Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Default 24 Hours with Melvin Gordon

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/11/24...chargers-49ers

My favorite quote:
Quote:
9:17 a.m.
Father and son exchange game tickets and hugs, and Gordon is on the road to Carson. Soon enough, traffic slows to a crawl, and Gordon begins to calculate just how much of his game day he spends in his Range Rover. Itís a time for meditation, to get lost in the hip hop bellowing through the speakersóitís not a time for brake lights. ďI donít really like this area too much, to be honest. I loved San Diego. It was my kind of energy, my kind of vibe. It was a perfect place for me. Everything was perfect.Ē

Topcat's favorite quote:
Quote:
7:50 p.m.
The Chargersí digital staff uploads the all-22 film from the game, accessible on every playerís tablet, about two days before NFL Game Pass subscribers have access. Gordon, who has been refreshing the upload feed while eating and watching Sunday night Ravens-Steelers game, takes a seat at the kitchen island and huddles with his father to watch the film. The viewing session is full of self-critiques, visions of yards left on the field and could-have-been big plays. ďOh my gosh, I wanted to take an inside move on him, and I thought, heís playing me to protect the inside!Ē Gordon yells. ďI was too far outside of him.Ē

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm not the only homer that wants the team to return to S.D.

Looks like my man Melvin Gordon feels the same way. Candid interview about his life and family. You're playing great MG hopefully you stay healthy latter part of the season.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
I'm not the only homer that wants the team to return to S.D.

Looks like my man Melvin Gordon feels the same way. Candid interview about his life and family. You're playing great MG hopefully you stay healthy latter part of the season.
How long before ownership sees that the Chargers will never be as relevant in LA, even with a title? Iím very curious to see that stats in attendance between home rams games vs. home chargers games in the new stadium.

Back to MG, I hope his comment on not liking living in LA doesnít sway him when itís time to re-sign him. Heís really come into his own these last two years.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T12355 View Post
How long before ownership sees that the Chargers will never be as relevant in LA, even with a title? Iím very curious to see that stats in attendance between home rams games vs. home chargers games in the new stadium.

Back to MG, I hope his comment on not liking living in LA doesnít sway him when itís time to re-sign him. Heís really come into his own these last two years.
Finding a Charger Fan that actually prefers them in LA all else held equal is going to be difficult. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up.... We all wanted them to stay in SD... but they didn't. There are so many more important things in life than the city my team plays in... I just root for the Bolts and in my heart they are still a SD Team.... my home team. They are never moving back. The NFL would have to:

1) build them a stadium in SD

2) assure them the LA TV market even though they moved back

3) void the 2nd relocation fee

Considering the bad feelings (bridges burnt) and the inept political landscape (lack of vision) in SD... I think their is a better chance of them relocating to Orange County or the IE. You could name them the SoCal Chargers. That would be cool. But returning to SD...? Highly unlikely...

I do think winning a championship would change a ton though. I just think this is viewed as a long-term move. There are a 100 million TVs showing the Chargers in the LA Market every Sunday. There are young kids sitting in front of the TV watching some of our fantastic talent play exciting football in the best uniforms in the NFL. If they can put together a string of good playoffs runs and perhaps win a ring then the momentum could build quicker.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Finding a Charger Fan that actually prefers them in LA all else held equal is going to be difficult. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up.... We all wanted them to stay in SD... but they didn't. There are so many more important things in life than the city my team plays in... I just root for the Bolts and in my heart they are still a SD Team.... my home team. They are never moving back. The NFL would have to:

1) build them a stadium in SD

2) assure them the LA TV market even though they moved back

3) void the 2nd relocation fee

Considering the bad feelings (bridges burnt) and the inept political landscape (lack of vision) in SD... I think their is a better chance of them relocating to Orange County or the IE. You could name them the SoCal Chargers. That would be cool. But returning to SD...? Highly unlikely...

I do think winning a championship would change a ton though. I just think this is viewed as a long-term move. There are a 100 million TVs showing the Chargers in the LA Market every Sunday. There are young kids sitting in front of the TV watching some of our fantastic talent play exciting football in the best uniforms in the NFL. If they can put together a string of good playoffs runs and perhaps win a ring then the momentum could build quicker.
You pretty much nailed it. At that end of the day, the only thing that will make a difference in the LA market is winning. Not some cheesy marketing or social media gimmicks - just win baby.

Win the title, then win some more. If you can't do that like other sports franchises have in LA, you will be irrelevant.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Shruggy put it best...we all have a share of the truth there. It's hard for me even to this day to accept the loss of an NFL team. It's not just geography to me like other fans have stated it's much more. Being a San Diegan since I was eleven years old, the Chargers have been an indelible footprint on San Diego.

Others have stopped being Charger fans because of the move. I completely understand it to the point that I'm now ready to do the same either after this season or when Rivers retires. The farewell tour of this site was the clincher to move on.

We all have our stops of being a diehard fan post move. And I say this with no hard feelings as I stated this site has helped me process the loss of the San Diego Chargers. Overall, it's been a good run.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Legend

Quote:
Shruggy put it best...we all have a share of the truth there. It's hard for me even to this day to accept the loss of an NFL team. It's not just geography to me like other fans have stated it's much more. Being a San Diegan since I was eleven years old, the Chargers have been an indelible footprint on San Diego.

Others have stopped being Charger fans because of the move. I completely understand it to the point that I'm now ready to do the same either after this season or when Rivers retires. The farewell tour of this site was the clincher to move on.

We all have our stops of being a diehard fan post move. And I say this with no hard feelings as I stated this site has helped me process the loss of the San Diego Chargers. Overall, it's been a good run.
I'm gonna will you to stick around as a fan.

Part of that plan is to keep Rivers playing for enough years that some of the now younger players will have grown on you by then.

Part of it will be to meet you at a game, or sports bar, and buy you
Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Ha ha...you're appreciated Shruggy. I don't care what anyone says about you. You're alright in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shruggy View Post
I'm gonna will you to stick around as a fan.

Part of that plan is to keep Rivers playing for enough years that some of the now younger players will have grown on you by then.

Part of it will be to meet you at a game, or sports bar, and buy you
Old 10-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Legend

Quote:
Ha ha...you're appreciated Shruggy. I don't care what anyone says about you. You're alright in my book.
That book is a NY Times Bestseller, I bet!