After the win I saw 7 or 8 in the post game thread all of them Rah Rah. Now it's Sunday and you're back to you. Joy for us.

Last edited by perryao; 12-16-2018 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: expletive filter.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Hey.... so being at the game we don't get the joy of replays of each big play.... on the chiefs second to last drive where they scored the TD to go up 28-14.... we had them stopped on two occasions and then there were two flags... the first one was a facemask by Joey Bosa and then the second one was a holding on Desmond King....

Were those legit or were they BS calls?

Thanks Bolt Fam!

Bolt Up! Bag Up!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Old 12-16-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Hey.... so being at the game we don't get the joy of replays of each big play.... on the chiefs second to last drive where they scored the TD to go up 28-14.... we had them stopped on two occasions and then there were two flags... the first one was a facemask by Joey Bosa and then the second one was a holding on Desmond King....

Were those legit or were they BS calls?

Thanks Bolt Fam!

Bolt Up! Bag Up!
Both were not legit, imo. They called the face mask on Bosa but they meant Jones. He did NOT grab the facemask or even make illegal contact, imo. King, did nothing that you don't see a huge majority of every pass play in the NFL.

There was one other holding on that drive, iirc. I don't think that one was legit either.

Having said that, the defensive holding called on the Chiefs down near the goal line during the last drive didn't look legit to me either. The refs had a really rough game.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Costa Boy View Post
Well I see you're back to complaining. Are you really gonna complain about the win? I guess some just can't stop doing what they do best.

What was it? 33 posts in the gameday thread?? All of them (I'm sure) were negative. After the win I saw 7 or 8 in the post game thread all of them Rah Rah. Now it's Sunday and you're back to you. Joy for us.
Not only that but you cannot throw the challenge flag to review a non called penalty. Sheesh people, think before you post.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer

The Chargers have been heated for a couple of early movement by the OT that lead to a touchdown. Well, there was an early movement by the RT on the play when Rivers got intercepted in the endzone. The refs didn't call that, and I don't see anybody complaining about it.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
I'm pretty sure a player can call time out too. Can't find it in the rule book, which is odd.
Oh, the player can still call it, and itís mostly when a QB is at the line and he notices confusion among players regarding the play. Having said that, the head coach has taken over that task. IMO it was Lynnís responsibly in that situation when it came to using the last time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
Not only that but you cannot throw the challenge flag to review a non called penalty. Sheesh people, think before you post.
Even if you were allowed to throw it for a game action penalty, it was the last two minutes of the half. No challenges allowed, all decisions are made from NY.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Both were not legit, imo. They called the face mask on Bosa but they meant Jones. He did NOT grab the facemask or even make illegal contact, imo. King, did nothing that you don't see a huge majority of every pass play in the NFL.

There was one other holding on that drive, iirc. I don't think that one was legit either.

Having said that, the defensive holding called on the Chiefs down near the goal line during the last drive didn't look legit to me either. The refs had a really rough game.
Those calls on the Chiefs TD drive were very discouraging. We had them stopped on 3rd down a few times only for the refs to bail them out with flags. Credit to the team for hanging in. As Lynn says, we donít make excuses.

It was Jones not Bosa and his hand brushed the front of Mahomes face mask when Mahomes ducked. Didnít grab it, didnít latch on nothing. Inadvertent. The King call was equally ridiculous. No hold, tug or grab.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Those calls on the Chiefs TD drive were very discouraging. We had them stopped on 3rd down a few times only for the refs to bail them out with flags. Credit to the team for hanging in. As Lynn says, we donít make excuses.

It was Jones not Bosa and his hand brushed the front of Mahomes face mask when Mahomes ducked. Didnít grab it, didnít latch on nothing. Inadvertent. The King call was equally ridiculous. No hold, tug or grab.
Yeah. The refs threw us a bone a couple times but it was a rough outing for the officials. We won in spite of that.