Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydouble View Post
gonna make a new one after today with the denver d as the logo.........

Is it done yet!!??!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Even if Manning wins the SB this year, he still won't be the greatest QB of all time. His playoff numbers don't support it.

Look at Montana's numbers in SB games for instance - 11 TD to 0 INT ratio and 127 QB rating.

The league and it's rules favor a pass happy league these days - silly record breaking stats. In addition having kick offs start further out, favors more lengthy offensive drives and more offensive possessions (limiting the number of return TD's). Is anyone surprised all these records are being broken?
Old 01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
Even if Manning wins the SB this year, he still won't be the greatest QB of all time. His playoff numbers don't support it.
Potato head is not even the greatest QB in Colts history (Johnny Unitas was) and he will never ever remotely come close to being the best ever in Denver. Elway is. It's him taken two years with playoff games at home along with byes to match Tim Tebow's single year road playoff record for denver.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjim View Post
Potato head is not even the greatest QB in Colts history (Johnny Unitas was) and he will never ever remotely come close to being the best ever in Denver. Elway is. It's him taken two years with playoff games at home along with byes to match Tim Tebow's single year road playoff record for denver.
Agree with ya. Elway was leaps and bounds ahead. And that's even with Manning getting all the free pick plays from the refs lol

LOL @ the Tebow comparison. Funny stuff dude.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjim View Post
Really? Elway better than Manning? Hmmm...I don't think so. Surely, Elways will always have the greater Broncos legacy...but, Elway better than Manning? I disagree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
January Jumping

Well if he comes back for another year, which he would be silly not to as he is still playing really well, then Chargers could face him twice again in 2014!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Veteran

I remember when the last time we played peyton manning on the colts roster we kept sacking him but before our defense was even touching him he was flinching!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Hall of Famer

I don't remember the Chargers sacking Manning all that much. I remember Manning throwing picks and being otherwise fustrated, confused, and dismayed.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
I don't remember the Chargers sacking Manning all that much. I remember Manning throwing picks and being otherwise fustrated, confused, and dismayed.
yea I think they only sacked him like 2 times if I not mistaking but those hits got him scared