Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 12-22-2018, 05:45 PM
BleuMoon's Avatar
BleuMoon BleuMoon is offline
Didn't see that coming...
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Anyone think we could/should make a run at Kenny Clark this off-season? He's pretty good. He's similar size to Mebane. He went to college in LA. He'll only be 23/24 next season so he had the ability to put on strength still.
Don't be surprised if Suh ends up staying in LA next season. He'll be an LA Charger
__________________
Calling it. April 9th, 2018. Chargers vs Saints Superbowl. Rivers finally beats Brees and gets a ring.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 PM
beachcomber's Avatar
beachcomber beachcomber is offline
& ramblin' man
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal
Posts: 622
Default

Alex Boone ??
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
SDynasty858's Avatar
SDynasty858 SDynasty858 is offline
Die Hard Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,927
Default

Alright. Already looking to offseason with this embarrassing showing against the Pats. I hope chargers look to get stud Safety and MLB. Mosley and Landon Collins anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 PM
meatbucket's Avatar
meatbucket meatbucket is offline
Vegeterian Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: no cal
Posts: 1,572
Default

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019...e-agents-list/

Not a lot of OL... looks like we’ll be drafting a RT
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Boltinloudguy Boltinloudguy is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 31
Default

Very simple if aggressive! After releasing Addae, Benjamin and Liuget. That will free up 18 more mil on top of the 25 they have already. They can sign S Earl Thomas, RT Ja’Waun James, DT Danny Shelton, DT Bennie Logan, ILB Preston Brown, WR Kevin White, WR John Brown. Draft OG Cody Ford, ILB/OLB Germain Pratt, DT Reshard Lawerance. Resign Darius Philon, Isaac Rochell. They really need to focus on both lines. And I think Lynn knows that.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
r0j0 r0j0 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
Very simple if aggressive! After releasing Addae, Benjamin and Liuget. That will free up 18 more mil on top of the 25 they have already. They can sign S Earl Thomas, RT Ja’Waun James, DT Danny Shelton, DT Bennie Logan, ILB Preston Brown, WR Kevin White, WR John Brown. Draft OG Cody Ford, ILB/OLB Germain Pratt, DT Reshard Lawerance. Resign Darius Philon, Isaac Rochell. They really need to focus on both lines. And I think Lynn knows that.
I agree with cutting ties with Liuget and Addae.

Liuget will be 29 next season and frees up 8 million in cap space with only 1.5 million in dead money. Seems quite logical.

Same with Addae, 5 million with only 1 million in dead money.

Benjamin is a little trickier because of the fact that TWill is free agent you lose both of them and then who do you have behind MWill and Allen? I know Benjamin did virtually nothing this year but I think that was more because he was pushed down to fourth string. He is only making 6 million and can bring a certain dimension to the offense that Allen and MWill can't.



I really want the Chargers to make a splash in free agency this year knowing that it is probably the last year of Rivers.

My wish list by positions of need on defense

DT:

Grady Jarrett; will probably cost a lot but he is a young stud that would instantly upgrade the biggest and most important need on defense.

LB: CJ Mosley; would give us an above average all around solid linebacker in the middle.

FS: Earl Thomas; familiar with Bradley, can still play at a high level.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:34 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,245
Default

There's an old saying in the NFL, as words of caution. TT knows this too:

Teams that splash in March, don't splash in January.

Keep a good core. Minimize FA. Draft well. That is winning teams formula.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
Mo’ Hurts
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
There's an old saying in the NFL, as words of caution. TT knows this too:

Teams that splash in March, don't splash in January.

Keep a good core. Minimize FA. Draft well. That is winning teams formula.
Tell that to Denver who won a SB after making a splash in March.

Going big is fine, but you have to time your capital cycle with your organic talent cycle... when your team is organically good enough to be a legitimate playoff contender, then making a splash in the short term to put your team over the top is fine. But it does come with long term cap challenges.

The issue is that a lot of the teams that do this don’t have a base, organic playoff contending team (I.e. the Jags for years, the Dolphins, or the Giants when they dropped like $100m/yr in FA with having a horrible team).
__________________
1. Jerry Tillery, DT
2. Calvin Throckmorton, OT
3. Shareef Miller, Edge
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Tell that to Denver who won a SB after making a splash in March.

Going big is fine, but you have to time your capital cycle with your organic talent cycle... when your team is organically good enough to be a legitimate playoff contender, then making a splash in the short term to put your team over the top is fine. But it does come with long term cap challenges.

The issue is that a lot of the teams that do this don’t have a base, organic playoff contending team (I.e. the Jags for years, the Dolphins, or the Giants when they dropped like $100m/yr in FA with having a horrible team).
You know what I Amazing I, we can always do "tell that to the one oddball in history that pulled it off" jazz. Not only are you way smarter than that, its beneath you. It is not the way to do it, the odds are greatly greatly against you, and that is why most teams avoid it.

The Raiders sign the most FA's, and you have seen what they get for it every year. The Philly Dream Team was loaded with FA's, fail.

One of the good ones doing it I would say is the Rams. But you have to have a QB under a rookie contract to be able to afford it. I think Sean McVay is the difference there.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 5,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
You know what I Amazing I, we can always do "tell that to the one oddball in history that pulled it off" jazz. Not only are you way smarter than that, its beneath you. It is not the way to do it, the odds are greatly greatly against you, and that is why most teams avoid it.

The Raiders sign the most FA's, and you have seen what they get for it every year. The Philly Dream Team was loaded with FA's, fail.

One of the good ones doing it I would say is the Rams. But you have to have a QB under a rookie contract to be able to afford it. I think Sean McVay is the difference there.
What FA out there wants to win a championship? That's what Lynn and TT will look for. Something that past Chargers teams didn't have the appeal of.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.