Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2018, 09:05 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default Attacking the Long Road Ahead - By Hunter Henry

Great piece by Hunter as he memorializes the aftermath of his OTA injury and speaks about what motivates him during his rehabilitation.

Hopefully we will have him back before the end of the season for the playoff push / run!!

https://www.chargers.com/news/attack...y-hunter-henry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 AM
HOFer in Training

Really great read. HH is a football player. Back for a December push and PO run I hope.

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 10-12-2018, 09:34 AM
glutton for punishment...

Thanks for posting... Was disappointed that he kept saying "a long road ahead"... even at the end... I wanted to hear... "I made a miraculous recovery and will be in Bolts by Week 11." This offense could be scary good with HH in the lineup. Such a mismatch to exploit. He is missed and I hope that we will see him before the season ends.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Thanks for posting... Was disappointed that he kept saying "a long road ahead"... even at the end... I wanted to hear... "I made a miraculous recovery and will be in Bolts by Week 11." This offense could be scary good with HH in the lineup. Such a mismatch to exploit. He is missed and I hope that we will see him before the season ends.
But you really wanted to read, "If i wanted to go out on the field last week, I could have. I just want to play it safe. But I'm growing really bored at home playing Madden, so I'm going to target right after the bye week."
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Hall of Famer

A solid guy who took the injury hard but has had the resolve to come back better than ever. I imagine the staff won't rush him. Take your time and spend that time with your beautiful wife.

You have Verrett and Lamp to bond with for part of the time. I have no doubt you will come back better than ever. When we get the ball to Hunter, good things happen.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
A solid guy who took the injury hard but has had the resolve to come back better than ever. I imagine the staff won't rush him. Take your time and spend that time with your beautiful wife.

You have Verrett and Lamp to bond with for part of the time. I have no doubt you will come back better than ever. When we get the ball to Hunter, good things happen.
Unfortunately Lamp is listed as active and 2nd at RG on the depth chart and is only missing games because he can't beat out Schofield. I gotta say I did not see this happening. He is approaching bust status IMO. But considering how well TT has drafted over the last several years... you gotta just shrug it off. OL is playing better than it has in recent memory... due in large part to our All Pro FA C Pouncey. Played w/o our starting OTs last week and it was not at all the disaster it would have been in the past. Both are still questionable for Sunday against the Browns.... which has a much better DL.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Hall of Famer

It's not officially a bust just yet since he missed most of camp. Lamp gets a pass for me just as Mike got one although I was getting impatient. Forrest will rise to the top at some point. We can't be that snake bitten when drafting offensive line talent can we? Unlucky...he will return and kick but just gotta be patient with him.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Hall of Famer

I like Henry a lot, but don't want him to rush. How much is the TE hurting us now? Would he really make much difference? I say not really, Gates and Green are crushing it.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
I like Henry a lot, but don't want him to rush. How much is the TE hurting us now? Would he really make much difference? I say not really, Gates and Green are crushing it.
Sorry... gotta disagree with you here. HH is one of the best TE in the league. He is a mismatch... Gates and Green are serviceable. Could make all the difference in the world in a close game.