Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espańol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
A history lesson for all -

Several years ago I was a mod at the UT Chargers forum. It was somewhat of a painful job because the UT had what I call lax rules so the posts were often wild. Then, one day I got a note from Joel Price telling me that he wanted to start up a forum at the Chargers site. He asked if I’d be interested in being the moderator there and helping to get the forum going. I told him I’d do that if the forum had tighter rules. He said if you do this – you can write the rules.

So, I agreed and sent me a link to this site. That was August of 2004. It was new and Joel and I were the only ones on it. We wrote the rules – the same ones you see there today, did some testing and declared it ready for the public.

Next, Joel put a link on the Chargers.com site and put it on Google. I went back to the UT site and asked 20 of my buddies there to come over and help us get the site going. All of them came over and this forum was “born”. I asked everyone to invite at least one more person and it started to grow. I still recall Joel and rejoicing when the population reached 100 members!

A plea to Joel
This is what I want to say to Joel now. Don't give up on the forum, do as we did at the beginning – publicize it. Ask the regulars in here to bring over a friend or two. Post a link in the LA Times Football page. Write a little story on the main site about the Chargers forum. You didn’t give up on this forum when we only had 20 members, you worked to bring it around and it grew into a great forum for the fans. Don’t give up on it now Joel – put some effort into drawing more fans to it.
Wow Chargeroo, I knew you were the first poster but didn't know the whole back story and how instrumental you were in actually getting the CMB up and running from the ground up.

I thank you and salute you for all you've done on behalf of the Chargers.

It's interesting they announce their shutting down the msg board after the 1st game effective Sept 28th about the 4th week into the season?, pretty odd timing, if their gonna do this why not after the season, during the offseason?

There were many fans on the CMB who walked away from the CMB after the move which affected participation here, it was slow over the off season but seems to be more active now that the season has started and then they decide to pull the plug? .... I think you mentioned 'alienate' in another thread which I think is the perfect word.

If the CMB shuts down as planned, everyone will find somewhere else, it's kinda sad because the fans on this forum support the team, yet the team decision makers are pushing them away by taking away this venue.

Again Chargeroo, thank you for everything you've done.

Go Chargers!
Old 09-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Fabio View Post
CFleet1 kanobe- you’re our only hope.
I am ready. With Tom. We can do this.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Hall of Famer

If they fined players 5k for every drop the Spanos could find this board for the next 10 years off of TB last week.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Chargeroo thank you for fighting until the very end to save the CMB.

What will be will be...if we can create some traffic as the Chargers turn things around and make a run at the playoffs. Things might change...This ownership looks at the bottom line. We're expendable not worth their time. Until then I'm posting until the last week of the season. No need to go anywhere else.

Be nice if this team comes to it's football senses and wins a game in February. What a way to put an end to what you once started! That would be sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
A history lesson for all -

Several years ago I was a mod at the UT Chargers forum. It was somewhat of a painful job because the UT had what I call lax rules so the posts were often wild. Then, one day I got a note from Joel Price telling me that he wanted to start up a forum at the Chargers site. He asked if I’d be interested in being the moderator there and helping to get the forum going. I told him I’d do that if the forum had tighter rules. He said if you do this – you can write the rules.

So, I agreed and sent me a link to this site. That was August of 2004. It was new and Joel and I were the only ones on it. We wrote the rules – the same ones you see there today, did some testing and declared it ready for the public.

Next, Joel put a link on the Chargers.com site and put it on Google. I went back to the UT site and asked 20 of my buddies there to come over and help us get the site going. All of them came over and this forum was “born”. I asked everyone to invite at least one more person and it started to grow. I still recall Joel and rejoicing when the population reached 100 members!

A plea to Joel
This is what I want to say to Joel now. Don't give up on the forum, do as we did at the beginning – publicize it. Ask the regulars in here to bring over a friend or two. Post a link in the LA Times Football page. Write a little story on the main site about the Chargers forum. You didn’t give up on this forum when we only had 20 members, you worked to bring it around and it grew into a great forum for the fans. Don’t give up on it now Joel – put some effort into drawing more fans to it.