Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
Maybe in Madden.

There is no way the Rams would have traded for Rivers with Bradford on the roster and a ton of holes.
Wait, the Rams weren't going to trade for another expensive QB and keep their other untradeable contract QB as well? Are you sure Game?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 12-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
You know as well as I do that he wasn't the problem on the teams that failed to win a championship. As a piece of the overall offense, he's proven to be among the best when he's had a supporting cast. So now that he doesn't have one, he's struggling. So your solution is to replace him? Where's the logic in that? Switch out the one piece that works when most of the others don't? Brilliant.

Bringing in a new QB (by the way, there are no good QB's in the FA market or any top end prospects in the draft class) would just be putting a new player behind the same terrible line to get killed every week. Fix the rest of the offense and see Rivers respond. If he doesn't, then you replace him when there are actually some decent options.

So in short, replacing a franchise quarterback when you have no better options... THAT would be the colossal mistake

That is the big question for next season isn't it - will the Rivers of old return or will his bonehead decision making continue. I hope he bounces back.
I hope the new GM (assuming AJ is gone) is a good strategic planner
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Vegeterian Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
those of you who think QB isnt a position of need..................in his prime with LT, Gates, VJ, Sproles, and a terrific OLine blocking for Rivers, he won us NOTHING>
the chargers have lost playoff games because of field goals that should have been made, head butts and interceptions (dray-flo and mcree) that shouldnt have been made. meanwhile, with LT sitting onthe sidelines rivers played a game with a blown ACL. not much in the history of this team before the last couple years has been rivers' fault. the O-line has been varrying degrees of good and bad (and in the last 2 years, absolutely horrible), but never "terrific". the right side in particular has always been suspect. there i s plenty of blame to go around before you would even start to mention rivers.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Here's my second go at a Charger's mock for this year's draft:

1. Eric Fisher OT
2. Desmond Trufant CB
3. Brandon Jenkins OLB
4. Ray Graham RB
5. Rick Wagner OT
6. Keith Price QB
7. Rodney Smith WR

Let me know what you guys think.

Meh

Last edited by chargermouse; 12-24-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
Here's my second go at a Charger's mock for this year's draft:

1. Eric Fisher OT
2. Desmond Trufant CB
3. Janoris Jenkins OLB
4. Ray Graham RB
5. Rick Wagner OT
6. Keith Price QB
7. Rodney Smith WR

Let me know what you guys think.
I like your mock, but I think you meant to write Brandon Jenkins haha.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Draft This Man

Or Jelani, but I doubt he declares. Not a huge fan of Trufant. Should be better corners around in the early second. Price also won't declare. He's also not very good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolfan11 View Post
I like your mock, but I think you meant to write Brandon Jenkins haha.
Doh! Yeah let me fix that haha

Meh
Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran

First we need to find out who is going to be coach and GM. As for the people saying trade Rivers, do a history check of Dan Fouts. Fouts was drafted in the third round of 73, Jonny U was brought in to help him along, (failed experiment). The same statements we hear today about Rivers was stated about Fouts, we didnít have net in those days so at work, in the watering holes, with neighbors, and in the stands at Charger games. Fouts got benched a couple of times, and that was it, he was as good as gone(to here the fans talk). Bill Walsh came in and coached him in 76 and we could see a glimmer of hope, but the glimmer faded some in 77, in 78 we got a new coach after a bad start to the season. By the end of 78 the glimmer had turned into a bright light, for the next few years the seats filled up for games, the crowds were happy and smiling, and the talk of the town was Chargers. We may have not won a SB, but we the fans got to watch some damn good Charger football. Get an O line as good as the one Fouts had and we will start seeing huge improvements fast.

Last edited by country boy; 12-24-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 PM

I would like for us to pick the 2 best available LT/LG in the first 2 rounds. I think that the 3rd round should find the best RT available. I do not care what then next rounds bring since it is all long shots from that point.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hall of Famer

As much as I would want the o-line 100% covered from LT to RT, I don't think the talent pool in this draft is good enough to go with o-line for the first 3 rounds. Too much defensive talent to skip over in the 2nd and 3rd rounds imo. I know they had 11 sacks yesterday, but if you build on that, this defense will give close games for Rivers to win.

OT
OLB/CB
OLB/CB based on what was taken in the 2nd

For the first three picks would be what I see as ideal. But if all three of the main OT's were taken before the Chargers pick in the first, I'd just go BPA OLB there (Ansah or Mingo if they slip). If neither of them are available, trade down. I do like Jenkins in the 3rd definitely (good call Kemp).

Worst case scenario where all picks are in the middle rounds, might be a very difficult draft though based on plenty mocks.

Last edited by physicsgeek; 12-24-2012 at 01:31 PM..