Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
I'll take a pass rushing OLB in the 2nd...even in the 1st if we end up out of the running for one of the top OTs. I've said it before...and others have as well...we start generating a pass rush like the Giants, whose DBs aren't even as good as ours, and our DBs are going to look way, way better. After QB, a top pass rusher is the most important player on a team...just ahead of OLT.
Yeah we've tried to get our pass rush back and it clearly isnt working so maybe we need to try another way
Old 12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Yeah we definitely shouldn't cut Hardwick. Clary, it would depend on how much we would save versus the cap hit. He could stick around as a backup I suppose. But in my opinion, based upon my own eyeball test, Hardwick is far from the biggest problem. He's definitely on the decline, but he's still decent enough that- when combined with the value of his calls at the line and getting protections right- he's worth the money.
I'd eat the money, and cut Hardwick after this season.

The late strip/sack/fumble vs. Cincy is the EXACT type play where some edge pressure by an OT gets the "stat" but the problem really was Hardwick on rollerskates so Rivers had nowhere to step up.

OT's get the blame by the announcers and fans, but Hardwick is the real problem on the OL.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
I'd eat the money, and cut Hardwick after this season.

The late strip/sack/fumble vs. Cincy is the EXACT type play where some edge pressure by an OT gets the "stat" but the problem really was Hardwick on rollerskates so Rivers had nowhere to step up.

OT's get the blame by the announcers and fans, but Hardwick is the real problem on the OL.
We definitely have different opinions. I saw Hardwick get beat today, sure, but it was nothing compared to the whooping that our tackles took. And he was playing a DT tandem that has beat just about everyone they've played this year. Hardwick's value for blitz pickup and getting the calls right goes unseen. But we don't have to agree... just don't try to tell me that I'm stat watching and making a knee jerk reaction and that Mike Harris, Jeromey Clary, and Kevin Haslim are viable starters in the NFL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
We definitely have different opinions. I saw Hardwick get beat today, sure, but it was nothing compared to the whooping that our tackles took. And he was playing a DT tandem that has beat just about everyone they've played this year. Hardwick's value for blitz pickup and getting the calls right goes unseen. But we don't have to agree... just don't try to tell me that I'm stat watching and making a knee jerk reaction and that Mike Harris, Jeromey Clary, and Kevin Haslim are viable starters in the NFL.
I have said the OT's need replaced. Hardwick is worse.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
I have said the OT's need replaced. Hardwick is worse.
Which is an interesting, outside the box opinion that you are entitled to. We just don't share it and I wouldn't want someone thinking I based my opinion entirely on numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Which is an interesting, outside the box opinion that you are entitled to. We just don't share it and I wouldn't want someone thinking I based my opinion entirely on numbers.
I wasn't insinuating anything about how you decide. Honest.

I just say what I see. I think the OT's have been beyond bad, but I firmly believe Hardwick is actually worse.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
I wasn't insinuating anything about how you decide. Honest.

I just say what I see. I think the OT's have been beyond bad, but I firmly believe Hardwick is actually worse.
We get that, now when are you going to get around to watching Braxston Cave?? Tomorrow perhaps?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
We get that, now when are you going to get around to watching Braxston Cave?? Tomorrow perhaps?
I'll start looking in the next few weeks ...

Hey ... if we want a NT, I think I got a mancrush on #99 from Georgia watching the SEC Title game. Geathers? Dude is good.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
I'll start looking in the next few weeks ...

Hey ... if we want a NT, I think I got a mancrush on #99 from Georgia watching the SEC Title game. Geathers? Dude is good.
That duo is good. Didn't catch the game, but #6 on Georgia, John Jenkins, is one of the top rated NT prospects this year. Top 5 DT prospect.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
That duo is good. Didn't catch the game, but #6 on Georgia, John Jenkins, is one of the top rated NT prospects this year. Top 5 DT prospect.
Yeah ... he caught my eye too. 99 was better yesterday.

Just going on a one gave viewing, I'd say #6 would be a better fit as a 4-3 1 tech, and 99 a 3-4 NT.