Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Agreed. All great points. Absolutely ZERO reason whatsoever to criticize our RB tandem right now. But the most important point you made about them throwing it at the end of the game instead of 3 runs up the gut was so true... They put the ball in the hands of our best player (PR) and let him close out the game. In years past that series would have been so predictable. Really hoping that Whiz thinks outside of the box moving forward and the entire teams stays aggressive. We are the red-headed step children of the NFL... nobody likes us. It is us against the world....
Not criticizing our RB tandem at all...I like our 1-2 punch of Gordon and Ekkie...just making some observations about how MG3 can improve for the future and gain more yardage, maybe even take it to the house...sorry if I stirred up a hornet's nest here...

Last edited by topcat4477; 10-09-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 10-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Not criticizing our RB tandem at all...I like our 1-2 punch of Gordon and Ekkie...just making some observations about how MG3 can improve for the future and gain more yardage, maybe even take it to the house...sorry if I stirred up a hornet's nest here...
We enjoy giving you a hard time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Yes, I've kind of noticed that...no problem...all in good fun as we go through the ups and downs of a season...hopefully a lot more ups than downs....

Old 10-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes...maybe he could took it to the house. But really after a huge chunk play well called by Whisenhunt having Tyrell in motion and hitting MG with the middle screen behind Pouncey and Feeney. Beautifully designed and for the most part executed.

So we scored a couple plays later vs MG seeing daylight a split second later. Maybe he could rode his hip...his senses thought the defensive linemen was closer. Heck of a play though...keep it up guys.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:37 PM
outback goon

Quote:
Yes, I've kind of noticed that...no problem...all in good fun as we go through the ups and downs of a season...hopefully a lot more ups than downs....
i'll take the downs........First Downs........Touchdowns!!

all of em
Old 10-10-2018, 03:06 AM
19 Fan

This play really spawned its own thread? I have better things to do like go watch paint peel..........
Old 10-10-2018, 04:35 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:

You're entire post is nothing but one big criticism of MGIII... The guy has been beast for us so far this season. Lots of other areas of the team that actually do deserve criticism. MGIII is not one of them.

Apology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post

This

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Per NFL. Com

The Chargers' backfield of Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler is on pace for 3,216 yards from scrimmage this season, which would top the record for a backfield duo set by Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram last year (3,094). Gordon is running like a man possessed, rarely going down on first contact. Ekeler may be the best pure backup in the league. The Chargers' backfield yardage is split almost evenly between rushing and receiving yardage, an excellent change of pace to all those years Philip Rivers received too little help from his running backs.