Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Dago81Sd's Avatar
Dago81Sd Dago81Sd is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 2,570
Default Chargers updated Depth Chart? What do you guys think?

I found this link, and I pretty much agree! How do you see our depth chart after today?

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SD




We have a lot of flexibility here! I can see us going 5 or 4 WR wide set at times with Floyd, Meachem, Royal/Vincent Brown/Gates or all one the field at the same time! I am liking how Defense's have to counter when we line up 3,4, or even 5 of these guys up.

Even in the I with just Floyd, Meachem & Gates. Go single tail back and throw a Royal/Vincent Brown into the mix! We got a solid group of guys here, best WR corps in years!

Vaughn Martin had a good season last year, will start. Brought back Castillo for depth, and now we have Reyes.

What do you see Ingram doing for us, where will he be lining up? He can move outside with Phillips on situational downs what about playing time? What about Reyes? With the addition of Ingram what does that mean for English? Some tough questions, and we got a lot of linebackers.

I am hoping we go after depth on the oline in the 3rd, but we might go best person available.

I wanna see Brandon Taylor take that spot away from Bigby.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dago81Sd; 04-28-2012 at 12:09 AM..
  #2  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 AM
JohnnyB1SD's Avatar
JohnnyB1SD JohnnyB1SD is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago81Sd View Post
I found this link, and I pretty much agree! How do you see our depth chart after today?

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SD




We have a lot of flexibility here! I can see us going 5 or 4 WR wide set at times with Floyd, Meachem, Royal/Vincent Brown/Gates or all one the field at the same time! I am liking how Defense's have to counter when we line up 3,4, or even 5 of these guys up.

Even in the I with just Floyd, Meachem & Gates. Go single tail back and throw a Royal/Vincent Brown into the mix! We got a solid group of guys here, best WR corps in years!

Vaughn Martin had a good season last year, will start. Brought back Castillo for depth, and now we have Reyes.

What do you see Ingram doing for us, where will he be lining up? He can move outside with Phillips on situational downs what about playing time? What about Reyes? With the addition of Ingram what does that mean for English? Some tough questions, and we got a lot of linebackers.

I am hoping we go after depth on the oline in the 3rd, but we might go best person available.

I wanna see take that spot away from Bigby.
Bro we took a SS in the 3rd
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A Bree's jeresy never looked so good.

"Luck, is when, preparation meets opportunity" John Wooden


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R.I.P.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



  #3  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Boltbaby's Avatar
Boltbaby Boltbaby is offline
UnModerated
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Medford
Posts: 4,764
Default

I thought Dombo was going to be a guard this year, wouldn't he backup Green? Seems like they would have Henderson backing up Gaither and Shilling backing up Clary.

And according to Norval, Stuckey will back up Weddle and Taylor will backup Bigby.

And Ingram will return kicks
__________________
Still a Charger Fan, How About You?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Boltbaby; 04-28-2012 at 12:26 AM..
  #4  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Dago81Sd's Avatar
Dago81Sd Dago81Sd is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 2,570
Default

Henderson might not even make the roster. That guy lost his spot in 2010 and didn't even play in 2011 being "out of shape". Hey not to mention he got arrested for a conceal weapon! Character guys AJ? We must be DESPERATE for O-line.

If we are that desperate, why not trade up in the 4th and grab Bobby Massie? HE was projected to go in the 2nd.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 AM
meachmayne meachmayne is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: vista
Posts: 329
Default

does anyone think parrish has a chance to be higher than backup KR/PR and 3rd string RWR?
  #6  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Dago81Sd's Avatar
Dago81Sd Dago81Sd is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 2,570
Default

He will compete with Goodman. Probably release one of them right? Carry three pr/kr guys?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #7  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:45 AM
BOLTZ55 BOLTZ55 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,388
Default

That looks about right with Reyes , Ingram and Mouton getting serious passing down snaps.
  #8  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
ChargerJim's Avatar
ChargerJim ChargerJim is offline
Player to be named later
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Temecula (Native San Diegan)
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago81Sd View Post
Henderson might not even make the roster. That guy lost his spot in 2010 and didn't even play in 2011 being "out of shape". Hey not to mention he got arrested for a conceal weapon! Character guys AJ? We must be DESPERATE for O-line.

If we are that desperate, why not trade up in the 4th and grab Bobby Massie? HE was projected to go in the 2nd.
I like Bobbie Massie as well! ! ! VERY surprised the Chargers passed on him. I think he could have competed for a starting position.
  #9  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
JammerHammer23's Avatar
JammerHammer23 JammerHammer23 is offline
Draft This Man
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ???
Posts: 24,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerJim View Post
I like Bobbie Massie as well! ! ! VERY surprised the Chargers passed on him. I think he could have competed for a starting position.
I like Massie, but he really didn't have good tape and he can play very soft. All the physical tools, maybe weak mental tools. We'll see.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
  #10  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
ShocKWavE's Avatar
ShocKWavE ShocKWavE is offline
Betrayed
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,225
Default

All things considered, I think we have done a great job of committing to putting together a winning team. The position players are there. Hopefully the receiving core will gel. It's really going to come down to whether or not we can control the line on both sides of the ball.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.