Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Didn't see that coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Anyone think we could/should make a run at Kenny Clark this off-season? He's pretty good. He's similar size to Mebane. He went to college in LA. He'll only be 23/24 next season so he had the ability to put on strength still.
Don't be surprised if Suh ends up staying in LA next season. He'll be an LA Charger
Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 PM
& ramblin' man

Alex Boone ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Die Hard Fan

Alright. Already looking to offseason with this embarrassing showing against the Pats. I hope chargers look to get stud Safety and MLB. Mosley and Landon Collins anyone?
Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Vegeterian Veteran

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019...e-agents-list/

Not a lot of OL... looks like we’ll be drafting a RT
Old 01-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Rookie

Very simple if aggressive! After releasing Addae, Benjamin and Liuget. That will free up 18 more mil on top of the 25 they have already. They can sign S Earl Thomas, RT Ja’Waun James, DT Danny Shelton, DT Bennie Logan, ILB Preston Brown, WR Kevin White, WR John Brown. Draft OG Cody Ford, ILB/OLB Germain Pratt, DT Reshard Lawerance. Resign Darius Philon, Isaac Rochell. They really need to focus on both lines. And I think Lynn knows that.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
Very simple if aggressive! After releasing Addae, Benjamin and Liuget. That will free up 18 more mil on top of the 25 they have already. They can sign S Earl Thomas, RT Ja’Waun James, DT Danny Shelton, DT Bennie Logan, ILB Preston Brown, WR Kevin White, WR John Brown. Draft OG Cody Ford, ILB/OLB Germain Pratt, DT Reshard Lawerance. Resign Darius Philon, Isaac Rochell. They really need to focus on both lines. And I think Lynn knows that.
I agree with cutting ties with Liuget and Addae.

Liuget will be 29 next season and frees up 8 million in cap space with only 1.5 million in dead money. Seems quite logical.

Same with Addae, 5 million with only 1 million in dead money.

Benjamin is a little trickier because of the fact that TWill is free agent you lose both of them and then who do you have behind MWill and Allen? I know Benjamin did virtually nothing this year but I think that was more because he was pushed down to fourth string. He is only making 6 million and can bring a certain dimension to the offense that Allen and MWill can't.

I really want the Chargers to make a splash in free agency this year knowing that it is probably the last year of Rivers.

My wish list by positions of need on defense

DT:

Grady Jarrett; will probably cost a lot but he is a young stud that would instantly upgrade the biggest and most important need on defense.

LB: CJ Mosley; would give us an above average all around solid linebacker in the middle.

FS: Earl Thomas; familiar with Bradley, can still play at a high level.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:34 AM
Power of 51

There's an old saying in the NFL, as words of caution. TT knows this too:

Teams that splash in March, don't splash in January.

Keep a good core. Minimize FA. Draft well. That is winning teams formula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
There's an old saying in the NFL, as words of caution. TT knows this too:

Teams that splash in March, don't splash in January.

Keep a good core. Minimize FA. Draft well. That is winning teams formula.
Tell that to Denver who won a SB after making a splash in March.

Going big is fine, but you have to time your capital cycle with your organic talent cycle... when your team is organically good enough to be a legitimate playoff contender, then making a splash in the short term to put your team over the top is fine. But it does come with long term cap challenges.

The issue is that a lot of the teams that do this don’t have a base, organic playoff contending team (I.e. the Jags for years, the Dolphins, or the Giants when they dropped like $100m/yr in FA with having a horrible team).
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Tell that to Denver who won a SB after making a splash in March.

Going big is fine, but you have to time your capital cycle with your organic talent cycle... when your team is organically good enough to be a legitimate playoff contender, then making a splash in the short term to put your team over the top is fine. But it does come with long term cap challenges.

The issue is that a lot of the teams that do this don’t have a base, organic playoff contending team (I.e. the Jags for years, the Dolphins, or the Giants when they dropped like $100m/yr in FA with having a horrible team).
You know what I Amazing I, we can always do "tell that to the one oddball in history that pulled it off" jazz. Not only are you way smarter than that, its beneath you. It is not the way to do it, the odds are greatly greatly against you, and that is why most teams avoid it.

The Raiders sign the most FA's, and you have seen what they get for it every year. The Philly Dream Team was loaded with FA's, fail.

One of the good ones doing it I would say is the Rams. But you have to have a QB under a rookie contract to be able to afford it. I think Sean McVay is the difference there.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
You know what I Amazing I, we can always do "tell that to the one oddball in history that pulled it off" jazz. Not only are you way smarter than that, its beneath you. It is not the way to do it, the odds are greatly greatly against you, and that is why most teams avoid it.

The Raiders sign the most FA's, and you have seen what they get for it every year. The Philly Dream Team was loaded with FA's, fail.

One of the good ones doing it I would say is the Rams. But you have to have a QB under a rookie contract to be able to afford it. I think Sean McVay is the difference there.
What FA out there wants to win a championship? That's what Lynn and TT will look for. Something that past Chargers teams didn't have the appeal of.