Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Trouble in Football Paradise

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle

Is this the end?
Old 01-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Good read. No player is bigger than the team though through reading article it appears that Brady is bigger than the team. I sort of questioned the trading of two back up quarterbacks in a span of two months. Was this a smart move by management to get more draft picks? What if Brady gets hurt? I don't blame Belichick for being concern...ultimately he was looking out for the team. Sounds like Brady was looking out for himself.

No doubt the article is right about the state of the team heading into uncharted territory. Trying to play into your forties regardless of training and diet is a challenge. Tom now has two opponents he's facing on Sundays. The next opponent and of course father time. Brady may not be yelling at McDaniels come next season...it may be Belichick himself. Now that would be good TV to see!!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:24 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
That's just a great, great article.

Never thought I'd be on Belichick's "side" -- but against Kraft and Brady, count me in.

(By the way -- Man, how can one franchise be on the receiving end of so many jaw-dropping fails by their opponents -- especially after, and while, cheating? No justice)
Old 01-05-2018, 03:27 AM
Hall of Famer

This qualifies as a bomb cyclone.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:28 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Good read. No player is bigger than the team though through reading article it appears that Brady is bigger than the team. I sort of questioned the trading of two back up quarterbacks in a span of two months. Was this a smart move by management to get more draft picks? What if Brady gets hurt? I don't blame Belichick for being concern...ultimately he was looking out for the team. Sounds like Brady was looking out for himself.

No doubt the article is right about the state of the team heading into uncharted territory. Trying to play into your forties regardless of training and diet is a challenge. Tom now has two opponents he's facing on Sundays. The next opponent and of course father time. Brady may not be yelling at McDaniels come next season...it may be Belichick himself. Now that would be good TV to see!!
You just said that the GOAT is not bigger than the team.

A team that many many many players went to because of Brady being their best chance leading them to SB Rings. (Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, ) and many many more desired to play there.

If there is an exception to "No player is bigger than the team blah bloo rah rah cheer." rule, it is both Brady, and the Patriot Way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Freak, the hot rumor this early am is Belicheat to NYG.

This story only got out there because BB wanted it to.

Krafty should have sided with BB/JimmyG IMHO.

I agree with you Emp, TB12 is the only one worthy (if that's a good word here) of extra consideration here.

However, there is one other GOAT in the conference room...
Old 01-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Moderator of Delusions

LOts and lots of speculation in that one. More about Guerro and how weird he and TB are.

If anything, if Brady is having his way and he get hurt and hoyer has to step in, then expect less than stellar which is fine by me. If BB leaves even more so.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Great. So ESPN just guaranteed a Patriots Superbowl victory?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Brady is a product of Belicheat, not the other way around. Whenever Brady is missing games, the Patriots don't miss a beat. The receivers are still schemed wide open and the teams are still smart as heck. Without Belicheat, Brady will be a shell of his usual self.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

The timing of the Jimmy G trade struck me as odd when it happened. Belichick has been known to release players before they are done, thinking of Seymour, Wilfolk etc. I’m sure he was thinking the same about Brady and had confidence that Jimmy G was ready. Helping his assistants prepare for interviews for the first Time is another indication that he’s ready to blow it up in NE and leave the cupboard bare. How nice it would be to see them lose their first playoff game and have the franchise blow up.