Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Now watching him, i'm not sure how much superior Lewan's Strength is to Fishers. I think it is superior, but i think his attitude and technique in run blocking makes him look more impressive than it actually is.

Once again, whenever he run blocks, or at least a large portion of it, he's lunging at his man, making it very east to shed his blocks, and is why you see him fall down way too much.

The biggest problem that i see is that, waist bending is the first problem that should be fixed, even in college. This is one of the few areas that he hasn't shown much improvement in. The problem is that with guys that tall, if they aren't natural knee benders, it is HARD work to fix it, and usually you lose a lot of your power when you do. When he lunges, he's getting his entire body going forward, and also is getting low, but is also putting his head down and if he's even slightly off he's an easy block to slip off of.

Another problem switching techniques, especially with player that tall, is that you dont get the leverage that you had when you were simply lunging, and is harder to sink that low when knee bending.

Just taht alone scares me way too much to consider Lewan a top 15 prospect, where that is a problem that Fisher is completely relieved of, since he is such a natural knee bender.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
#2: I completely disagree, Fisher is on a different level when he's blocking on the 2nd level (wow that worked out weirdly). He's so comfortable blocking in space, on LB's or DBs. He's one of the better players i've watched in that area. I dont think Lewan is close to him in this aspect. Lewan still looks awkward in space to me, this year included.

I've seen plenty of times where Lewan is beat off the snap. I would post some videos at specific times where it happens, but i'm way to lazy to go pick out those times and rewatch all the videos. Fisher gets beat off the snap less, but every OT will be beat off the snap every now and then, Fisher seems much better at recovering. And I agree, since 3 of my top 5 OT's have that problem (Lewan, Joeckel, Matthews), that a good bit of the time they are not truly tested because DE's are playing contain. It may be that Fishers recognition is quicker than Lewans, so he can get out there easier, on delays or outside blitzes, but i feel that its mostly the ability to get out there Lewan is lacking.

#4: I definitely didn't say that, cuz i remember not watching that and reading the same comment and saying, huh i should watch that game, and still haven't thuroughly watched it, unless i was echoing something someone else said.

I guess we'll have to disagree with #5. I feel Fisher has the superior talent, but mostly has easier problems to correct.

Either way, i dont expect to see a OT in the first round from us, so i'm not sure how relevant this is...lol.
This is what I was referencing from my left tackle thread:

Maybe, i just dont think his quickness or feet are at the speed that he would need to have to be an NFL RT. His best position in the NFL is C and its not even close.

Lewań got LIT up by Bama last week by the way. And Wagoner isntvery good I've been watching a lot of Wiscy tape lately for Frederick, and Wagoner looks Bad...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
This is what I was referencing from my left tackle thread:

Maybe, i just dont think his quickness or feet are at the speed that he would need to have to be an NFL RT. His best position in the NFL is C and its not even close.

Lewań got LIT up by Bama last week by the way. And Wagoner isntvery good I've been watching a lot of Wiscy tape lately for Frederick, and Wagoner looks Bad...
Eh dont put words in my mouth...lol. But yeah, i never watched the game, so again, i must've been echoing it from someone else, since i remember hearing a lot of that on the twitter machine. I proally should have put in an apparently or something. Cuz i watched the game recently, and thought that he had a real solid game.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

I agree with sd61 here, and I think that's not going to change. Fisher is above Lewan in my rankings, has been for awhile. I keep flip flopping on Lewan and Aboushi, but I think Lewan is a superior prospect to Aboushi.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
I agree with sd61 here, and I think that's not going to change. Fisher is above Lewan in my rankings, has been for awhile. I keep flip flopping on Lewan and Aboushi, but I think Lewan is a superior prospect to Aboushi.
Eh, the top 3 are in their own level. Guys like Matthews, Aboushi are all a step behind or at least thats how i see it.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Green text is the worst

It's cool guys. This is what makes draft season (meaning April through March) interesting. Right now I stack them up: Joeckel, Lewan, Fisher, Matthews, Aboushi.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It's cool guys. This is what makes draft season (meaning April through March) interesting. Right now I stack them up: Joeckel, Lewan, Fisher, Matthews, Aboushi.
I got it the same way, except swapping the two we've been arguing about.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

I have it Joeckel, Fisher, Lewan, Aboushi, Matthews. As for tiers, I would agree, the first three are tier 1. Aboushi isn't there.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I have the exact same list.. But like I said, I will continue to grind on watching tapes on these guys to see if that changes.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Hall of Famer

those of you who think QB isnt a position of need..................in his prime with LT, Gates, VJ, Sproles, and a terrific OLine blocking for Rivers, he won us NOTHING>