Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Normally, I wouldn't trust Wisconsin RBs, but Ball is different. He's not just a product of the line, he has excellent vision. Not going to be amazing, but in the right system, he could be really good.

Gerhart was a decent athlete, but he was an awkward runner IMO. Taylor is kind of like Gore (saw the comparison elsewhere, I liked it)

And I don't know why people think we should just throw Rivers away.
My thinking is/was that we have red zone troubles. Ball is a solid RB and can be dependable in those areas unlike Mathews.

I think two of our first three picks need to be spent on the o-line. Smith seems to have a good eye in the early rounds when it comes to o-line man (unless he is fired of course).
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
On top of that, good luck getting a coach if you dump Rivers. The only reason why San Diego is going to be a desirable place for any coach is due to the fact they already have a QB in place.

Honestly, Rivers right now reminds me of Favre in the late 90's to the early 2000's. People always say Favre became more reckless after Holmgren left, but the truth of the matter is the talent level on those Packer teams started to decline by that time period. It no shocker that Favre had a resurgent year in 2007 due to the fact the Packers talent level picked up.
He reminds me of Drew Bledsoe right now actually watching how mobile he is.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
While I like Thomas, he strikes me as a LOLB at the next level, and not a guy who will find much success rushing against left tackles. He doesn't have much burst off the line. Good prospect, but not the pass rusher we need.

Ball is overrated. I don't trust backs from systems like Wisconsin's. And Aboushi is a fringe first round pick IMO, not a third rounder.

Taylor is a solid back, but we've seen guys flourish in Stanford's system who aren't really spectacular at the next level (Gerhart). If you want a guy to come in and compete with Mathews, I think Gillislee's a better fit. He has low mileage, a good size/speed combo, and great vision.

I hope we don't trade back in the first, because this team needs quality, not quantity. We need one of the top OT's, or a really good pass rusher. But whether or not we trade back in a later round I have no clue or inclination.

Te'o belongs in a 4-3. And, though I have great respect for him as a great player, inside linebackers just aren't premium commodities in the NFL. They're like guards... you can get really good ones outside of the first round (Butler being a prime example), so why spend your top picks on one?
Gillislee is pretty explosive but I don't think we go that high for a RB because I expect him to blaze the 40. Taylor has ran behind the Stanford O line even after DeCastro and Martin left. I think Taylor is just a good RB. It might be because I watch a lot of Stanford games but I just believe he will do well in the NFL. He would be nice insurance in case Mathews continues fumbling and becoming injured.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMelHo View Post
Gillislee is pretty explosive but I don't think we go that high for a RB because I expect him to blaze the 40. Taylor has ran behind the Stanford O line even after DeCastro and Martin left. I think Taylor is just a good RB. It might be because I watch a lot of Stanford games but I just believe he will do well in the NFL. He would be nice insurance in case Mathews continues fumbling and becoming injured.
Could be that Taylor is legit. I wouldn't be mad about it. But Stanford's line is really darn good, even after losing DeCastro and Martin. David Yankey and Cameron Fleming are both pro tackle prospects.

I also don't mind Cierre Wood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Draft This Man

Plus Peat is a 5 star recruit playing well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Green text is the worst

One great thing about picking high in each round is that good prospects expected to go in any given round almost always trickle into the top ten picks of the next one.

In 2012 you had Courtney Upshaw at 35, Derek Wolfe at 36, Andre Branch at 38, Cordy Glenn at 41, Jonathan Martin at 42, Stephen Hill at 43, Kendall Reyes at 49, Devon Still at 53, and Peter Konz at 55. Those players were all getting 1st round buzz at one point or another (granted some deserved it more than others).

In 2011 it was Aaron Williams at 34, Brooks Reed at 42, Kyle Rudolph at 43, Stefen Wisniewski at 48, Marvin Austin at 52, Stephen Paea at 53, Mikel Leshoure at 57, and Randall Cobb at 64.

My point being, if we have a good slot we should have a very good shot at landing two players who can make a rookie impact without trading down, much like we did this last year with Ingram and Reyes.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Im not as informed as most on here about the right players to go after and all the names, but I am hoping for some combination of 2 OLine and a pass rusher in rounds 1-3. Hopefully, 2 Oline ready to go. If he is around, which I doubt cus he'll probably get hyped up pre draft, but I wouldn't mind gambling on Mathieu in the 4th. I still think we need a cb in FA, but I like his upside and taking him out the bayou could help him focus. There are planty of tempting rbs in the draft, but without the guys to open the holes, i dont think it matters who we have back there.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Green text is the worst

Most offensive linemen outside of the first round struggle mightily when asked to start as rookies. A first round pick and a FA would be a better way to address the line.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

If philly wins, where would we be picking if the season ended today?

Meh
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
If philly wins, where would we be picking if the season ended today?
No idea, but Philly's schedule is tough the rest of the season.

Tampa Bay, Bengals, Washington, and NYG for them.

Starting next week it's Pit, Car, NYJ, Oak for the Chargers.

Edit: Dallas just tied the game.